SAU Community

Iq3 Dash By Haltech/racepak

Just curious if anyone has played around with this new Dash. I had a quick squiz during Sydney Auto Salon along with the MXL and it seems like a very well priced dash for the features. I also saw one of these dashes on the twin turbo ford next to the JB HiFi stand. There are a few issues that need to be sorted out like making a custom sensor wire from the fuel sender for the fuel gauge and the speed sensor for measuring road speed when GPS signal is lost under a tunnel, but I can't imagine these are all that complicated. Also if you are doing away with the factory dash warning lights (Ait Bag, Handbrake, etc.) and indicator display might also be of some consideration. I'm mainly interested as the price of the Display dash is about the same as 3 memory gauges (I'm looking at Boost, Oil Temp and Oil Press) and allows you to add any other sensor for around $50 when you have spare inputs to a USM, or alternatively buy the plug and play sensor harness for around $200. From what I can gather only around 20 of these have actually been sold, but keen to hear if there is any on a street driven car.

Link: http://www.racepak.com/Components/IQ3.php

Prices: Logger Dash RRP $1895.00 or Display Dash RRP $995.00

iq3dash.jpg

For info it comes as a direct plug in for the E8 and E11 (which I am currently running) ECUs which connect to the dash via a single cable which is pretty low profile for the amount channels you are able to view.

• 1 month later...

I don't know this dash specifically, but at $2k its about twice the price of the units mountainrunner on here is making....I do like the idea of replacing multiple gauges with one thing that just tells you what you need to know :) my production car has 9 aftermarket gauges in addition to the stock 6. too busy

• 1 month later...

Interesting Dash setup.

Whilst I'de love to install the SDL or ADL on my Motec m800 - I dont have 8-14k for a damn dash display!

Meridian Motorsport sell Race Tech Dashes which are interesting.

Datalogging overlay software, video overlay info (like in the car games/best motoring) and upto 20HZ GPS mapping.

Price from $1950 inc GST to $3500 for a full setup wtih 6Gforce sensor for drifting/cornering

rt_combo.jpg

Dash2.jpg

Company Website: http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html

Manufacturer: Race Technology

Availability: Please Call

Sku: RT-Dash3_DL1

Price: $2,095.01

Detailed Information

The DL1 and DASH2 package deal combines our two most popular products together with a memory card and reader to get you started, all at an unbeatable price.

The package includes:

DL1 data logger

DASH2 display

1024 MB Compact Flash card

USB 2.0 card reader

Race Technology software CD

The DL1 is a highly flexible, powerful data logging system. Featuring an integrated, high accuracy, 20Hz GPS receiver, with data logging directly to compact flash. It is ideally suited to auto sport applications as well as bikes, boats and industrial/professional applications.

The DASH2 is a slimline, water resistant (IP65) data display system, with a custom backlit LCD screen, 6 fully configurable shiftlights, and a diecast aluminium enclosure. With configurable display screens, independent alarms and the ability to accept sensor signals independently and via the DL1. The feature packed DASH2 can be tailored to fit almost any automotive display application

When the DASH2 is connected to the DL1, it can be configured to display parameters including real time lap and sector times calculated from GPS data without the need for a trackside beacon. Any sensor data being logged by the DL1 can also be displayed in real time on the DASH2 via the serial connection. The actual data that the DASH2 displays, as well as the units etc can all be configured from a PC to the user's exact requirements.

A 1024 MB compact flash card and USB 2.0 card reader are included in the package to get you started logging and transferring data. A 1024 MB card, as a guide, when used with the DL1 this card will provide logging capacity sufficient for all channels for approximately 40 hours. The card reader is suitable for use with a laptop or desktop PC. No drivers required for 2000/ME/XP/Vista, simply plug it in and any inserted compact flash card will appear as an additional drive on your machine.

For more detailed information on the DL1 and DASH2 please visit their dedicated product pages.

Please note: DASH2 and DL1s bought as a package deal are sold as a package and as such their compatibility is locked together. Attempting to split the package will result in compatibility issues.

