2009 F1 Season

dezz

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anyone been watching the wrc this weekend? Raikkonen rolled his S2000 Fiat in the bushes. Apparently there was a Mr Whippy van down there :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aha0RS4ny9A

Gold! or perhaps he saw 2 chicks with a bottle of champagne and no one to share it with in the bushes...

But.... You never know at the end of the season he might decide to come back to F1, I personally don't believe his flame for f1 is out just yet. In which case it may be massa and schu, with kimi into WRC or something.

Schu is currently testing a 2007 f1 car at mugello, and the FOTA has agreed tO let him test the F60 now it all depends whether FIA allow him.

driving a 07 F1 car wont do much for him sadly. but hopefully if he can get some seat time in the current rarri then he'll be in good shape. I'm sure he'll get a handle on it either way, but he would definitely benefit from some proper seat time in a current spec car with all the kers, no TC, current aero etc.

driving a 07 F1 car wont do much for him sadly. but hopefully if he can get some seat time in the current rarri then he'll be in good shape. I'm sure he'll get a handle on it either way, but he would definitely benefit from some proper seat time in a current spec car with all the kers, no TC, current aero etc.

im sure driving a 07 car will help a little, getting the brain back up to speed with the rush that f1 would give you... also will help his fitness and neck muscles to no end

but no, it wont help him come to terms with the new car... expect him to be fairly slow in friday practise and get faster all weekend

Aparently Schumacher isn't being paid any extra for doing this...

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5464216,00.html

Last 2 paragraphs of that...

So carefully worded. Reads like he didn't ask Montezemelo for the money on Wednesday. :devil:

"...when he met with the Scuderia's president, Luca di Montezemolo, on Wednesday...."

Which leaves approximately 87,000 permutations of who asked what from whom, when.

I don't think it will take long for him at all to adapt himself to the F60. He has driven the F1 cars with 08/09 regulation tyres and wings..... remembering that he also has a 1.5hr session Friday morning and then another 1.5 session in the afternoon.

fair enough too. if Torro Rosso couldn't get a test for a complete newbie, why should a 7 times WDC get a pre race test?

He'll be alright. I'm sure he wouldn't be doing this if he didn't think he still had it. Hell be on the pace (of the car) by qualifying.

Not the most reliable source but,

"Out of courtesy, the other seven members of the Formula One Teams' Association – McLaren, Renault, Toyota, BMW Sauber, Brawn GP, Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso – gave Schumacher and Ferrari the green light."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...5018892,00.html

Just did a bit of search and some sites are saying Red Bull are blocking others are saying they have approved the test. Almost 50/50 split. Nothing on teh redbull site.

I too think it's fair enough for Williams to block the move, rules are rules and I can understand why they've done it. I honestly don't think it's going to be a problem for him anyhow.

Definitely fair enough. Can you imagine if it was Mclaren or another team wanting to test a new driver? I highly doubt Ferrari would be very supportive of it. In saying that, I hope he goes well and comes second behind Webs :P

Not all FOTA teams did. Red Bull blocked it too and I can fully understand it.

They are the only team now that can catch Brawn before the end of the year and as things look right now they have a VERY real chance of doing just that. BUT if suddenly McLaren and Ferrari start jumping ahead of Red Bull rather between them and Brawn then Red Bull won't be able to catch them by the end of the year. So any extra "testing" Ferrari get would just be aiding that very thing happening. I bet the one team that wouldn't block Ferrari right now is Brawn. LOL

Still Torro Rosso and Renault have dumped drivers as a result of poor performances and deteriorating relationships between driver/s and team managers/operators. It is at their discresion as to whether they retain the services of their current drivers of have them replaced. It was neither the wish of Ferrari or Massa that he should cop a 900gram suspension coil to the face, Ferrari NEED to have Massa replaced as a matter of neccessity. It isn't their choice, they aren't chopping and changing drivers for the sake of it..

That said, Schumi is a 7 times WDC, so I can understand that, but the Torro Rosso/Renault thing, in comparison to Ferrari. are two very different sets of circumstances.. So yeah, 50/50 imho..

Still Torro Rosso and Renault have dumped drivers as a result of poor performances and deteriorating relationships between driver/s and team managers/operators. It is at their discresion as to whether they retain the services of their current drivers of have them replaced. It was neither the wish of Ferrari or Massa that he should cop a 900gram suspension coil to the face, Ferrari NEED to have Massa replaced as a matter of neccessity. It isn't their choice, they aren't chopping and changing drivers for the sake of it..

That said, Schumi is a 7 times WDC, so I can understand that, but the Torro Rosso/Renault thing, in comparison to Ferrari. are two very different sets of circumstances.. So yeah, 50/50 imho..

IMHO I can completely understand why other teams told Ferrari to get stuffed. It stems from the multitude of occasions that the Ferrari team were the only ones preventing common sense rule changes from being exercised or for that matter fair & equitable agreements from being enacted.

I would imagine the people at Williams, Red Bull & Torro Rosso p!ssed themselves laughing at the request.

All Ferrari have to do is use their nominated test drivers....

Last year was a 2 make washout. This year you had fairly evens start but the political powers re bmw and feza got all stocky over not winning every race. Something got decided to keep them in and all of a sudden everyones allot mroe competitive eh. *puts on tinfoil hat*.

Excitement @ seeing schuy punt someone off in his less "competitive mind set" days.