SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

Yes BMW are popular, I know guys who bought Williams F1 jackets because of the BMW logos on them.

Interesting news in regards to the FIA's proposed $GBP30m budget caps. Looks like Aston MArtin and Lola are looking into joining the F1 ranks.....

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh man I hate the arrogance of a team that think they are more important than the sport. the sooner ferrari go broke again and drop out the better.

the only thing worse than a team thinking they own the sport is a single person who does (whether nazi or owner of a bad haircut).

oh man I hate the arrogance of a team that think they are more important than the sport. the sooner ferrari go broke again and drop out the better.

the only thing worse than a team thinking they own the sport is a single person who does (whether nazi or owner of a bad haircut).

When did Ferrari say they were more important than the sport?

"Ferrari go broke and drop out of the sport"..... what sort of effect do you think that's going to have on spectator and television audiences globally? What would happen to V8 Supercar racing if Ford or Holden went broke and dropped out?

Edited by TALBO

Interesting news in regards to the FIA's proposed $GBP30m budget caps. Looks like Aston MArtin and Lola are looking into joining the F1 ranks.....

you can't run an F1 team on 30 million pounds sterling a year >_<

There's a little difference between not being in F1 and being in F1 and not winning......

If you go to any GP anywhere in the world you will see more Ferrari flags and supporters than probably all other teams combined and I'd say McLaren would be easily the 2nd most supported F1 team. I think if Ferrari and McLaren were to pull out of F1, it would cripple F1 from a spectator point of view and probably also take the 'pinnacle' out of the sport. Some history and tradition cannot be f**ked with.... :banana:

With all due respect that is a pile of rubbish. Formula One over the years has lost many names just as "important" as Ferrari and McLaren are supposed to be now. Like Alfa Romeo, Mercedes Benz, Lotus, Brabham, Tyrrell, Renault (at various times), Honda (a few times now), Porsche to name but a few.

In any case I would liken a large proportion of Ferrari fans (Not you) as being the same as Man U fans or HRT fans. In other words they understand little to nothing of the sport anyway, it is just that supporting that team usually takes less effort & attention than others. Which they need for breathing.

Every year i have been to the Au F1 GP the RBR stuff on sale is a bit ordinary. Likewise in Malaysia, no RBR stores. I bought a few shirts and a hat recently off their online store.

The big teams up the front all sell massively more merchandise than those in the mid pack & on the rear o the grid. I mean, how much merch do you reckon Team India or Toyota sell?

The jacket count in the stands really only ever tells you how successful a team has been in the last few years. By way of an analogy every other muppet around home used to wear Essendon jumpers - now (thankfully) you don't see any. Bit like HRT jackets. Next year expect to see every other muppet in a Brawn jacket.

So, Roy, seeing as how you are an expect - how do I get my hands on a Delhi Daredevils jersey???? :bunny:

With all due respect that is a pile of rubbish. Formula One over the years has lost many names just as "important" as Ferrari and McLaren are supposed to be now. Like Alfa Romeo, Mercedes Benz, Lotus, Brabham, Tyrrell, Renault (at various times), Honda (a few times now), Porsche to name but a few.

In any case I would liken a large proportion of Ferrari fans (Not you) as being the same as Man U fans or HRT fans. In other words they understand little to nothing of the sport anyway, it is just that supporting that team usually takes less effort & attention than others. Which they need for breathing.

With all due respect, you're entitled to your opinion but frankly you might be underestimating the prestige, history and passion that is Ferrari. IMHO comparing Ferrari to the likes of Alfa, Mercedes, Lotus, Brabham, Tyrrell, Renault, Honda and even Porsche is naive especially so in motorsport.

Yes, there are a large proportion of Ferrari fans who you'd put in that Man U/HRT category, but then there's those that appreciate what Ferrari really is and even more so their role in F1.

I also understand that there would be a large proportion of people who would agree with you, that I wrote a 'pile of rubbish'.... but then there would be a much much larger proportion of Europeans (not just Italians) that would agree with me. If I can make a generalization..... F1 fans in Australia/ASIA (-Japan)/USA don't really understand the sport or the history like Europeans. And before the flamage begins, I do understand that yes there are many Australians ect ect that do understand.

