• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and?

that's just what quick, championship winning drivers get paid these days

Top soccer players and NBL stars get even more in some cases, and you're not exactly risking your life (or even serious injury) doing either of those, are you?

consistency?

what the f**k sport are you watching

sorry, my bad- i forgot that massive stack of 'Get out of jail free' cards Ferrari seems to have stashed away (and obviously slipped Renault a freebie, too)

i always thought it worked like a swipe card

when they fcuk up they buzz 666 for bernie and set up a meeting, he comes around and drops his dacks. team jihad get down on their knees, swipe the card though bernies decrepit ass crack and everybody walks away happy.

all it costs any of them is their souls

and?

you seem to think that im amazed at the amount hes getting paid, thats chuck cheese money in sporting terms, no shit, i mearly posted a link to an article which is about his move to ferrari and when we expect to get an official announcement....

Edited by DaGr81

i always thought it worked like a swipe card

when they fcuk up they buzz 666 for bernie and set up a meeting, he comes around and drops his dacks. team jihad get down on their knees, swipe the card though bernies decrepit ass crack and everybody walks away happy.

all it costs any of them is their souls

and instead of entering a PIN, they just give mophead a reach-around while the card's being swiped

you seem to think that im amazed at the amount hes getting paid, thats chuck cheese money in sporting terms, no shit, i mearly posted a link to an article which is about his move to ferrari and when we expect to get an official announcement....

ah, k. soz

sorry, my bad- i forgot that massive stack of 'Get out of jail free' cards Ferrari seems to have stashed away (and obviously slipped Renault a freebie, too)

Funny that Fisi did the same thing during the race in Singapore and didn't have to yield his spot....sure he was racing for the wooden spoon but it makes you scratch your head.

Renault's penalty is staying in F1 for another 2 or 3 years when they wanted out.

Funny that Fisi did the same thing during the race in Singapore and didn't have to yield his spot....sure he was racing for the wooden spoon but it makes you scratch your head.

it is kinda curious, innit?

and?

that's just what quick, championship winning drivers get paid these days

Top soccer players and NBL stars get even more in some cases, and you're not exactly risking your life (or even serious injury) doing either of those, are you?

Maybe the combined total wage of every player in the NBL might come close to that....

Ever since alonso and massa had that spat at the ring in 07, it seems like whenever they got onto the podium together, its been a little icey.

Nando seems like the kind of guy who neither forgives nor forgets... half the reson i cheer him on to be honest

I hope that little brazillian failure isnt hoping for too much info sharing from the two time champ.

Edited by ctjet

Just got back from sinapore, what an awesome week!

Fkn stoked my man hamilton got the win, and thanks to webz for providing me with the crash i was hoping for on turn one all weekend. Shame it cost him any shot at the WDC he had though :(

Ill have some pics tomorrow when i cbf

its official

Alonso signs three-year Ferrari deal

30/09/09 16:43

The Alonso-Ferrari deal is confirmed

Today Ferrari has announced a three-year deal starting next season with 2005 and 2006 World Champion Fernando Alonso. The confirmation of such an agreement has been widely expected for several weeks.

Kimi Raikkonen, although his contract covered the 2010 season, will no longer be a Ferrari driver.

"The Scuderia's driver line-up next season will therefore be made up of Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso, with Giancarlo Fisichella in the role of reserve driver," Ferrari's statement reads.

Alonso will therefore leave Renault at the conclusion of the present season, having won both his drivers' titles and secured two constructors' championships with the French manufacturer's team.

Although he described his years with Renault as being "fantastic" and wishes his soon-to-be former team the best of luck, it is no secret that the Spaniard has been eyeing a move to Ferrari for some time.

"I am delighted and very proud to become a Ferrari driver," he said. "Driving for Ferrari is a dream for anyone who takes part in this sport, and today I am lucky enough to realize that dream."

Alonso also revealed that the initial agreement established last summer planned for a move in 2011, not next year, but the situation changed over the last few days and the switch was brought forward to 2010.

Ferrari was very keen to bring 28-year-old Alonso aboard, as it has long been obvious that both parties share a mutual interest.

"We are very proud to welcome to our team another winning driver, who has demonstrated his amazing talent by winning two World Championships in his career to date," said Team Principal Stefano Domenicali.

2007 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen will complete the three remaining races of the season with Ferrari before making place for Alonso.

"Of course, we wish to thank Kimi for everything he has done during his time with Ferrari: in his first year with us, he managed to win the Drivers' title, thus making his contribution to Ferrari's history and he played a vital role in our taking of the Constructors' title in 2007 and 2008," team boss Domenicali said, also pointing out Raikkonen's victory in Belgium this year in what is a difficult season for the team.

"With common consent, we have agreed to terminate the contract binding me to Ferrari to the end of 2010, one year ahead of schedule," said Raikkonen. "I am very sad to be leaving a team with which I have spent three fantastic years, during which time I won plenty of races. Together, we have won 50% of the world titles in that period and I managed to take the Drivers' title in 2007, thus achieving the target I had set myself at the start of my career.

"I have always felt at home with everyone here and I will have many happy memories of my time with the team," Raikkonen concluded.

