2009 F1 Season

dezz

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me too, he is the best in f1. And if you dont agree, you didnt watch 2005-2006. Without doubt he isnt satisfied with 2 titles!

I really enjoyed watching nando fight for results in 08 because ide watched him fight for wins for 3 years straight. He said recently he wants another title way more than he wanted the first one against schumi.

And you can understand why ;)

09 spec is really growing on me, i just love the smooth curves everywhere. It doesnt look as agressive or technical, but the overall shape/contour is nice.

Im itching for some laptimes already!

Well he has sat around for a decade waiting for another championship win for mclaren remember.

Ive been trying to figure out which part(s) of the wing are adjustable by the driver? Surely it isnt an angle of the entire front wing?

Im beginning to think 09 will actually be faster with a properly used kers system and after they have had some time to do more development.

Ferrari said the car that lines up at melb will look ALOT different to their launch car.

Me too, he is the best in f1. And if you dont agree, you didnt watch 2005-2006. Without doubt he isnt satisfied with 2 titles!

I really enjoyed watching nando fight for results in 08 because ide watched him fight for wins for 3 years straight. He said recently he wants another title way more than he wanted the first one against schumi.

And you can understand why :angry:

09 spec is really growing on me, i just love the smooth curves everywhere. It doesnt look as agressive or technical, but the overall shape/contour is nice.

Im itching for some laptimes already!

Yer i have to agree the 09 spec is growing on me...When i first saw them i thought YUCK but now its getting there

Well he has sat around for a decade waiting for another championship win for mclaren remember.

Ive been trying to figure out which part(s) of the wing are adjustable by the driver? Surely it isnt an angle of the entire front wing?

Only the upper element of the wing is adjustable.

Though he's promised to come back and visit his friends in F1 (and his freedom bus pass is still on hold), Ron Dennis won't be at so many GPs in 2009. We will miss him for many reasons, but in particular these:

1. His replacement, Martin Whitmarsh, is too much like Nick Fry. The kind of interviews Fry gives after the race are virtually interchangeable with Whitmarsh's. Both have the air of enthusiastic scout masters keen to be positive about their troop - even when they've just put the minibus in the canal.

2. He's sometimes very funny when he loses.

3. Ronspeak. Nobody could do Ronspeak quite like Ron. McLaren have been big innovators in F1 over the years and one of Dennis's gifts to the sport is to refer to the car as "the package" and not "the car". He's also claimed the word "optimise" as his own. At the moment he's in love with the word "technologist".

4. The only person who's been working in the pitlane longer is probably the FIA's Herbie Blash who was working with Jochen Rindt back in 1968 at the same time as Ron was chief mechanic at Brabham. In a sport that clearly values its history, Ron has been there for a lot of it.

5. There's nobody quite so good at annoying Max Mosley. Jackie Stewart may land a few glancing blows every so often, but nobody gets under Max's skin like Ron. Apart from Miss X, Madame Cruelty and Her Royal Highness The Ginger Arse Flayer.

6. He's sometimes very funny when he wins. Especially that nodding-head, stick-your-neck-out motion.

7. He gave a drive to Nigel Mansell and Juan-Pablo Montoya when clearly neither of them fitted the "McLaren mould". Mansell didn't even fit the McLaren car. Actually, for that matter, Montoya was never going to be slimmer of the year.

8. Even after 40 years in the business he has no idea what a TV camera looks like. In post-race interviews you see him gazing way off to the horizon wondering where the camera's got to. Ron, it's right next to you, slap bang next to the guy with the microphone.

9. Who else on the grid is going to list their hobby as one of the dullest pastimes on earth. We all try and put something exotic on our CV. So whereas Flav names his hobbies (in Who Works in F1) as tennis and cruising, Frank Williams as foreign languages, Ron says he likes to "collect microscopes".

10. At the same time he has got a good sense of humour. In 1999 he was attending the charity Grand Prix Ball just before the Melbourne GP and there was the usual charity auction. Williams had put up the opportunity for the winner to look round their factory at Grove and then for the winner to be whisked by jet to look round the BMW factory in Munich. Dennis won it for $22,000 and said he'd send along Norbert Haug.

lol

Only the upper element of the wing is adjustable.

Well assuming the f60 has the motors and moving front wing part(s) in its launch photos.. Where is that?

Going off that photo, i would presume it was the small slice parts that have ETIHAD on them. Especially since this area of the front wing creates the most downforce.

post-7018-1232362318_thumb.jpg

Edited by knore

Woot anyone that kicks hamiltons ass is a plus, massa has been getting more tips from Schumacher so go massa, bring back shuey :'(

Bring back Nigel I say. The British Bulldog would slaughter Hambone! WDC + Indycar + Veterans League. Red 5 is unstoppable!

I honestly reckon, if they had to give the aerodynamics a hit, the rear and front wings should've been between last year's regs and this years. That way, they still would have achieved the desired result of less rear and more front downforce, however, the cars would not look like some f*ckugly sh*tstain lucifer himself rejected from the depths of hell.. The cars look way too 'front-heavy'... I agree with Kubi, first corner incidents are going to increase next year, if I owned a house, I'd bet on it....

However, I do agree the side on shots are really impressive, the cars have now re-acquired their clean, smooth and aggressive lines they had in years gone by.. Plus, those slicks = H0T!

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

not a big fan of the renault :blink::P

I dont mind it. Its retro!

It reminds me of old renault/benetton etc with the straight flat colours.

Renault are strong when they are given a new sheet to work with, im eager to see their pace in Melb.

The R29 front is completely different to the others so far :blink:

post-7018-1232377705_thumb.jpg

post-7018-1232377735_thumb.jpg