SAU Community

Iq3 Dash By Haltech/racepak

Thanks. Have sent them an enquiry.

Edit:

Damn that was a quick response from modyourcar!

Was told you need a Haltech ECU for this dash.

Bummer!

If that's true (doubt it) then it applies only to the haltech version, but check out the racepak forums for ecu compatibility (adaptor modules etc). And search around for the cheapest place to buy them - normally direct from the US is best, but Intune in WA were selling them incredibly cheap (950 for display only) when a friend checked towards the start of the year.

Edited by DCIEVE

You don't need a Haltech ECU for the IQ3s.

Racepak sell modules that translate between most aftermarket ECUs and the dash.

So they have modules for Motec, Autronic, AEM, Big Stuff, OEM Corvette ECUs, DFI, Haltech, MEFI, Pectel, FAST, XFI and some sort of generic CAN interface. Doesn't look like they do one for PowerFC at the moment. Worth speaking to them though because they are very pro-active if they see a marketing opportunity.

There are also two versions of the dash. A full logging version and another that just displays things. The one linked in this thread on modyourcar is the display only version. Either versions can be hooked up to any ECU that has an interface. Or you can run them without any ECU interface at all. Just don't have as much to display or log.

There is a guy called Mike Runge here in Australia who is stocking them. I'll try and pull his email off of my laptop if I can get it to work after running it over this afternoon with the Evo :( Bizarrely enough whilst pulling out the Autronic interface from my IQ3 setup to lend to a fellow IQ3 user whose interface had died and is entered in Targa West next weekend.

Edited by BCM

Sounds good. So on top of the dash you just needed the interface module so it works with the ecu (I have an sm4 as well), and the usm module for additional inputs (oil/water temp, oil pressure etc).

Correct. System works like shown below. Excuse crap paint pic.

620335559_HFkgr-L.jpg

Edited by BCM

• 5 months later...

Hi guys - am wanting to revive an old thread so as to enquire who has purchased one of the Racepak IQ3 logger dash units and if so, from where. I have only started exploring this avenue of modification so am hoping to get some good pointers as to where to start looking and who has provided good/bad experiences in the buying/selling process.

I am wanting to purchase and install the IQ3 dash, Autronic SM4 interface and USM 4 channel interface unit for my 4G63 powered Lancer Coupe.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ENGINR

i've got a haltech/racepak dash. waiting to put it in the car atm. the racetek site has a price list which is pretty good.

$375 USD for the Autronic modual

$1395 USD for the logger dash

$175 USD for UMD

$1945 USD total

or

$2242AUD + postage.

i'm not not sure if the Haltech vnet module will work with the Autronic, i don't see why it wouldn't, as they both run the CAN interface, but might as well contact a Haltech dealer and find out, cause i think they are slitly cheaper from Haltech ATM.

Edited by sav man

I was looking at the states, was quoted $200 USD for postage though. My local tuner is a Haltech distorbuter, so I got it through him.

A few tuning companies are onselling the IQ3 now, i know Tomie are selling them (at a 11ty% price hike)