SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

'Ferrari to confirm Alonso at Monza'

Tuesday 30th June 2009

Ferrari will reportedly confirm the signing of Fernando Alonso at their home race, the Italian Grand Prix.

Rumours of his pending move to Ferrari have dogged Alonso for the past three years, however, instead of joining the Italian marque he spent the 2007 season at McLaren before returning to Renault.

But his days at Renault are reportedly numbered.

Spanish daily Diario AS is claiming that on the Friday of the Italian Grand Prix, Ferrari will confirm that Alonso will be joining them next season, having signed a five-year contract.

It is not known, though, whether he'll be replacing Kimi Raikkonen or Felipe Massa, who have both had a trying start to this year's campaign.

But whoever stays, his days too could be numbered as AS speculates that Ferrari are also interested in signing Sebastian Vettel for the 2011 season.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5407349,00.html

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL, its always the Spanish papers. :huh:

Dirty that once again my plans of going to a GP are bein rail roaded but other people not doing their jobs :D LOL i used to think Snr Management meant shitting on ppl from great heights and jsut makign sure its there problem and not yours. Sad when you cant sack people and hire the people you want...the problems all becme yours. Its ok though, my visa expires soon which means i have to leave and will jam some motorsport into that time :blink:

So i read the weather predictions for this weekend and see that it is going to be cool. So i start to get excited because RBR seem stronger in the cooler conditions then Brawn. So i jump onto some F1 websites looking forward to a weekend of racing....only to find the FIA have farked F1 in the ass again.

Telling FOTA teams they are not officially entered into the 2010 season so they had no say re rules ad regs for next season, so they walked....and all of a sudden its battle stations again. This is killing F1 and i hate the FIA more then ever! :thumbsup:

looks like Mosley is jerking everyone around until there's not enough time left to organise a breakaway for next year.

I hope FOTA continue to put plans into action and then tell the FIA to go f**k itself.

Yehm more then ever, come on FOTA ... WALK! I will bring the stereo and play the Pantera song, it will suit the situation when all FOTA teams walk away from this years season to prepare for next year's series.

Fark FIA and Bernie, i will take 6 months of mess if it means the series gets better management and brings back to bext venues, not the ones paying Bernie crazy sums of money.

General thinking and support of fans, sponsors and track owners and therefore TV will be with FOTA...so WALK!

See Button is playing games backing Webber as the better driver this weekend :banana:

Ah Button, he cant be getting defensive about hsi points lead already. Mind you cold wet weekend, so perhaps he already knows that the RBR will dominate :rofl:

Go hamilton!!!

Not long now untill i go to the Singapore GP night race, ive got turn 1 grandstand tickets for the full 3 days. Ive never been OS so cant wait :blush:

Awesome. What date is it? I am in and out of Singapore and have free accom there. What are the tickets worth? Just stay away from the Four Floors and you will have a great trip :)

I was meant to be in Germany for this weekend, but again my leave was d1cked by project delays. So flogged off the GBP415 ticket to my mate from the UK who was going to meet me there...but have other plans now :cool: But still need to ensure that i do my 3 GPs in 2009 promise. Asian GPs are far cheaper then European GPs