Packages are availiable in either 2G or 6G Accelerometer DL1 Units.

we use that dash and logger on Aaron Hambridge's Top alcahol dragster. He seems happy with it.

You could ring him and ask him about it. 42576792.

Nobody else had any experience with them?

post-20078-1236281345_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
the Vi-PEC has 4MB of in-built logging...the display dash will do fine.

And to add (which you probably already knew Paul) the dash display no longer needs an adapting plug as the baud rate can be varied to match up with aftermarket dashes.

I've got one in installed in my Evo 9. Pulled out the OEM dash and mounted the IQ3 on a carbon dash surround I bought from the UK. Had it wired up so that I retain all of the normal dash lights (indicator, diff modes etc). Had fuel level rigged up on the dash as well.

559977805_GMxPa-M.jpg

Good dash with lots of features. Software is great for circuit, not quite as flash for open tracks (hill climbs/motorkhanas etc). Predictive lap time function is a real motivator when you see yourself going slower than your target lap time. Programmable warnings and shift lights also very nifty.

Only problem I've had with it thus far is that the centre large numeral that displays gear/no. satellites has started to fade. Seems to be a common problem with the early units. Racepak are aware of it and are happy to fix it under warranty. I just haven't got around to sending it back!

Edited by BCM

Yeah I've got the logger version. I've got it hooked up to my Autronic SM4 so in addition to the 3 axis g sensors, gps speed and location I'm able to log:

Engine RPM

MAP

Throttle Pos

AFR (assuming it's the stock oxygen sensor..so useless really...I'll hook up the Zeitronix I have at some point)

Battery Voltage

Water Temp

Intake Temp

Manifold Temp

Exhaust Back Pressure

Cam Angle

Injector Pulse Width (the software has maths channels..so I'm able to calc duty cycle)

Ignition Timing

Knock Retard

Wheel Speed

I've also got one of their 4 port USM modules which allows you to hook up external sensors. At the moment one port is hooked up to give me fuel level. I've just bought oil pressue and temp sensors which will take up two more ports.

Racepak have a great support team. When the guy who was hooking it all up for me ran into a problem he had them on the phone from the States at 5pm their time. The support guy stayed until he'd diagnosed the problem (faulty part). He also logged in remotely and helped configure the dash. Top notch service.

They also seem quite receptive to feedback from customers. There have been a number of improvements made to the firmware for the dash at the request of owners, such as having the shift lights flash once all of them are lit up.

Edited by BCM

Yeah I've got the logger version. I've got it hooked up to my Autronic SM4 so in addition to the 3 axis g sensors, gps speed and location I'm able to log:

Engine RPM

MAP

Throttle Pos

AFR (assuming it's the stock oxygen sensor..so useless really...I'll hook up the Zeitronix I have at some point)

Battery Voltage

Water Temp

Intake Temp

Manifold Temp

Exhaust Back Pressure

Cam Angle

Injector Pulse Width (the software has maths channels..so I'm able to calc duty cycle)

Ignition Timing

Knock Retard

Wheel Speed

I've also got one of their 4 port USM modules which allows you to hook up external sensors. At the moment one port is hooked up to give me fuel level. I've just bought oil pressue and temp sensors which will take up two more ports.

Racepak have a great support team. When the guy who was hooking it all up for me ran into a problem he had them on the phone from the States at 5pm their time. The support guy stayed until he'd diagnosed the problem (faulty part). He also logged in remotely and helped configure the dash. Top notch service.

They also seem quite receptive to feedback from customers. There have been a number of improvements made to the firmware for the dash at the request of owners, such as having the shift lights flash once all of them are lit up.

Sounds good. So on top of the dash you just needed the interface module so it works with the ecu (I have an sm4 as well), and the usm module for additional inputs (oil/water temp, oil pressure etc).

These would be great to have in the car as they double up as gauges and provide important information for review afterwards.

Where are these available in Australia? Do they come with sensors etc needed or are these purchased separately? Will they work with Power FC's?

Cheers.