It is speculated that the Finn may return to McLaren, which shares with Ferrari the Spanish bank Santander as a sponsor. Santander reportedly played a major role in Alonso's arrival at Ferrari and contributed to Raikkonen's rumoured transfer back to McLaren.

The announcement of Fernando Alonso's destination for the next few years should now open the vanes of the drivers' market, with a cascade effect leading to further driver confirmations from other teams in the coming days and weeks.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...930164339.shtml

to be honest i was really starting to love Kimi style and attitude shame to see him go! but i also really like Alonso so should be awesome line up next yr for Ferrari lets hope they have the car!

can't be much longer now until we get the next major driver change announced officially...

Maybe the combined total wage of every player in the NBL might come close to that....
He has a point...... NBA perhaps ?

ahaha, yeah- i fooked up on my acronyms there. players in our piss-ant series don't get jack

Nando seems like the kind of guy who neither forgives nor forgets... half the reson i cheer him on to be honest

I hope that little brazillian failure isnt hoping for too much info sharing from the two time champ.

will be funny to watch if he doesn't show dominance over Massa going into next season: wonder if the olive-oil sozzled little fag'll have a sook and accuse Ferrari of using McLaren secrets at the end of the year?

consistency?

what the fuck sport are you watching

agreed, they are all over the shop. It also seems webber is targetted for ze punishment. I would say he has no friends in the judiciary since he was (is?) for a long time the head of the GP drivers association. in that position he would have no doubt clashed with F1 management and F1 stewards. no wonder he gets caned if he so much as farts in the wrong direction.

I actually thought the move on alonso was fair, they were side by side in the braking zone (if anything webber already a little ahead) and then alonso outbraked himself and pushed webber wide. alonso also went over the ripple strip, webber hung on around the outside and made the move stick. though I guess allowing that pass would have spoilt singapores perfect record of never having had an F1 passing move take place. anyway, the penalty was bullshit and even more so since he had to give up 8 seconds and an extra place that had nothing to do with him.

it's a bit of a shame to see kimi leave ferrari. he was just so funny there. a team full of high-spirited gee'd up italians and this super cool, bored looking finish driver. gold.

well I'm sure they sweetened his deal with a fair few ice creams. go kimi. the most interesting driver in F1. :thumbsup:

plus now they can flog all the left over kimi/maclaren merchandise.... and I can break out my shiny maclaren/kimi hat. wins for everyone.

I'll be very sad to see my boy Kimi leave...I've always liked his style, even when he was at McLaren, with them being the arch enemy of Ferrari fans...

I've never really liked Massa...But became a fan of Alonso when he seemed to change his attitude and became more humble, even when winning...

Kimi and Alonso at Ferrari would've made my day!

agreed, they are all over the shop. It also seems webber is targetted for ze punishment. I would say he has no friends in the judiciary since he was (is?) for a long time the head of the GP drivers association. in that position he would have no doubt clashed with F1 management and F1 stewards. no wonder he gets caned if he so much as farts in the wrong direction.

I actually thought the move on alonso was fair, they were side by side in the braking zone (if anything webber already a little ahead) and then alonso outbraked himself and pushed webber wide. alonso also went over the ripple strip, webber hung on around the outside and made the move stick. though I guess allowing that pass would have spoilt singapores perfect record of never having had an F1 passing move take place. anyway, the penalty was bullshit and even more so since he had to give up 8 seconds and an extra place that had nothing to do with him.

Thats about the way i saw it as well...Alonso out braked himself running webber wide..what was webber meant to do? He was already a nose infront before the corner! Alonso should've driven with a bit more sense and given room the position was already lost...

Enough about team chrome in here already...Hopefully kimmi does go to homo's team next year and shows him up

I'll be very sad to see my boy Kimi leave...I've always liked his style, even when he was at McLaren, with them being the arch enemy of Ferrari fans...

I've never really liked Massa...But became a fan of Alonso when he seemed to change his attitude and became more humble, even when winning...

Kimi and Alonso at Ferrari would've made my day!

I totally agree kimi and alonso at ferrari would have been a dream

Kimi is one of my favs he is jus super cool, like doing 300 clicks down the straight, and i doubt his expression will change

Oh well good luck kimi n fare well, might see him in rally one day, hope so :)

ive started to appreciate alonso the past 2 yrs, he has tamed himself i think its due to being in a team which was pretty much useless with flavio in charge, although he was a funny character that flavio loll

bring on 2010 !!

can't wait going to be interesting.

Thats about the way i saw it as well...Alonso out braked himself running webber wide..what was webber meant to do? He was already a nose infront before the corner! Alonso should've driven with a bit more sense and given room the position was already lost...

someone gets a nose in front on the outside under brakes and you say the corner is lost??? Its the guy on the inside that has the corner mate. The guy on the outside needs to concede, or try and hang tough on the outside and hope the other bloke doesn't muscle him out. But a guy like Alonso isn't going to give you room to pass him on the outside of a corner. Get real.

If Alonso couldn't make it around the corner at that speed how was Weber ever going to do it on the outside at the same speed? It was never going to happen. Its a daft corner with that ripple strip in the middle of the road, but if that's going to be considered the edge of the track, you can't use ground outside the confines of the track to your advantage - ie to overtake someone. Ask Hamilton.

Edited by hrd-hr30