2009 F1 Season

dezz

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've always liked Webber, until this year when I tipped Vettel to show him a clean pair of heels pretty much everywhere. Now all of a sudden Webber has been far more consistent than ever before. bastard...

Vettel had a shocker on the soft tyres. Far more trouble than anyone else had on them, and never had any pace despite being light. He obviously isn't gentle on tyres, or had a pretty ordinary setup, or both. But the season is only young and I still think Vettel will continue to out-qualify and return to out-racing Mark before too long. Monaco is a bit of an anomaly ni the F1 calendar.

Liked seeing the Ferraris back amongst it. And watching the battle between the Brawns after Barichello's comments in the media in the leadup to Monaco.

Edited by hrd-hr30

So many Webber lovers in here! Mark wasn't exactly consisitent from lap to lap in the period he did his PB.

Just sayin'...

And what's wrong with supporting your country's representative in F1? I'm guessing alot of forum members here are Australian, hence the support for Mark Webber.

No nothing wrong with it. I don't support him and never will because of how un-australian he behaved in Monaco 2006. To each their own however.... :D

No nothing wrong with it. I don't support him and never will because of how un-australian he behaved in Monaco 2006. To each their own however.... :D

Man, Williams/Cosworth and the flag marshalls all got off light in that race. The car fails, the flaggies fail to show the blue flag....typical Webber stuff, the car was quick( but fragile) and he was driving well but everything went against him when he was on for a solid 3rd and very easily better.

As for his laps being inconsistant? I was watching them too and he was between 4.5-3.5 seconds behnd Massa for the whole second stint as they both rolled up towards the bumper of Kimi. They would both punch hard for 3 laps then drop off half a second to high 1:15s, i assume because tyre wear/conservation.

He was good, he was hopeless on the out lap on the softer tyres and for the first few laps, but perhaps the patience he showed in the early laps on those tyres was the reason over the last few laps he was again one of the quickest cars on the track...that and the Ferraris backed off .

brus that was 3 seasons ago...........

So many Webber lovers in here! Mark wasn't exactly consisitent from lap to lap in the period he did his PB.

Just sayin'...

ummm,

lapped traffic was the reason for the variability in the lap times during that period.

raikkonen, massa and webber were all showing fluctuations in their times within lap or so of each other.

in any event the top five were deserving of their finishing places with all showing similar consistent race pace.

compared to previous seasons we were treated to many different teams being within tenths of seconds rather than seconds.

nando put down some good individual lap times but clearly didn't have the overall pace of the cars in front.

LOL, at the moment its still the closest he has come to looking like he had the speed to win a GP. Japan in the rain was a possibility but the race was so variable...Monaco is still the race i pine over :)

But yes, i am a fan of RBR and Webber. Never rated the guy, back in the day i was a DC and Quick Nick fan. When Nick signed for Williams i was stoked. What happened that season of racing changed my mind about Webber! Subsequent seasons i have continued to like the guy... he isnt the quickest guy out there, but i think he is showing that he is perhaps one of the best 6drivers on the grid.

Cant wait to see how he goes over the next few races. If RBR go well in the sphincter of the universe i am off to Silverstone ... ticket prices are scary but i can get airfare and accom real cheap. LOL i will e trackside for Webz first win :P Dirty the rain fell as hard as it did in Malaysia, based on the how the RBR uses its tyres in the wet it would have been a great race between Glock and Webz for the win :P

$250,000 a week to rent that apparently...Not sure if they meant Flava flav is renting it out for himself, or that he rents it out to others at that price...Anyone know? That thing is MASSIVE.

forceblue01.jpg

Vijay has the biggest in the Marina though...

prodrive have registered for 2010, that makes the stakes interesting because they have already publically commented that the proposed cap is much higher than they were initially expecting.

so mosley can either say "f.. you" to ferrari and impose a cap and we have an F1 with no ferrari and prodrive, or he can shit all over the newcomer.

if anyone wants me i'll be in the corner with my popcorn, watching this drama unfold :thumbsup: