SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

He doesn't start with Massa's points, he'll start at zero. Obviously any points he might score go to Ferrari's constructors total and his own tally. So no chance of an 8th WDC.

I doubt it would take him any more than 30 minutes into P1 on Friday to get a setup and back to speed.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just in reference to this, who gets the points? does it go under massa's name? or does schuey start fresh.... either way with a maximum of 70 points available it is impossible to see him do any better than 4th, figuring vettel button and mark will be scoring as well....

either way though this has so far been the best season ever, webber scores maiden win and is doing great and now schuey is back. I just hope they bring out some tshirts and caps which i can buy :)

so who will be the first guy shumi 'chops' into turn one. and will he get penalised for it? or will it be called schumacher-esque? or maybe they'll call it a button-esque move... lol

Betrand Gachot and Russel Crowe would make best friends ey... PUNCH ON!!

In the words of Frenzal Rhomb, Atleast we know that Russell Crowe's band's a ****ing pile of sh!t....

Still, in reference to Schumi. I can't see how he'd be a negative influence on development for next year's car. You're talking about the bloke who would win the WDC, have the shortest summer break of all his fellow F1 drivers (Unlike Senna, who'd just f*cking disappear for 3 months), go back to Maranello and bang in countless laps, one after another, in order to produce and develop yet another world championship winning machine.. For God's sake, they managed it 5 times (6 constructors wins not to mention). In the end, we talk about how Schumi won his first WDC in a Benetton, which wasn't so much a rubbish car (Not much designed by Rory Byrne ever was), but the ford powerplant was not the work Renault package.. Yet he still brought home the bacon.. Remember 1996 in John Barnard's woeful Ferrari?? Nearly beating Villeneuve in a lesser car in 1997, and likewise vs Hakkinen in 1999??? 7th position in qualy, driving for Jordan, on a track he'd never raced on before (SPA), which as we know, ended up being one of his strongest circuits (Along with Imola, Monaco, Mangy Cours, Montreal and others).

Nige on the other hand, just grew/trimmed his mo and whinged a lot... Not Schumi.. He's probably lost his real keen edge that he used to have, but it would be safe to say that fierce competitor is still in there, just waiting to burst out, he's still mega fit, he's a tactical genius and I'll bet anything there is still a gargantuan amount of racecraft within Schumi still, even these days. The confidence and experience is there, no doubt, plus, never discount a wiley old fox that is still a bit hungry... I reckon Schumi is, and I can't wait for Valencia!

Senna only did that late in his career with McLaren. Different circumstances.

I remember Schumacher running into Hill, Villeneuve etc etc as well. The John Barnard designed Benetton was a very good car. The Ford F1 motor was also very good. Senna won three rounds with a lesser version of it in his McLaren don't forget.

I reckon the reasons he would be a negative influence are as follow:

1. It would be all about this years car for him & this year is already stuffed for Ferrari.

2. He has idiosynchratic set up requirements that will be out of step with the regular drivers. Fine if you the teams No 1 driver, but useless if you are a stand in.

3. He would divide the team loyalty to the drivers they have.

4. He is going to cost coin better spent on other things.

5. He will deprive a future talent of race experience that they can't get. Hell they can't even get testing experience any more.

At the end of the day MS has been staying pretty fit racing bikes, doing testings etc. He most likley will have many of his old engineers etc around him, so will gel with the team quickly meaning that is one of the biggest hurdles over. Qualifying is all mental so he will be his usual best there.

Over the laps of a race he may tire at the end, but the fact that with the tyre rules being what they are means you probably cant drive the car flat and have to conserve meaning it may help with any lack of fitness or concentration over a race.

I for one think the guy will be mega motivated only coming back for a few races, and to hell with upsetting Kimi, if he is that delicate a flower then he is not the guy to lead a team like Ferrari and perhaps it should be back with the complete F1 driver that is Ms, even if he needs a walker to get to the car

In the words of Frenzal Rhomb, Atleast we know that Russell Crowe's band's a ****ing pile of sh!t....

Senna only did that late in his career with McLaren. Different circumstances.

I remember Schumacher running into Hill, Villeneuve etc etc as well. The John Barnard designed Benetton was a very good car. The Ford F1 motor was also very good. Senna won three rounds with a lesser version of it in his McLaren don't forget.

