SAU Community

Rays Wheel Nut Adaptor

Iron Chef

Hi guys,

I've got Nismo wheel nuts on my GT-R - if you haven't seen them, they're actually 7-sided like Rays wheel nuts, and obviously require a special adaptor to get them off. Normally I'd chisel through them and just get a new set, but the Nismo ones are worth a crapload of money and all 20 nuts are the 7-sided ones, not just one on each wheel.

Has anyone got an adaptor I can borrow for a day? I need to put my new tyres on! Otherwise I may actually have to buy another full set so I can get the adaptor, which seems a tad silly :S

is there no adapters being sold on yahoo auctions :P well if you get another set Growly custom maching might be able to replicate the adapter so you will be able to sell the new lock nuts with a new adapter

I'm good mates with Matt - that's why I only need someone else's for a day or two, so he can copy it for me :D

If the nut is similar to the Volk GT-C's, you can buy the hex extension from any tool shop.

The Wheelworx guys are on the hunt for one at the moment, there were a few different versions apparently.