SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

someone gets a nose in front on the outside under brakes and you say the corner is lost??? Its the guy on the inside that has the corner mate. The guy on the outside needs to concede, or try and hang tough on the outside and hope the other bloke doesn't muscle him out. But a guy like Alonso isn't going to give you room to pass him on the outside of a corner. Get real.

If Alonso couldn't make it around the corner at that speed how was Weber ever going to do it on the outside at the same speed? It was never going to happen. Its a daft corner with that ripple strip in the middle of the road, but if that's going to be considered the edge of the track, you can't use ground outside the confines of the track to your advantage - ie to overtake someone. Ask Hamilton.

yes ask hamilton, i've seen him do it and get away with it. and i've seen him do it and get penalised. both cases were a bit different to webbers though, he was just run off the road by alonso who out braked himself. if there was grass there and webber had still managed to pass him they probably would have let it stick. the fact that they BOTH went over the ripple strip and 'off the track" in my mind makes it even. pass should have stood.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if alonso outbraked himself and Weber was a nose in front, didn't Weber outbrake himself too?

Alonso tried to stay on the track at least. Weber seemed to decide early on it was better for him to get back on the power and run really wide.

Man some of you Webber lovers just can't get past the fact that rules are rules. Niko also broke the rules and had to pay a penalty!

It was a 50:50 call with Webber in my eyes. I was disappointed but i can see why he got the penalty. The only think i ask for is consistancy...how is Kimi driving wide at La Source and KERSing around the outside of everybody is legal! Yet when going wheel to wheel with a car into a braking zone if the car on the inside uses all the track on exit and you run wide to stop a clash then you get penalised....?

that corner would have been so much ballsier and more interesting without that munted ripple strip placed right where you'd normally let the car run out towards the wall.

too much speed off the apex for the regulators to be happy with otherwise, i guess(?)

if alonso outbraked himself and Weber was a nose in front, didn't Weber outbrake himself too?

Alonso tried to stay on the track at least. Weber seemed to decide early on it was better for him to get back on the power and run really wide.

Ahhh no, its pretty hard to take a corner when there is another car there no?? The position was lost because there's a right hand turn after that corner and webber would've been on the inside for that corner.