As they say.... each to their own :banana:

With all due respect, you're entitled to your opinion but frankly you might be underestimating the prestige, history and passion that is Ferrari. IMHO comparing Ferrari to the likes of Alfa, Mercedes, Lotus, Brabham, Tyrrell, Renault, Honda and even Porsche is naive especially so in motorsport.

Yes, there are a large proportion of Ferrari fans who you'd put in that Man U/HRT category, but then there's those that appreciate what Ferrari really is and even more so their role in F1.

I also understand that there would be a large proportion of people who would agree with you, that I wrote a 'pile of rubbish'.... but then there would be a much much larger proportion of Europeans (not just Italians) that would agree with me. If I can make a generalization..... F1 fans in Australia/ASIA (-Japan)/USA don't really understand the sport or the history like Europeans. And before the flamage begins, I do understand that yes there are many Australians ect ect that do understand.

As they say.... each to their own :banana:

I think the point he was trying to make, is that a decent proportion of Fezza fans acctually know very little about the sport and are 'once a year' fans. Psudo fans if you will.

The HRT example was a good one. Collingwood is another. They just seem to have a large toothless and ignorant fan base that the rest of the competition dislike. Most one eyed uneducated idiots will tel you its jealousy, but i disagree. Sure they've won a lot of premiships and have a colourful history, but unless you support them, you really cant stand the sight of them. Its almost a mirror for ferrari.

You cant shake that kind of image unfortunately, which is sad, because nobody like to folow a sport where bogans and the poor are allowed to yell and scream and ruin it for the rest of us.

Edited by ctjet

So, Roy, seeing as how you are an expect - how do I get my hands on a Delhi Daredevils jersey???? :banana:

LOL, tell me the size you are after and i will grab you one :bunny: I am getting a Deccan Chargers jersey so just let me know on the email :bunny:

Good call lets turn the F1 thread into a group buy for IPL gear. :banana:

On the other subject (not that anyone cares any more now that T20 is here) Ferraris history in F1 is no more compelling than, say, Lotus' history, or Porsche in endurance racing or even Subaru in rallying. The sport is larger than any one team.

Hell I remember a time when HRT didn't even bother doing a complete season of SATCC - ahhh, happy days. :bunny: Equally there was a time when Ferrari habitually missed F1 races.

Tifosi: Italian for bogan.

So is it Collingwood, Man U, Ferrari, HRT then?

Look, like any group of people there are the good, bad & the ugly. The hard core & the casual. I just don't agree with the implication that because there are a disproportionate number of casual Ferrari fans that the team should be regarded as anything special.

Yes it has a long history & that should be respected. But remember much of that history was ugly - marked by dodgy dealings & death. Not unlike that of, say, Lotus.

Edited by djr81

I have to agree with djr81, having ferrari leave F1 will not be the end of the world for F1. It wouldn't be the greatest thing in the world but it will not end f1.

Remember there was a time when ferrari completely sucked at f1.

however i think ur understand of tifosi is incorrect hehe =p

Well I think there are various types of Tifosi...

You get the one-eyed cocks that understand zilch about F1, but follow Ferrari because they are either stupid wogs that don't know better or can't be rooted supporting anyone else. There are those that have a vauge understanding of F1 history, that begins in roughly 2000, never bothering to look back past beyond the Schumacher years, many wouldn't have the first clue that he also drove for Benneton or Jordan. Some that are very knowledgable about F1, but like the Collingwood supporter, will always hiss and cruse when the FIA go against them (Which is rare these days) and bag everyone else for being either crap, cheaters or just plain incompetant.

People like me and TALBOT and many others on here that are passionate Ferrari fans, but see that the sport is bigger than just 1 team, we are the sorta people that are chuffed to see Webz get the podium, or are quick to congradulate the very fast and young Vettel on a fantastic win. We are the type that got blotto when Webz got 5th for Minardi in 2002 and where upset when Mika Hakkinen retired, also, fuming when such things like Monza 2006 occur, even though it is a penalty that goes Ferrari's way, it is not in the spirit of the sport...

You could also throw the Freo dockers into that category... Description = Toothless bogan surfers, retired wharfies and woolies night fillers that are obviously communist. People that can manage only plaing gituar, smoking weed and/or surfing without bursting a brain ventricle, they take two weeks to spell their names backwards. They also cull West Coast supprorters in the night, and spike their drinks... :)