dezz

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh boy this is going to be good :merli:

i think he might do pretty well, as stated before he has nothing to loose so no pressure.

Ferrari know they can not take the crown, for schumi it will be like a friendly sunday cruise lolll

I'm thrilled he's coming back....I just hope he doen't ruien his legasy.

on the other hand, if he wins every race, and button dosn't finished in the points he'll be the champ again :merli:

It's not like he hasn't driven an F1 car since 2006 either.... he's done some testing since and I for one will be incredibly suprised if he isn't still quick.

I can't see how he can ruin it..... 7 x WDC with 91 GP wins speaks for itself imo

He can (will) ruin it simply by his presence. If you have seen Kimi in the pitlane when Schumacher is about you will already have seen how little he is wanted. Schumacher simply serves to divert the teams attention away from their future & their frontline driver(s).

Put simply they should have drafted someone who will be of use to them in years to come. Not someone who is out of practice, out of training & generally out of time.

As for BMW leaving - four things come to mind:

1. Their 3 year plan for world domination didn't quite come off, did it lads.

2. Serves you bloody well right to abandonining Frank & his team.

3. Speaks poorly of the future of F1 from a manufacturers point of view if one with BMW history & market position can no longer justify it.

4: I blame Chris Bangle. Sure, it's not his fault, but that is not going to stop me blaming him anyway.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...729190859.shtml

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...729195634.shtml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/8172310.stm

Mutiple sources, he's in lads... If you live in Perth, buy your kleenex now!

_46121834_torso2_226.jpg

LEGEND!

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

He can (will) ruin it simply by his presence. If you have seen Kimi in the pitlane when Schumacher is about you will already have seen how little he is wanted. Schumacher simply serves to divert the teams attention away from their future & their frontline driver(s).

Put simply they should have drafted someone who will be of use to them in years to come. Not someone who is out of practice, out of training & generally out of time.

quoted for later word eating...

I think he's mainly doing this to help Massa retain his drive.

Kimi can go sulk in the back of the pits all he wants. . Maybe an ice cream will cheer him up? The rest of the team have a very good relationship with Michael

Betrand Gachot and Russel Crowe would make best friends ey... PUNCH ON!!

Still, in reference to Schumi. I can't see how he'd be a negative influence on development for next year's car. You're talking about the bloke who would win the WDC, have the shortest summer break of all his fellow F1 drivers (Unlike Senna, who'd just f*cking disappear for 3 months), go back to Maranello and bang in countless laps, one after another, in order to produce and develop yet another world championship winning machine.. For God's sake, they managed it 5 times (6 constructors wins not to mention). In the end, we talk about how Schumi won his first WDC in a Benetton, which wasn't so much a rubbish car (Not much designed by Rory Byrne ever was), but the ford powerplant was not the work Renault package.. Yet he still brought home the bacon.. Remember 1996 in John Barnard's woeful Ferrari?? Nearly beating Villeneuve in a lesser car in 1997, and likewise vs Hakkinen in 1999??? 7th position in qualy, driving for Jordan, on a track he'd never raced on before (SPA), which as we know, ended up being one of his strongest circuits (Along with Imola, Monaco, Mangy Cours, Montreal and others).

Nige on the other hand, just grew/trimmed his mo and whinged a lot... Not Schumi.. He's probably lost his real keen edge that he used to have, but it would be safe to say that fierce competitor is still in there, just waiting to burst out, he's still mega fit, he's a tactical genius and I'll bet anything there is still a gargantuan amount of racecraft within Schumi still, even these days. The confidence and experience is there, no doubt, plus, never discount a wiley old fox that is still a bit hungry... I reckon Schumi is, and I can't wait for Valencia!

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

Kimi can go sulk in the back of the pits all he wants. . Maybe an ice cream will cheer him up? The rest of the team have a very good relationship with Michael

The rest of the team aren't driving the car.

