SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

But for the record i am a fan of Alonso, Kimi, Webber & Kubica :(

No body has spoken of this USF1 news? I like the idea, but i think they underestimate how difficult it is to just start a team in modern f1 and be competitive.

1) You gotta throw Vettel in there, he is definately the next up and coming Schumacher! He's even German! "Deuschland Deuschland Über Alles!!" :D

2) Yeah I agree, another team int he sport wouldn't hurt, especially an American team, bring back the Candian and US GP's I reckon, more important, significant and traditional that New Dehli or Moscow! I hope they can survive and be competative..

We need a Stoddart/Walkinshaw/Jordan superteam! :O

Also, I hope Honda come back into F1, some day, having 2 Jap manufacturers I think is great for the sport, and a great thing for the Japanese auto industry.. F1 must be the finest show-case for Japanese engineering and technology, often overlooked in many overseas markets! :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i cant see honda dissapearing completely, they have invested so much money. Its a bargain if someone buys it!

Even with these rule changes, it isnt any easier for new manufacturers to join. Thats mostly why porsche has never joined. Their brand cant be seen to lose.

I forgot about vettel, i like him for similar reasons to kimi. He doesnt really fit F1, yet he is really good at it.

Yar, it's a shame Williams seem to have become a bunch of also-rans in the last 10 years or so. Just goes to show you how tough it is at the pointy end of competition. Would be good to see them find some form in the coming years, given their F1 racing pedigree.

Sadly, I think this year is going to be tough on Williams. Worse than the last couple of years infact. They have gone out on a limb with the KERS they have chosen & also gone with a short wheel base car which will inevitably compromise their aerodynamics - albeit with better weight distribution which ties back into the oddball KERS they will be using). Their major sponsor just posted a record loss & I can't see them keeping Rosberg for too much longer. Not much light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyway, hope I am wrong.

Edited by djr81

1) You gotta throw Vettel in there, he is definately the next up and coming Schumacher! He's even German! "Deuschland Deuschland Über Alles!!" :wacko:

Forget that. If Honda can sell their F1 team we will get to find out if Senna is next, um, Senna. I am still curious to see if Rosberg is the next Rosberg, Nakajima the next Nakajima & Piquet the next Piquet.

2) Yeah I agree, another team int he sport wouldn't hurt, especially an American team, bring back the Candian and US GP's I reckon, more important, significant and traditional that New Dehli or Moscow! I hope they can survive and be competative..

We need a Stoddart/Walkinshaw/Jordan superteam! :P

America does not have any real tradition of F1 teams. Maybe Dan Gurney's Eagles & the Shadow team at a stretch. Beyond that there really isn't anything.

Also, I hope Honda come back into F1, some day, having 2 Jap manufacturers I think is great for the sport, and a great thing for the Japanese auto industry.. F1 must be the finest show-case for Japanese engineering and technology, often overlooked in many overseas markets! :)

Given Honda's new found eco/green/tree hugging engineering emphasis I cant see them returning to F1 any time soon. Which is a shame. Williams Honda, anyone? On the upside atleast they will be producing some interesting cars - more so than Toyota anyway. Shame about the NSX.

Buried in the history books are two little factoids.

1: When Jack Brabham was looking for a production engine block for what became the Repco F1 engine he we to Japan to meet with a little company called Prince.....

2: HKS once made a prototype F1 motor in the 80's/90's. Needless to say it didn't go anywhere.

Forget that. If Honda can sell their F1 team we will get to find out if Senna is next, um, Senna. I am still curious to see if Rosberg is the next Rosberg, Nakajima the next Nakajima & Piquet the next Piquet.

So as in you hope Bruno will be the next Ayrton?? :wacko:

Yes, I also think Nico is the next Keke... As for Piquet and Nakajima... Well, I'd rather have had Ralf S and Jos V in F1 for a few more years... Meh..

America does not have any real tradition of F1 teams. Maybe Dan Gurney's Eagles & the Shadow team at a stretch. Beyond that there really isn't anything.

Which is more than you can say for either India (Although they've got Force India now), Russia (CCCP) and South Korea...

God I hope Daewoo or Hyundai don't ever come into F1, a blade might come into contact with my wrists.. :P

Which is more than you can say for either India (Although they've got Force India now), Russia (CCCP) and South Korea...

God I hope Daewoo or Hyundai don't ever come into F1, a blade might come into contact with my wrists.. :wacko:

In terms of constructors/suppliers I take the viewpoint of good on anyone who wants to have a go. Doesn't matter where they come from. If you think about it F1 really have historically largely been restricted to France/England/Italy for chassis & to that list you could add Japan for motors. I mean, Spain didn't give a rats for F1 until Alonso turned up. Germany had nothing post war other than BMW & Mercedes engine efforts & maybe Zakspeed. Even then Mercedes motors were Ilmors anyway. I guess you have to add Toyota to the German contribution now too.

By the way do you realise they used to run a GP in North Africa - Morocco to be exact?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan_Grand_Prix

Yup, 1958 iirc!

Well they used to race in Sweden, Netherlands, South Africa and Argentina as well, and from what I read they also used to produce fantastic racing...

Didn't Auto Union dabble into motorsport??? Or was that Interwar Merc vs Auto Union???

Yup, 1958 iirc!

Well they used to race in Sweden, Netherlands, South Africa and Argentina as well, and from what I read they also used to produce fantastic racing...

Didn't Auto Union dabble into motorsport??? Or was that Interwar Merc vs Auto Union???

All of which goes to prove the point that GP racing has ranged far & wide & there isn't much point being too precious about wherever they may turn up next. I mean some of the places they have been too were just incomprehensible. How about a car park in Las Vegas?

Auto Union did more than just dabble. But that was pre-war. They are now basically Audi. All swing axles, leaf suspension & massive horsepower. How any one survived is beyond my understanding.

Would be good to see Mexico back on the calender though...

Yeah I see what you mean though, but IMO, Spa, Monza and the British, German and French GP should never EVER be comprimised... THAT is history, it should be untouched...

Hey, anyone that is a Vettel fan, I suggest you pick up this months edition of F1 Magazine!

Great interview with SB Vettel and another great one with Gerhard Berger.. I don't read F1 MAG much these days, but I suggest that you guys should all have a gander in your local newsagents! :(

Remember it is the Feb issue, so be quick!

Sebastian_Vettel_F1.jpg

svet300909.jpg

vettel3.jpg

Until i see an official release from the Team formerly Known as Honda then i doubt they will be anywhere this year. Every millionaire is getting some free air time by throwing his name in the ring

Then , even inf the management buyout is successful, i have better budget for running my GTSt at a few track days this year. They have done no testing. So i cant see how Senna can give us any real impression when the team is a mongrel with fleas that shoudl simply be shot. I am sure Brawn , Button and Fry etc are going to love another season at th eback of the grid, especially if its their own money going down the shitter :)

..yeh i would love the feeling i would be banging absolute honeys for a few months!

haha you wouldnt need to, they'd be banging you!

Only 25 days to go, whoever is going to be there better post updates regularly with pics! :devil:

no probs, ill give you some updates from bar20.

haha you wouldnt need to, they'd be banging you!

Only 25 days to go, whoever is going to be there better post updates regularly with pics! :laugh: