SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

dezz....thats why I said "Would've thought that the stewards (and some race teams!) learnt their lesson "

:(

And if what has been stated in that quote is correct and Hamo was under instruction from the team to let Trulli past, I wouldn't be calling Hamo an ass but rather who ever made that call.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dezz....thats why I said "Would've thought that the stewards (and some race teams!) learnt their lesson "

:(

And if what has been stated in that quote is correct and Hamo was under instruction from the team to let Trulli past, I wouldn't be calling Hamo an ass but rather who ever made that call.

My mistake, I must've skimmed past the brackets after reading the first part thinking you were just another one eyed Louise fan :)

all i can say is sucked in louise you deserve it.... hope your car is sh*t all season

watching live timing now for prac 1 doesn't look to good for reano wish they would put a good car together for alonso so he can sure his raw talent again watchin him scramble for points is gay

Is there still a link to watch practice live in streaming?!

Post up if there is!

f**king channel 'one', what a joke. Got all hyped up about being a sport channel, yet they dont play practice and have just as many commercials as channel 10. :)

Hoping for dry race, we need a few clean races to see where everyone is and give the teams some good info to work with.

Not suprised by lewis' disqualification. He has always been a dog. I think after he started dissing his world champion team mate after only 4 races in F1 it showed that clearly.

Alonso even leaked that he helped lewis massively preseason, then soon as race 1 came around, he wouldnt even shake his hand.

Notice he has no friends and his gf is that dumb girl from the pussycat dolls lol they suit each other perfectly :(

He's so easy to hate lol

Im pissed that practice is on right now but i cant watch it :)

Williams + Brawn fast again in the first session in Malaysia. Ferrari weren't too far off the pace either and could have probably gone fastest as Kimi was on a flyer when he had smoke (could have been the fire extinguisher?) streaming from his cockpit.......

He's so easy to hate lol

and getting much harder for his fans to defend - that's a pretty low act. won't have won him any friends in the paddock either. outright lying to shaft a fellow driver. and after all toyota did for him last year! lol

You have to ask why McLaren instructed Lewis to let jarno past. Why?

Whitmarsh said the team would not appeal but insisted Hamilton did nothing wrong.

"Obviously we are disappointed by what happened,'' he said. "Lewis didn't do anything abnormal and it was clear Trulli shouldn't have passed him. But we have to accept the decision.''

He said there was no question of Hamilton lying.

"There is no implication that Lewis lied to the stewards. I don't know what they meant, but I understand there was a belief the team was not explicit enough about the radio conversation,'' he said.

"What they believe is that the omission of the information about the radio communication between the team was withheld and that is misleading.

Well they said to the stewards "No, there was no instruction, and no, we didn't intentionally let Jarno through."

Radio trasmission acquired by post-race stewards states, "Lewis, let the Toyota past NOW"..

Pretty bloody blatant to me, not much for Ferrari International Assistance there... Just old fashion dishonesty on McLaren's part... Just when I gained a grain of respect for Lewis scoring a podium from dead last... What an ass...

+1

they lie, evident showed they lie. game-over

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9115.html

Full statement from the FIA:

PENALTY IMPOSED ON DRIVER NO 1 LEWIS HAMILTON AND COMPETITOR VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES

SUMMARY OF KEY CONSIDERATIONS

During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake. Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given. The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so

Edited by hrd-hr30

Is there still a link to watch practice live in streaming?!

Post up if there is!

f**king channel 'one', what a joke. Got all hyped up about being a sport channel, yet they dont play practice and have just as many commercials as channel 10. :P

Hoping for dry race, we need a few clean races to see where everyone is and give the teams some good info to work with.

Not suprised by lewis' disqualification. He has always been a dog. I think after he started dissing his world champion team mate after only 4 races in F1 it showed that clearly.

Alonso even leaked that he helped lewis massively preseason, then soon as race 1 came around, he wouldnt even shake his hand.

Notice he has no friends and his gf is that dumb girl from the pussycat dolls lol they suit each other perfectly :ermm:

He's so easy to hate lol

Im pissed that practice is on right now but i cant watch it :D

only live timing on formula one official site http://www.formula1.com/ f1 sign up 4 live timing get in lke less that 5min

underground racing do they have live streaming can ya just sign up or do ya need an invite? keen as for some live streaming as one is shit i was hoping for today to watch it on it but nothing.... sav man can i get an invite pleaz u need invite

Edited by jager

Sounds like there has been a profound lack of understanding between McLaren & the stewards.

if by profound lack of understanding you mean LH and McLaren lied to them to screw over another driver/team, then yeah... profound lack of understanding! lol

Well i'll say from the outset i'm a Lewis Hamilton fan but not one eyed fan. Did he deserve to be DQ'd, personally I don't think so, the team should have been fined and stripped of constructors points but the don't know about the driver.

The Radio Trascripts from www.f1.com

Team: OK Lewis, you should need to make sure your delta is positive over the safety car line. After the safety car line the delta doesn’t matter but no overtaking. No overtaking.

Lewis Hamilton: The Toyota went off in a line at the second corner, ..., is this OK?

Team: Understood, Lewis. We’ll confirm and get back to you.

LH: He was off the track. He went wide.

Team: Lewis, you need to allow the Toyota through. Allow the Toyota through now.

LH: OK.

LH: He’s slowed right down in front of me.

Team: OK, Lewis. Stay ahead for the time being. Stay ahead. We will get back to you. We are talking to Charlie.

LH: I let him past already.

Team: OK, Lewis. That’s fine. That’s fine. Hold position. Hold position.

LH: Tell Charlie I already overtook him. I just let him past.

Team: I understand Lewis. We are checking. Now can we go to yellow G 5, yellow Golf 5.

LH: I don’t have to let him past I should be able to take that position back, if he made a mistake.

Team: Yes, we understand Lewis. Let’s just do it by the book. We are asking Charlie now. You are in P4. If you hold this position. Just keep it together.

Team: OK Lewis, your KERS is full, your KERS is full. Just be aware. You can go back to black F2, black Foxtrott 2.

LH: Any news from Charlie whether I can take it back or not.

Team: Still waiting on a response Lewis, still waiting.

Team: Lewis, work on your brakes please. Front brakes are cold.

Team: If we are able to use one KERS that would be good. If you deploy KERS please do so now.

Team: OK, Lewis, this is the last lap of the race. At the end of the lap the safety car will come in, you just proceed over the line without overtaking, without overtaking. We are looking into the Trulli thing, but just hold position.

So from reading that, Trull has run wide and off track, told the team, what's happened, let truilli pass before the team orders him to do, then tells him to stay ahead not knowing that Lewis has let Jano pass and then the team tries to seek clarification from the Race Director (Charlie Whiting) which in the chaos of the closing moments never gets the clarification and finishes fourth.

But who knows what was said in the first stewards meeting and the stewards never had the radio transmissions and media interviews until tuesday.

For me, what's done is done. I'm happy that Jano finished 3rd and means Glock finshes 4th. so the two lower teams that struggled last year finished in the top 4.

I said that this year will be a crazy season and it living up to it (even though the season is 1 race old)

Edited by BigDirtyJase

For me, what's done is done.

It may not be done:

0614: BREAKING NEWS FROM SEPANG: McLaren sporting director Dave Ryan - who accompanied Lewis Hamilton to the fateful stewards' meeting in Australia - has been seen leaving the track with packed bags. Subsequently there is speculation that he has left the team after more than 30 years' service. Communications director Matt Bishop told BBC Sport the team were "not confirming anything at the moment" but added that McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh would hold a news conference later on Friday.