SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

That's what my problem with it was, he made contact with Rubens

actually, rubens made contact with webber...

webber was infront and did not have any steering lock at the time of impact, rubens failed to take action to avoid running into webber from a rear angle

rubens only took sudden action at the time of impact, which actually made the incident look worse than it was

Edited by Cerbera

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remember boys rubbing is racing, do you think they should just give in because the other car is near them.

Thats why they get paid millions to drive these cars, its a dangerous job, the teams spend hundreds of millions of dollars

developing these cars for hundreds of a secound off a lap time, but if the driver just gives in and lets another car pass

them, all that money spent was in vain.Driving a F1 car is hard the better and toughter a driver car be the faster he is on race day.As they say, last lap betterstick it up the inside into that corner and win or walk back holding your helmet from the the san trap or wall.

actually, rubens made contact with webber...

webber was infront and did not have any steering lock at the time of impact, rubens failed to take action to avoid running into webber from a rear angle

rubens only took sudden action at the time of impact, which actually made the incident look worse than it was

Maybe you need to go back over my other posts in regards to the incident....

accidently running into the back of someone, however hamfisted that accident actually was, is a totally different scenario than swerving into car that is already alongside you on a straight. You're allowed to block once - you aren't allowed to ram someone overtaking you.

It looked like Hamilton cooked it though. I don't think he could've stopped safely in time. He'd have needed a handbrake to make the corner at that speed with cold tyres.

It's funny though, for the last three races, Hamilton has been saying that the car's inferior, that he got everything out of it he could, yet in all those races, Heiki kicked his arse. So by Hamiltons logic, he got everything he could out of the car, Heiki beat him in the same car, therefore Heiki is the superior driver?

Not true of course, but it's about time Lewis stopped blaming the car when things are bad, and writing books about how great he is when they are good.

He did qualify and start well though, I'll give him that.

And regarding the drive through: Over-reactions aside, Reubens was in webber's blind spot. His mirrors don't cover someone on your 45, he moved sharply, as many do on the start, that Reubens was there was unlucky for both of them.

Was a penalty legal? Yes. All contact can be penalised. Yet in similiar incidents, or even worse incidents, the FIA has done nothing.

Personally, I'd prefer that the drivers are allowed to race, as long as no one is unfairly hampered by racing contact. Reubens was fine, and moved ahead of Mark, so he was in no way disadvantaged. No shredded carbon fibre, just a bit of a tap, in my opinion. If he had of leaned right into reubens and bumped him onto the dirt, well that's a penalty or a black flag any day of the week.

If they are consistent and penalise that sort of thing every race, then fair cop. Otherwise it's going to become a farce.

Almost makes me hope the breakaway will also break away from FIA.

Whatever the controversy over the start incident he still managed to win by over 10 seconds and after 8 years of hard luck in f1 its great to see webber get some reward for his efforts

And regarding the drive through: Over-reactions aside, Reubens was in webber's blind spot. His mirrors don't cover someone on your 45, he moved sharply, as many do on the start, that Reubens was there was unlucky for both of them.

Was a penalty legal? Yes. All contact can be penalised. Yet in similiar incidents, or even worse incidents, the FIA has done nothing.

Personally, I'd prefer that the drivers are allowed to race, as long as no one is unfairly hampered by racing contact. Reubens was fine, and moved ahead of Mark, so he was in no way disadvantaged. No shredded carbon fibre, just a bit of a tap, in my opinion. If he had of leaned right into reubens and bumped him onto the dirt, well that's a penalty or a black flag any day of the week.

If they are consistent and penalise that sort of thing every race, then fair cop. Otherwise it's going to become a farce.

Almost makes me hope the breakaway will also break away from FIA.

Weber ran Massa (IIRC) over the pit line and 2 wheels onto the grass in a previous start this season and got no penalty. He's got a habit of over-agressive "blocking", but blocking is done while you still have the lead - mark still does it when there is an overlap. This is the way he drives. Its not just an one off incident.

Rubens had him already. Weber didn't loose the spot because of the incident, it was as good as lost already. Weber's side pod into Ruben's front wheel - he was already done for. Whether he was disadvantaged or not is irrelevant. you cannot go around swerving into other cars that are alongside you.

Weber said in the post race interview that he didn't get a great start and didn't know where Rubens was. If you don't know where the other cars are, don't go darting around blindly. simple. blindy swerving around is just dangerous. If you don't get a great start, get across straight away as most drivers do before the other cars establish an overlap.

Well said. Schumacher was the one who started all the swerving off the startline to push others out of the way. It has only got worse since. Hopefully Webber will learn from this & not do it again.

Whatever the controversy over the start incident he still managed to win by over 10 seconds and after 8 years of hard luck in f1 its great to see webber get some reward for his efforts

yeah that's the truth. I still personally think the penalty was un-warranted and inconsistent but in the end all it did was reduce his win from an absolute spanking (he would have been near half a lap up) to a decent spanking.

and I do agree that he should play by the rules but honestly who the fk knows what they are? cause one week you'll get done for a certain move, and at the next race someone will pull it on you and get away with it and you'll think. wtf?!?

yeah that's the truth. I still personally think the penalty was un-warranted and inconsistent but in the end all it did was reduce his win from an absolute spanking (he would have been near half a lap up) to a decent spanking.

and I do agree that he should play by the rules but honestly who the fk knows what they are? cause one week you'll get done for a certain move, and at the next race someone will pull it on you and get away with it and you'll think. wtf?!?

The good thing about Webber is he doesn't carry on like a bitching school girl when someone else does it to him. He is an (overly) aggressive driver at times but to give him his due, when someone else does it to him he just gets on with it.

As for the rules - it is F1 - the rules are whatever they make up this week.

Just went to down to the news agent. Usually they have a half a dozen or so copies of Auto Fiction. This week there are atleast two dozen. I reckon someone thinks there may be a Webber induced sales bump. ;)

I agree. Don't get me wrong, there are racing accidents and these are always going to be a part of any motorsports. I (me) don't think you can compare what Mark did by deliberately moving across on RB as in the same category as clashes of wheels and pods when drivers are vying for position.

"deliberately moving across on RB" eh, see thats an assumption on your part so drop the 'I am so objective' act. Your are assuming intent by using the word "deliberately" when you have no way of knowing what MW's intention was. Plus he has given a perfectly reasonable explanation which you obviously do not accept. Which is your right of course but at the same time shows your bias.

Also why would MW intentionally try to hit RB and so consequentially risk damage to his own car? Does not make sense.

and djr81 is right, webber can drive like a bit of a cnt from time to time. i'll admit it. most guys who make it to the top tend to be just a tad ruthless and a tad loose in their interpretation of driving standards manuals... but he does cop it sweet too. and I would argue he's copped more than he's dished out.

because most of the poofs driving thee days will swerve to avoid and you may put them off enought o retain the position.

at least Rubens showed he isn't going to be pushed around on the track. Not budging is exactly what Senna/Prost/any other hardman racer from the goold old days would have done. That's how you stop this over agressive defending - let the other bloke crash into you. He won't swerve at you again knowing he really is risking his race.

Yeh good point re Mark. I remember at Monza last year when Hamo ran him off the track at the end of the brakign zone. It was an intentional prick move with Webber easily in sight, in the wet and after Hamo had already changed his line several times...IN A BRAKING ZONE!!!! And, no penalty. When reporters wanted a blow up from Mark, he said "jsut tough racing...no problem with that"

But he did comment a few weeks later that Hamo was getting a reputation for being overly agressive...after this weekend it looks like Hamo still confuses overly aggressive with overly ambitious :blink: