SAU Community

How Much Boost

jnr_chin

dont want to sound stupid or anything

but if you dont know its better to ask

having a 10lb spring in a wastegate will allow for ONLY 10lb of boost or will a boost controller be able to give more?

or is it that the boost controller can only control between 1 to 10? more boost higher lb spring

thanx maan

my question is answered i need to go back and check the car now for some leak or part damaged.

i am using a turbo XS boost controller on a hks wastegate with 10lb spring. the screw on the controller is fully tightened and i am getting almost 10lbs i figure more or less that i am having a prob caz i am almost sure i went higher than 10lbs with the same waste gate. i am not sure as yet but i dont think i am loosing boost really got to check it out.

are you screwing it the right way. on the gfb you got to screw it out to increase pressure

MY BAD i was going the wrong way but question though when the controller is fully tightened what amount of boost should i be getting? is it the spring rate and no lower? thats what mixed me up caz i tightened it and i am getting close to 10lbs is this correct then?