SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

well big buddy, if webber is in with a WDC shot going into the last round I will come with you.

lucky I just spoke to the GF and told her schuey is out as she told me she was planning to buy us both tickets to the singapore GP to go watch him one last time... that would have been a bit of a bummer.

Well according to the event publicity Beyonce & ZZ Top will be performing at the Singapore GP. So you are guaranteed to see both talentless hacks & faded "legends" trading on past glories.

See I didn't even mention the drivers. See how much restraint I showed? :mrt:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Renault have had their suspension from this weekend’s European Grand Prix overturned after an FIA International Court of Appeal hearing in Paris on Monday. The team were handed the punishment at the last round in Hungary, where they were found at fault for allowing driver Fernando Alonso to leave the pits with a wheel that hadn’t been properly secured.

Though Renault admitted unsafe conduct, the Court decided that the penalty was too severe and replaced it with a reprimand and a US$50,000 fine...

From here

This weekend will be tough. The KERS cars are going to be hard things to beat along with Alonso, the top 5 wont be the Brawn / RBR hunting ground it was early to mid season.

I am interesting to see how the old bloke in the Ferrari goes! How many years since his last race? :P

Minardi 1999, partnering, Marc Gene was it?? Maybe Gaston Mazzacane??? So long ago now.. Remember Badoer was sooo painfully close to scoring at the Nurburgring in 1999, 5th place before his Ford customer engine expired. I believe Johnny Herbert won that one...

Well i am all pumped for P1. COME ON WEBZ. Who would ever have thought he would be in the hunt. I am stoked he has won a GP, but am still beng careful about increasing expectations too much.

He needs another solid podium and a few more points off Button. He can probably afford to lose to Vettel, but the important thing is he does not have a bad result when others do well (Seb last round)

Its going to be an interesting weekend. Two new drivers, McLaren and Renault promising big things and Brawn going backwards. Cant help but think Rubens could spring a suprise this weekend

lets just hope webber can stay up in the top 3 or 4, with some ferrari, renault and maybe even big macs between him and button and rubes. put vettel down with those two as well. maybe even a few dnfs for vettel please mr car god.

happy to let alonso and co win a few races as long as webber is finishing strongly and gaining on button. come on webber! turn left old son. it's the way to victory!

Vettel's engine has expired in Q3.

Is that the end of his title hopes? I presume, if Webber finishes in front of him this race, team orders will be firmly in place from here to the end of the season.

I believe they get a number of engine swaps without a grid penalty.

edit: I don't suppose RBR can replace the engine prior to quali anyway.