SAU Community

Pits!

RICCA

I was told that not having mesh over the intercooler is illegal Ricca, I don't have it on mine, but my car is also very sticker worthy, I'm just lucky *crosses fingers*

haha ur a girl you can play with their minds !!

:P

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't get too caught up over the mesh, seems you have bigger issues champ. :P

yer Totaly understand where you are comming from but justb saying some things are just Dingle berries ha!

Was the guy that you had an Italian looking guy. Slightly short and chubby? that’s the guy i had when i first took my car over, he was picking on stupid little things and he was trying to tell me that he could have my car destroyed if he wanted to which is total crap! Little Hitler. he gets a tiny bit of power and it goes to his head.

Any way i took it back to o’connor again and got tall old bold guy and he was very polite and friendly. it went over fine. took all or 10 seconds of the him to check the car was ok and didn’t even bother to check a few things on my list. He was talking to me about how he liked skylines, the new 35GTR and about ripping skids in his wife’s V8 lol

i don’t think it makes a difference where you go so much as who you get when you go.

Oh and if anyone is having to go over the pits and has a fairly low car i recommend you get in the line for the pit closest to the entrance gate because the edges of the pit are a little lower on that one. All the others have a small drop off in the concrete where as this one does not. My car has just less than 100mm clearance and i was worried about it but went over that one fine. Also don’t go over with too much fuel in the tank because that will drop you down a fair bit.

Cheers Rucker34 and yes 90% sure was lil hitler!!!

yer my fuel light was on haha

i might go somewhere tommrow / wensday just need lift the front a touch and should be all good :P

Damn... this sucks Ricca. I've only ever had one yellow *touches wood* and I went to Welshpool. They were pretty good to me. The guy even gave me this booklet and said, "I see you want to mod your car so here is a booklet of guideline" Couldn't believe it after all the horror stories I'd heard haha

I can pretty much guarantee you wont get over with the fibreglass bonnet/guards, unless you know someone. Also i doubt youll find your intercooler is actually cold...... it just cools down the hot air passing through.

1st time i went over the guy didnt care about bonnet / guards he was a good guy he race's V8's or some doodle he only did me due to shockie leak and bold tyers

so i got coilover and fixed everything 2nd time this guys picked on everything (different guy )

Well i will try my luck on wenesday at Whelspool so touch wood it works out!

prob will meet you there as i am taking my car over. i am bit worried about my car passing as i just had a RB26 put into it, but heard isnt much prob cause its an opional engine or something like that. does any one know more about this

I think i may be going to welshpool too from all these stories, the east perth guys picked my car apart, still, i will get most of the their list done just to be on the safe side.... then put it all back on :D

bubba on here got his car past without engineer certs and his engine is a full 1litre increase

i usally go after lunch as thats when everyone is gone and no cars at all haha.

Edited by Flash89

Give midland a go, i passed mine there quick as and i have a cf bonet along with many other mods and the guy commented on it at first then laughed n said i was all good to go. Oh and you have to book your car in @ Midland so you dont need to wait 4 hrs.

prob will meet you there as i am taking my car over. i am bit worried about my car passing as i just had a RB26 put into it, but heard isnt much prob cause its an opional engine or something like that. does any one know more about this

Only thing I reckon they might balk at if they're not in the "know" is the "twin" turbo thing (like insurance companies flip out).

Swapping engine as i know need Enginerring cert or complaice plates or something to 100% sure

but yersh might see u their will be going very earily!

Only if it's vastly bigger or different than the original engine.

bubba on here got his car past without engineer certs and his engine is a full 1litre increase

i usally go after lunch as thats when everyone is gone and no cars at all haha.

It was as simple as change the engine number from RB20xxxx to RB30xxxx :D

Give midland a go, i passed mine there quick as and i have a cf bonet along with many other mods and the guy commented on it at first then laughed n said i was all good to go. Oh and you have to book your car in @ Midland so you dont need to wait 4 hrs.

I went to Midland also, booked the earliest available appointment (7:30am I think it was) which might have been the key to getting a nice inspector.. I think there was 3 or 4 lanes and he probably picked my lane as after talking to him, he rather liked skylines and thanked me for driving my car :D

Hmm actually, that was 2nd pass.. now that I think about it I think I got the same guy both times, first pass rego'd the engine and just found some minor stuff like an exhaust hanger off, a split boot had to secure the pod filter and a bit of piping better. Second time over he just checked the items he noted the first time and off came the sticker.

Maybe with the booking system they can utilise the inspectors better so that instead of being so random (and swamped), you get an inspector that knows your type of car..

Edited by bubba

Midland are pretty cool, got my pulsar re-rego'd there.

There is a place in Geraldton that I got my Torana inspected, he pretty much let me do the inspection myself and let me recitify most of the problems there and then, lol.

OOOH another " the pits are asshole " threads .... I reckon it needs to be like NSW where 10yr or more it needs inspection every 12months or every 12 months if its commercial vechile :banana:

Obvious troll is obvious.