SAU Community

Want Big Single,help Me Decide Please

rumbles

hi there,i want to run a big single turbo on my GTR,first question is running a big turbo on a gtr is it required that i rebuild the motor,or maybe the question is whats the biggest turbo i can run on a standard motor,im not opening the motor yet apart from HKS step 2 cams and gears.i do understand its not going to get much boost in a standard motor,but i want to see what i can make without opening the bottom end.the cams will help with high cylinder pressures

i have a T88-34D and can also get a GT45.and iv heard i can get a TO4Z

i know what the first question will be and yes i dont care about lag,there will be heaps and i know,i use to own and pilot a 7 second rx3,so i know what it takes to drive something like this.

im not new to GTRs but have always just been a sheep and run small singles.i want big.

any and all advise is greatly appreciated .

You can make any figure, how long will it last though?

If you want it to last - GT35, about as big as you can push a stock bottom end reliably.

Otherwise, if you have the money there for the rebuild, boost away with whatever your wallet can afford

Big turbos... which make big power... and stock bottom ends, don't last. So no point having a big turbo if your not chasing big power

Im running a t04z on my GTR and it goes good. After a few problems with fuel delivery i've now got 337awkw's at 14psi. Stock bottom end with 260 Tomei poncams , Vipec ecu and supporting mods.

It is abit laggy, fullboost is at 4500rpm which isnt too bad, considering the n1 turbos i was running before was 4000rpm.

But im not going to be running anymore boost until i rebuild the engine as it simply wont last.

i just spoke to my machanic and he sugested the to4z.he said 350-375 kws....

im also looking at a GT45,the machanic has a R33 GTR with one of these big boys on it,runs 18psi and make over 650hp.

yes the bottom end is done but it was metioned that it was driveing on 12psi for 12 months making 510hp all day everyday before the bottom end rebuid.

350-370rwkw is right in the meat for GT35 territory mate :nyaanyaa:

a T04Z will run off 440rwkw, so unless your looking for that...

There is a big thread on GT35/T04Z going at the moment with lots of information for either side so you can make your own call there