SAU Community

Goal 320awkw - R34gtr

Bakes

when driving hard and about to go for it, your always going to be right at the start of boost so why not benefit from which give you more power all the way through the high revs, the -7's will run out up high wher the -5's will keep going consistently.

Bakes... you wont regret.. trust me! i was in the same boat and was glad i didnt go for the -7's. Its also an investment for future plans.... perhaps! :P

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im running GTSS turbo's - making 325awkw @ 21psi (apparently -7 equivalent)

previously i had a GTRS setup & made 362awkw @ 21psi (apparently -5 equivalent)

both were done by the same tuner - & yes the GTRS came on boost later than the GTSS which was a difference of approx. 2000rpm (& if felt like a lifetime for full boost on the GTRS) BUT the top end rush of the GTRS is awesome, so both turbo's have their pro's & con's!

IMO - if u wanted a circuit or street car i'd go with the GTSS equivalent, if u wanted 1/4 mile or top end rush u'd go with the GTRS!

either way, -5 or -7 u will be wrapped :P as anything over 300awkw is SHWEET!

Poor bloke just wanted the supporting mods..

As others have contributed. 700cc injectors , 044 fuel pump or drop in jap, ecu upgrade , clutch , requisite exhaust from turbo back (dumps / front pipe), 1 bar adjustable actuators. Some adjustable cam gears at the very least , my prefference is for cams but, being able to tune them well costs and not alot of tuners seem to know their way around with them.

On the turbo side here is some GTR data taking from the forum GTR owners, of which there are now a number running different turbos.

the GT-SS (-9's) are unbeatable under 350rwkw & 2530's / -5's over.

The data taken from the RB26 dyno results sticky for various turbos.

Peak power:

The average for the 2530's is; 388rwkw

The average for the GT-SS is; 335.4 rwkw

The average power made by the -5's is; 313rwkw

Of the same data the best power of the -5's was 388rwkw

Best of the 2530's was ; 451rwkw.

Best of the GT-SS was 364rwkw

Now if we are going purely of budget un-opened/ non-built motors maybe with just some drop in cams it looks like this;

-5's average ; 298rwkw

2530's average ; 358rwkw

GT-SS average ; 332rwkw

Taking cars that make more than 400rwhp, std stroke, bp98.

average power over;

110kmh

130kmh

150kmh

180kmh

GT-SS = 265rwkw

2530s = 284rwkw

-5's = 242rwkw

taking just 110kmh & 130kmh to indicate the 'reponse' and mid range

GT-SS = 218rwkw

2530s = 196rwkw

-5's = 174rwkw

Great Thread!.....ive been down this path, so here's what ive done to get similar power (im running 317awkw)..

r33rb26dett (unopened bottom end)

R34 N1's (-7's equilavent?)...no choice here as it came with my 2nd motor)

bosch 044 fuel pump (internal mount)

nismo 555cc injectors (running at 90% duty)

arc intake and cold air box

3" exhaust with aftermarket dump pipes

power fc Tune + boost tap

This is an extremely nice car to drive daily, and the response is awesome for the street!....im really happy with the tune..i need an EBC as boost dips off with my tap...

If i had a choice now though, i think i would go for -5's, as id like the bigger hit when it comes on boost as right now its extremely progressive...i dont mind the lag, and generally lag is 1st gear....

Your choice...either way 300+ is going to be fun to drive for you

good luck

Poor bloke just wanted the supporting mods..

As others have contributed. 700cc injectors , 044 fuel pump or drop in jap, ecu upgrade , clutch , requisite exhaust from turbo back (dumps / front pipe), 1 bar adjustable actuators. Some adjustable cam gears at the very least , my prefference is for cams but, being able to tune them well costs and not alot of tuners seem to know their way around with them.

On the turbo side here is some GTR data taking from the forum GTR owners, of which there are now a number running different turbos.

the GT-SS (-9's) are unbeatable under 350rwkw & 2530's / -5's over.

The data taken from the RB26 dyno results sticky for various turbos.

Peak power:

The average for the 2530's is; 388rwkw

The average for the GT-SS is; 335.4 rwkw

The average power made by the -5's is; 313rwkw

Of the same data the best power of the -5's was 388rwkw

Best of the 2530's was ; 451rwkw.

Best of the GT-SS was 364rwkw

Now if we are going purely of budget un-opened/ non-built motors maybe with just some drop in cams it looks like this;

-5's average ; 298rwkw

2530's average ; 358rwkw

GT-SS average ; 332rwkw

Taking cars that make more than 400rwhp, std stroke, bp98.

average power over;

110kmh

130kmh

150kmh

180kmh

GT-SS = 265rwkw

2530s = 284rwkw

-5's = 242rwkw

taking just 110kmh & 130kmh to indicate the 'reponse' and mid range

GT-SS = 218rwkw

2530s = 196rwkw

-5's = 174rwkw

great post!

Huge lol at how this thread became a turbo war.

People are happy with their -7s, people are happy with their -5s, people who have gone from having -7 to -5 are also more than happy.

Thanks to the people who have actually helped me out with answers related to the actual reason why the thread was started.

The data rev210 has put in is good but there is not enough, especially if the average for the -5 is only 313rwkw, misleading and conflicting to others opiniions, I thought they were only good for 380-400Kw, lol.

Huge lol at how this thread became a turbo war.

People are happy with their -7s, people are happy with their -5s, people who have gone from having -7 to -5 are also more than happy.

Thanks to the people who have actually helped me out with answers related to the actual reason why the thread was started.

:P

yeah confirmed that, -5's are not the GTRS's..... The equiv is between -10's and GTRS's which is a much larger turbo and should only be used on a built rb26 + !!

i stand corrected - yes it was the -10's that were the badest!

The data rev210 has put in is good but there is not enough, especially if the average for the -5 is only 313rwkw, misleading and conflicting to others opiniions, I thought they were only good for 380-400Kw, lol.

Averages are only as good as the data input into them.

My rb26 has -5 turbos but I choose to run it a 430rwhp. They are by no means maxed out.

Best thing to do is look at the turbo compressor maps & info available on the Garrett website.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...ech_center.html

It will make more sense thatn endless opinions about who likes which turbo best.

You may find the 707160-9 is very nicely matched to your application.......

Edited by djr81