I reckon the reasons he would be a negative influence are as follow:

1. It would be all about this years car for him & this year is already stuffed for Ferrari.

2. He has idiosynchratic set up requirements that will be out of step with the regular drivers. Fine if you the teams No 1 driver, but useless if you are a stand in.

3. He would divide the team loyalty to the drivers they have.

4. He is going to cost coin better spent on other things.

5. He will deprive a future talent of race experience that they can't get. Hell they can't even get testing experience any more.

I don't remember Schuey running into Hill ever. I do recall however Hill running into Schuey on 3 occasions (Adelaide 1994, Silverstone 1995 and Monza 1995)! Yes he did run into Villeneuve (Spain 1997).

1. What has that got to do with anything at all?

2. I doubt much has to change on the car for MS other than seat/pedals

3. How so? Kimi's lack of motivation is Michaels fault how?

4. I highly doubt it's going to cost them much at all when you consider he might actually attract a (big name) sponsor whilst filling in at Ferrari

5. Names? Is it a better scenario to put a young F3 or GP2 driver who has never driven an F1 car into the cockpit and see if he can make it to lap 5 of the GP after totalling another car or 2 in practice an qualifying ?

Oh... and +1 benm

Nah, Schumi opens a new points account..

When Mika Salo stood in for Michael after the latter broke his leg at Silverstone in 99, the same applied. Salo got his own points for his placings, and likewise, Schuey will too. :)

Kimi can go sulk in the back of the pits all he wants. . Maybe an ice cream will cheer him up? The rest of the team have a very good relationship with Michael

Kimi has never fit the mold of the team. He is a talented driver but as far as I'm concerned the way he's been driving lately he can bugger off to rally. At least then he might be interested and give us a show. He will sulk as well, unlike Webber who realised he is about to be upstaged and pulled his finger out!!

Alonso would be a very interesting choice to wear the red suit.

Schumacher and Hamilton side by side coming into turn 1.

I would pay good money to see how that ends up.

Hamo in the wall, no damage to Schu and the stewards will be looking at something else when it goes down :rofl:

I'll have to say, I wasn't knowledgable enough back then to appreciate schumacher in the early years....only really started to pay attention a couple of years before he retired. So I'm gonna savour every last bit of this whether he's winning or not.

I don't remember Schuey running into Hill ever. I do recall however Hill running into Schuey on 3 occasions (Adelaide 1994, Silverstone 1995 and Monza 1995)! Yes he did run into Villeneuve (Spain 1997).

Maybe put down the rose coloured glasses.

1. What has that got to do with anything at all?

2. I doubt much has to change on the car for MS other than seat/pedals

3. How so? Kimi's lack of motivation is Michaels fault how?

4. I highly doubt it's going to cost them much at all when you consider he might actually attract a (big name) sponsor whilst filling in at Ferrari

5. Names? Is it a better scenario to put a young F3 or GP2 driver who has never driven an F1 car into the cockpit and see if he can make it to lap 5 of the GP after totalling another car or 2 in practice an qualifying ?

Oh... and +1 benm

1. What has it got to do with anything at all? Simply put if Ferrari want to be competitive next year they will be doing themselves a disservice wasting effort on this years steaming t*rd of a car.

2. You would be wrong. The idiosynchratic way Schumacher sets the car up is a large part of the reason why he makes his team mates look ordinary at times. It is ok if your the No 1 driver in the team & can dicate set up & the development path for the car but not for a stand in.

3. Did I mention Kimi? I was talking about the team & the need to get behind their contracted drivers without being overly distracted by a stand in.

4. Like Ferrari have any room for more sponsorship. They still carry Marlboro logos in contravention to their agreement. Plus I am sure Schumacher wont be doing it for small change.

5. Oh, lets see. Some bloke called Senna isn't up to much. Then there is Nico Hulkenburg who is testing for Williams & braining the GP2 series. Point being Ferrari should get a driver who will be of use to the team in the future. Schumacher is no Mario Andretti after all.

Not that any of that matters to the one eyed Schumacher fans anyway. Look, enjoy however many races he does. Just don't expect it to do Ferrari any favours in the longer term.