SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

of course. but equally- who can say the same incident may not have occured if he'd pitted later anyway?

the basic point is Lewis would still be 2008 WDC

yeah 100% agree, don't like Lewis but he won the WDC and is a talent driver. you don't win a WDC just on luck you do need skill

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had to miss doing Silverstone on this coming Tuesday because i now finish work on Thursday. But looks like i have hood winked somebody in going to Abu Dhabi with me so the watching Webz get his 3rd GP win will have to suffice ")

Has anybody ever been to Abu Dhabi? The hotels i have looked at seem terribly expensive sad.gif

Well, you're either filthy stinkin' rich and you're on holiday there, or you collect the garbage (or some other menial task) and live in the desert near the city. I don't think Abu Dhabi does the 'Motel F1' style accom

I hope the person going to Yas Marina with you isn't really expecting Webz to win there...

So Todt got the main gig at the FIA. Foo king great.

He's the right size for a despot I s'pose.

Well he does look like a clone of old Boney himself...

Still, even though I'm a massive fez fan, I would have much rather seen Vatanen win... Sigh, I just hope Todt is more grounded and pro FOTA/teams/constructors than Max was.

Max was a right tyrant and I'm glad he's gone, for good...

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

dissappointing theres another 20 years of the same stupid decisions and rule making ahead

this is only going to cause more ongoing drama and hatemail... so why why why

anyway, its over now, time to move on and continue to hope for the best

Well he does look like a clone of old Boney himself...

Still, even though I'm a massive fez fan, I would have much rather seen Vatanen win...

Too fkn right. Ari is a (very accomplished) racer who actually understands racing. Todt is just a bloody beureacrat.

Spewin! Due to incredible demand tickets to the 2009 Formula 1™ Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix are no longer available.

Fark it!

lol yeah, the stands will be chock full of invisible people...

Thats what i was thinking and why i left it so late to confirm i was going! Every GP i have watched, read about or even attended this year had plenty of empty stands. They are not even selling general admission tickets :) Ringng a few hotels today to see if they have some tickets which i can get through the hotel

fiddlesticks!! (that is a great bit of smack so take this one back) haazaaa, put up your dukes and i will teach you a lesson with the sweet science old chum.

I reckon the Williams was a poor car with poor reliability. I reckon the Jaguar was worse. I know the Minardi was rubbish.

(we have seen what happens to good drivers in average cars, Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton)

king oath! the williams was a crap car with a half decent engine (when it wasn't blowing up). knowing your car will only last about 2 out of 3 races I guess tends to make you push a bit too hard in the times when it's actually running so you could forgive a few f**kups on his part too.

the jag was rubbish too. it was amazing seeing him put that on the front row in qualifying twice. he was (is) a master at the old 1 lap qualifying format. not many drivers are able to do that, go out there and put it all on the line for that 1 lap and be instantly on it.

the only decent car webber has had is the one he's in now and he managed 2 wins and a number of podiums and came 4th in the WDC to be beaten by only the 2 better cars (over the whole of the season) and his team-mate (not by much). he's proven he has the stuff. no doubt. go webber!

So Todt got the main gig at the FIA. Foo king great.

He's the right size for a despot I s'pose.

well at least now you won't have to wonder if the FIA really do favour ferarri.... lol looks like it really is L'Ferrari International Assistance.... d'oh!

yeah 100% agree, don't like Lewis but he won the WDC and is a talent driver. you don't win a WDC just on luck you do need skill

but he did win the WDC on luck. on that last lap it looked like massa had won it when he crossed the line. lewis then had some amazing "luck" and sealed it on the last corner of the last lap of the last race somehow. so his was basically a combination of luck, and the best car in the grid that year. sure he's not a hack, but he's not exactly an F1 superman in my books. he made so many rookie mistakes that year. in the car he had he should have one the championship by about 30 points not half a bees dick!