Maybe next year they will have Alonso & Massa then.

My point is if you are paying your number one driver shedloads of cash why go out of your way to p!ss him off? Look what Ferrari did to Salo to help Irvine FFS. Then they do this.

It is as bad a situation as Mansell at Williams in 93. Did nothing for anyone other than to further inflate Nige's ego. The regular drivers hated it ie Hill & Coulthard because it got in the way of developing the car properly for the long term.

Ferrari's season is stuffed anyway. It is just an expensive publicity stunt regardless of any results that may be gotten. My question is at what price will a result this year from Schumacher (whether he gets one or not is a different issue) be to the development of a decent car for next year?

My point is if you are paying your number one driver shedloads of cash why go out of your way to p!ss him off? Look what Ferrari did to Salo to help Irvine FFS. Then they do this.

It is as bad a situation as Mansell at Williams in 93. Did nothing for anyone other than to further inflate Nige's ego. The regular drivers hated it ie Hill & Coulthard because it got in the way of developing the car properly for the long term.

Ferrari's season is stuffed anyway. It is just an expensive publicity stunt regardless of any results that may be gotten. My question is at what price will a result this year from Schumacher (whether he gets one or not is a different issue) be to the development of a decent car for next year?

My thoughts too Harry.

I believe Ferrari aren't putting in a young test driver mainly for the negative reaction that could place in poor Massa's mind.

Being seen to be "blooding" a Massa replacement while the poor bloke is still crook would be in poor taste.

Bringing back an icon for a few races to hold Mass's spot for him in the form of MS will be well received publically and will allay any fears that Massa may have of losing his drive through no fault of his own.

So basically, I think it's a respect thing.

I'm kind of in 2 minds about it. Would love to see what he can do on this years car, but would hate to see the British press react to him losing to homo or button

Same. I can't wait to watch him race again, but at the same time, if it doesn't go well, We'll have to listen to/read all about how Hamilton/Button and whoever else is 'better than Schumacher' and other drivel of that nature.

Every article so far has said he'll be in the seat until Massa returns. So at this stage it looks like he'll race in the remaining 7 races.

Eddie Jordan believes MS filling in will spark Kimi to perform better to retain his seat over Massa if Alonso is to take the 2nd seat...

yeah kimi is beginning to look even more bored than usual. I didn't think that was even possible!

having said that his recent podium may light some fire in him.

Every article so far has said he'll be in the seat until Massa returns. So at this stage it looks like he'll race in the remaining 7 races.

Eddie Jordan believes MS filling in will spark Kimi to perform better to retain his seat over Massa if Alonso is to take the 2nd seat...

So is Massa's eye going to be good enough for a return? Hope so but there was some press suggesting otherwise.

Eddie Jordan is a good example of a team boss who used to get the most out of his drivers. He never did have a star at the peak of their career, but none the less managed to get most of his blokes to do better than they did with other teams. Frentzen, Hill, De Cesaris are three who spring to mind. Betrand Gachot is one who does not.

I'm more excited about Schueys return than I am about Webber finally winning a GP after 43 years of trying.

I also highly doubt that Schuey hasn't had a run the '09 Ferrari, he prob has 1 at home.

Does schumi start on zero points or take over massa's points ???

Don't loose faith in webber he is driving extremely well and i for one think he can get that WDC, look wat happend to fago hamo in 07 gifted kimi the WDC loll

Webber is a excellent driver and i have no doubt he can finish top 3 if not win the WDC.

Would be nice to see how schumi drives in quali and the use of kers in race conditions, along with the tye restrictions and his overall pace.

But i would love to see him against barrichello his old team mate into the first corner, and throw in fago hamo for good measure.

schumi has the talent, natural talent and he will be quick, its in his nature might take him 1 race or so but im sure he will perform ok for a 40yr old.

1 good point hamo brings to F1 and the only decent thing he has done is bring along his smokin gf !!!

jumpin up n down on camera