2009 F1 Season

dezz

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A number one driver who has shown little motivation if at all in the last 2 seasons. Frankly I'm srprised Luca has tolerated it thus far. I can't see how Schueys return will harm developement for next years car......

well I'm a bit confused about how I feel about it too. I kind of feel that once you make a big deal and do the big retirement thing that should be it. it hasn't worked for anyone else who made a comeback (alan jones.....). but on the other hand I am very excited just to see schumacher race one more time. I loved watching him every single time he took to the track.

I actually do partly agree with djr81. it's probably not a good thing long term, but i think the other guys are right. most of the ferarri guys will accept that they are doing this so as not to make massa feel bad and it makes the team look good and gives them a chance to flog a shitload of surplus schumacher merchandise....

hell, I'm wracking my brain to think of which of the remaining races I can get to just to see the guy race one more time.

He can (will) ruin it simply by his presence. If you have seen Kimi in the pitlane when Schumacher is about you will already have seen how little he is wanted. Schumacher simply serves to divert the teams attention away from their future & their frontline driver(s).

Put simply they should have drafted someone who will be of use to them in years to come. Not someone who is out of practice, out of training & generally out of time.

As for BMW leaving - four things come to mind:

1. Their 3 year plan for world domination didn't quite come off, did it lads.

2. Serves you bloody well right to abandonining Frank & his team.

3. Speaks poorly of the future of F1 from a manufacturers point of view if one with BMW history & market position can no longer justify it.

4: I blame Chris Bangle. Sure, it's not his fault, but that is not going to stop me blaming him anyway.

yeah, BMW fked williams over very nicely. payback is a bitch.

as for kimi though, I don't think he'll be worried about MS too much. he's far more concerned with strippers, coke, champagne etc than with keeping his job or impressing his bosses. he also enjoys occasionally driving an F1 car.

Yeh, i am in London at the moment and the BBC just did a story that Ferari have announced MS is back to support the team and his mate Massa.

Trgaedy what happened on the weekend. I was shit scared on Monday when i was driving an R400 Caterham at Spa with stuff hitting my helmet all day...thnakully it was only rubber and bugs but was in the front of my mind every session. :merli:

Interesting times with all the goings ons in F1 at the moment

I'm kind of in 2 minds about it. Would love to see what he can do on this years car, but would hate to see the British press react to him losing to homo or button

I'm kind of in 2 minds about it. Would love to see what he can do on this years car, but would hate to see the British press react to him losing to homo or button

I think it's fkn brilliant having schuey fill in.... I don't think he has anything to prove, especially since Ferrari's best finish this year was a 2nd place.