SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

you would be lucky to get seats in a stand now, maybe on the back of the track.

we bought the four corners package this year, different stand each day, but we are in shoey stand on saturday and jones on sunday.

So they're sold out already?

Guess I should've looked into it sooner...Didn't think they'd be on sale so soon :P

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shit, dont take my word for it, you could probably get a seat, we had issues back in october, but it was due to the fact we were trying to get 7 seats together. the pit lane stands and turn 1&2 stands would be full. but best money you will spend. and those little GPS things you hire are great too.

So they're sold out already?

Guess I should've looked into it sooner...Didn't think they'd be on sale so soon :P

Intriguing. I've been almost every year in Melbourne, but never heard of them as I've only ever been a general admission peasant...

I'm on Ticketek as we speak looking into tickets :P

yeh you hire these little gps devices and they have a tv screen so you can watch the race, check lap times and splits, listen to team radio, go to incar camera on cars where they are fitted, all sorts of stuff.

we would wait to see who was pitting then switch that camera on and watch the stop from inside the car. it was awesome.

GPS things?

Who handles the tickets anyway? Ticketek from memory, may be ticket master though?

Brabham

Package

Sun - Brabham

Sat - Fangio

Fri - Schumacher

Thu - Clark

Fangio

Sun - Fangio

Sat - Clark

Fri - Brabham

Thu - Schumacher

Schumacher

Sun - Schumacher

Sat - Brabham

Fri - Clark

Thu - Fangio

Clark

Sun - Clark

Sat - Schumacher

Fri - Fangio

Thu - Brabham

Brabham Package is full to capacity Schumacher Package features Brabham Stand on the Saturday race day.

So of the 3 available, what would be people's preference? I'm trying to find a map of the track to see the stands

if you can get seats in fangio, jones or brabham you wont be dissapointed.

All 4 packages come up with 'The allocation for this event is now exhausted.'

Would be good if they stated that from the beginning rather than making me think I had a chance :P

Looks like its general admission again for me :)

Edit: It seems only the four corners ones are sold out...I can get a 4 day pass in pretty much all of the grandstands...Think I might go with Fangio

People don't like Louis Hamilton because he's brash and arrogant..but he's young and will mature as he gets older (although I can remember a couple of former world champions who were arrogant when they started their F1 Career)....

the jury is still out on the 2009 cars...just got to get use to them. With no more Honda, Super Aguri and potentially Toyota in 2010...Forumla 1 is going to be a small place...

According to reports the Mexican who is reported to buy the Honda F1 team has denied he's interested in buying the team and also Ross Brawn has debunked it as well....in another interview that Ross Brawn did, he said that he was in talks with Ferrari for engine supply. Ferrari confirm that they can supply engines to whoever buys the Honda F1 team...they just have to ask

Also rumor has that Button may go to Torro Rosso but I also read that Bernie Ecclestone thinks that Jenson Button should sit out the 2009 season and wait for a seat in one of the top teams than race for an uncompetitive team....gee's sometimes Bernie should shut up

Edited by BigDirtyJase

yeh you hire these little gps devices and they have a tv screen so you can watch the race, check lap times and splits, listen to team radio, go to incar camera on cars where they are fitted, all sorts of stuff.

we would wait to see who was pitting then switch that camera on and watch the stop from inside the car. it was awesome.

'

Kangaroo TV?

Im wondering how accurate/relavent those images are.. Ferrari is yet to unveil the f2009?

Not to mention there it alot more testing and development before race 1. Either way, it looks better than expected.

Also i doubt aus gp is sold out, im pretty sure they have never sold it out? Ive heard for years how its running at a loss because of poor attendance.

Edited by knore

Im wondering how accurate/relavent those images are.. Ferrari is yet to unveil the f2009?

Not to mention there it alot more testing and development before race 1. Either way, it looks better than expected.

Also i doubt aus gp is sold out, im pretty sure they have never sold it out? Ive heard for years how its running at a loss because of poor attendance.

It was unveiled last night. They're official images.

Also i kind of don't mind it. From dead side on, I think it looks good. Much more streamlined than the last cars. Front on though is a different story.

It's not sold out (grandstands), just the four corners packages are all gone...I can get a 4 day pass in any of the stands still, but it will be a 4 day pass in the same stand, as opposed to 1 day in each of the 4 stands in my previous post.

I'm thinking I'll go with the Fangio stand

It was unveiled last night. They're official images.

Also i kind of don't mind it. From dead side on, I think it looks good. Much more streamlined than the last cars. Front on though is a different story.

Thats because you can't see the ridiculous widths of the front and rear wings from side on :D

Well let's just see how they perform it may be better than 2008 time wise etc may be faster... Atleast it'll be more interesting with more over taking, btw it's called the f60 to celebrate ferrari's 60th year racing formula 1

Anyone know where hi res images of the F60 are?

Ones like this.. :)

I bet they have left a fair few parts off what we will see in Melb, Ferrari being Ferrari would never over expose itself too much considering they are the first to unveil.

Ide like to know what changes to track and chassis length etc if any?

post-7018-1231828041_thumb.jpg