SAU Community

Newspaper Today, P Platers.

Guest DARKRB

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but seriously we need a defensive driving course in adelaide on a skid pan. the number of people i know who've crashed or almost crashed in the hills [not doing idiotic things-just because of the state of some of the roads] is huge

I love people who blame the roads. Sure our roads are on the shit side, but if you take them at the speed they are signposted at, you wouldn't be losing control let alone getting killed on them. So many people won't address behaviour, speed, roadworthiness of car, bald tyres, but they're happy to blame roads.

We do need defensive courses, but its not the responsibility of the government or any authorities. In any case, realistically there is no big enough market for it. Everyone says they want one, but you know you'll never get around to doing it when "the hills are free". Go too fast, you're increasing the risk of losing control. Simple. Don't have the skills to react safely, then slow down.

If I was a cynical old (ish) bastard, I'd say what we have here is nothing more than standard government policy. It's a win-win for each state government - they get to implement a policy that has fantastic potential to raise additional state revenue, but masquerades quite nicely as a serious measure against youth driving issues.

That said, I can see merit in age/power-to-weight restrictions. The one thing that all the measures in the world, driver training included, can never rectify is attitude, attitude towards the use of a motor vehicle, attitude towards road safety and attitude towards other motorists. Maturity, wisdom, and experience as a whole are things that cannot come from anything other than time - and it doesn't even need to be time behind the wheel.

I have a few good friends and acquaintances that are young (25 or under) that will fall into the scope of this proposed policy, however, I know that they possess a level of maturity and have the right attitude to driving on public roads. Unfortunately, I think it is fair to say that they would be part of a minority.

Guest CleanAndSimple
Tom, in no way am I singling you out or picking on you (I have kids that'll be in your shoes 1 day) but you actually instigated the debate by requesting forum opinion in your 1st post (see your post below).

So far I think that those that are for the proposed laws, have been relatively constructive......could you say the same thing for those against?!

yes i do agree with it. even with me being a p-plater a sensible p-plater i would like to think. but i can get the other side of it. as i see alot of the p hooning being a p plates with p plater mates etc. can get the other side of it. it just anyoys me that the dickheads out there are rewening it for the rest of us. guess we could use that in any example of life tho.

If you're young, you earn it and pay it first.

yes i do respect that. being young i still have wayy more to learn and im not saying i know everything. i actually know very little. just dont think that this is fair. becuase some p-plates are 18 to 20, i dont really think there the issue. i think its the just got the license people that tend to go abit crazy. and with just about to turn 18. im more than comfotable on the roads and in my car still again not saying i know everything. just comfotable. the princible im trying to get at is just because i may be young doesnt mean the im not more mature than a 17 year old which people never guess im 17/18 when they meet me and talk to me. (can no longer be refered to as a 17 year old on saturday WOOT)...

i dont think ban them, i recon more of a power/power to weight limit. i owned the GTR when i was on my p's and showing off got into a couplem hairy situations. that was only making 200awkw's as my first dyno recorded. too much power for such an inexperienced person

god i love people who judge before they know the full story.

well if you must know. for starters its not from my parents! and none of the money was GIVEN TO ME!!...

dropped out of school at 15/16. and started working.

been working my ass off, and eventually when i had the money i got my skyline.

so before we judge and talk like you know where they money came from, like ur thinking just because im young it had to of come from my parents. find out the full story.

ques⋅tion   /ˈkwɛstʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kwes-chuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. a sentence in an enquiring form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply.

dropping out at 15 jeez i guess i shoulda known that was the answer. fact remains you'd be forking out a s load in insurance for it thats if you do insure it.

if you were getting forced to give up your car i would see why your stressing but your not and will not there's no way theyd apply these laws to people already on their p's. there would be some warning and a date set if you get your license after here you will be under these rules as with the current extra rules they have

you'll have to forgive me but the way you talking you make it sound like its embarrasing to drive some low powered 4cylinder car around and somehow owning a skyline makes you better than them.

now pass the friggen peace pipe and chill the whole worlds not against you

post-31501-1229507081_thumb.jpg

Edited by Inline 6

Guest CleanAndSimple
rewening?

wtf sort of word is that?

typical 17 - 18 yr old response.

its not me!

im sensible

its every other teenage driver just not me.

look up the word niaeve!

Nice, see were playing the "I Was Never Young Roll",

Forgive me if i spelt a word wrong btw, Let me correct myself "wrecking"

because nobody spells words wrong on the internet forums at all,

its like lets have a go at them just because they young, and i was never young and liked to have abit of fun.

now in all serious. sorry if i come across like a dickhead! just stress my young ass off with this. finally save up enough money and i thought the goverment were gunna take that away.

Tom Out!, Had enough of having a go a people just because im young/p platers are young.

See you on the road

Inline6. Pass The Peace Pipe Around Abit! (All In Joke. I Dont Do Drugs)

Guest CleanAndSimple
*shakes old fist at random young folk

Bergijigity...that's right bergjigity!

AHAHA! Nice! Make Me Laugh!

Different change from this topic lol.

Guest CleanAndSimple

just a little. funny how chrismas is the most stressful time of year..

and the most police filled roads lol. just means my skyline chill in the driveway. lol

Merry Chrismas All.

are they gonna create power to weight ratio limits for the 30-40 and the 50-70 bracket who have tripple the deaths this year, and every single year on record?

there is a much bigger underlying problem with the driving culture of this country, the standards in this state alone are shocking, generally with the older bracket aswell. which in term are those who are first to blame the youth.

but as i said in the previous thread of this nature there does need to be a rule in place to limit hp, regardless of driving history a 16yr old kid dosent need more than 150kw when they are still coming to terms with basic road going sittuations and peer pressure

and to say its not the governments issues to create motorsport parks maybe you need to educate yourself on what other states are doing...... and the results of this action :P

Edited by rhys5169

This new law has one advantage:

if P platers can't drive skylines this site will be a lot less like ns.com (even ns.com would improve, its a win win scenario) LOL

:P

Good one ;)

Legislate these and all problems would be solved.

Any motor vehicle being driven on a public road had to be preceded by a person waving a red flag by day or a red lantern by night

In Illinois, the law is that a car must be driven with the steering wheel.

California law prohibits a woman from driving a car while dressed in a housecoat.

In Memphis, Tennessee, a woman is not to drive a car unless a man warns approaching motorists or pedestrians by walking in front of the car that is being driven.

In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping.

In New York, it is against the law for a blind person to drive an automobile.

Oh the jocularity :P

are they gonna create power to weight ratio limits for the 30-40 and the 50-70 bracket who have tripple the deaths this year, and every single year on record?

10 times more licenced drivers in the 30-40 bracket than teenagers..........meaningless stat Rhys