SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

... because of the layout of the Ferrari rear suspension and gearbox, Technical Director Aldo Costa is believed to be targeting only June's The land of goat sphincter rings Grand Prix for the debut of a double-diffuser for the F60.

Red Bull is apparently in a similar situation, while McLaren Mercedes, BMW Sauber and Renault may be able to debut new diffusers at the start of the forthcoming European season.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ferrari have been in crisis talks and have setup a task force with Australia's own Chris Dyer in charge for the Chinese GP whilst Costa and Baldisserri stay in Maranello. No mention of what Domenicali will be doing.....

It'll get banned and the teams that gave 'em will have the points from the first two races stripped :blush:

hahahahahahahaha

Ferrari have been in crisis talks and have setup a task force with Australia's own Chris Dyer in charge for the Chinese GP whilst Costa and Baldisserri stay in Maranello. No mention of what Domenicali will be doing.....

piss poor effort by the red team. and the silver one too.. but much as I'd love to see Kimi pull his finger out and f**ken drive for once, it's great seeing all the young talent (aside from jenson and rubens heh) up the front of the field.

See Piquet has finally started to cry about the team favouring Alonso. LOL, he cant use that excuse, it makes him look even more pathetic then his driving. Fair enough about the car not suiting him, or the team favouring Alonso, but there is no excuse for beign nowhere most weekends and throwing the car away every second race.

He is simply not up to the task of racing an F1 car! :P

I remember Piquet struggled to be much further than mid-field in the A1 GP days when he was playing in there so I really could never see him doing well unless he had a perfect car to make him look good.

Speaking of A1 - anyone watch the Portugese round on the weekend? How awesome was that track and how awesome would it be to see F1's around there! I reckon it'd be tops F1 track. Can't beleive I'd never heard of the place before.

I remember Piquet struggled to be much further than mid-field in the A1 GP days when he was playing in there so I really could never see him doing well unless he had a perfect car to make him look good.

Speaking of A1 - anyone watch the Portugese round on the weekend? How awesome was that track and how awesome would it be to see F1's around there! I reckon it'd be tops F1 track. Can't beleive I'd never heard of the place before.

IMHO A1 GP is not a good yardstick. It is heavily dependent on which (usually English) company is running the cars for the various countries. You will find that the successful countries are mostly run by a select few companies. NPKJR was a race winner in A1GP in 05 however.

In any case he ran second in the 06 GP2 championship - some hack called Lewis beat him.

Look, clearly he is struggling & the book of excuses is nearing its end. He can drive & needs to do better.

Yeh the Portugese track is awesome. Its new, i was watching a show on it and the changes in elevation would make it very itneresting in an F1 car with no TC.

...waiting on the FIA :(

Speaking of Portugal & the FIA:

If you want awesome type Latvala Portugal crash video into a search engine.

Jari-Matti destroying his WRC Focus in the most comprehensive possible way. There is some in car & some footage from a random spectator.

Also the FIA want to introduce KERS to rally cars. Why don't they just fk off & let someone competent come up with some decent regulations that may actually promote the category???

Edited by djr81

There goes Mark's season :down:

The RBR will be about the worst situated team of the guys that are currently competitive. They cant quite match the diffuser teams but they are the closest. They have a car that is difficult to adapt. The Macs and Fez, along with Renault and BMW will all jump them by mid season.

FARK!

There goes Mark's season :down:

You mean Sebastian's season. Mark has by some fluke of dumb luck managed to keep his car running - he almost finished his first race at the first corner remember. Unluckiest guy in F1 he even breaks his leg when he's in the offseason, anyone that accident prone should have a desk job!! Sure root for the aussie and all it's amazing we got one into the top league of motorsport but I just don't get what's likeable about him, certainly not that stupid thing he does with his forehead whenever there's a camera on him (or maybe he is like that all the time). He always has a bad word to say about someone else when things don't go his way, harden the f**k up Webber!

*zips up flame suit*

I hope RBR manage to keep up with the rest of the pack, it's great to see Vettel in the mix. He will show up Webber this season guaranteed, he is a very impressive driver.

Hey Kinks, i disagree. I think this year will be Webbers best year yet. Vettel alongside him pushing him will drive him. Many drivers if they get beat will reach for the excuse book. I think Webber will improve it needed.

So far two GPs down and they are looking equal.

Vettel will strugle to make an impression On Weber if there are many more wet races.

Hey Kinks, i disagree. I think this year will be Webbers best year yet. Vettel alongside him pushing him will drive him. Many drivers if they get beat will reach for the excuse book. I think Webber will improve it needed.

So far two GPs down and they are looking equal.

I think when its wet Webber is strong, but i think his real strength is in changeable conditions where others are trying to feel out grip levels. The transient parts of the races are when he is typically strong (thinking back to the races that started wet vs changed mid race)

I don't agree, remember Vettel won in Italy in a part wet race.

Not surprised by ruling either, now it's just a matter of how fast others play catch up......

Vettel couldn't get the same times as Webber in the last race....

now they are in the same car it is a more fair comparison than last year when the TR looked very stronger towards the end of the season than the RB cars.

we will need to see more races to know who is quicker as they seem to carry very similar pace.

Edited by wolverine

I don't agree, remember Vettel won in Italy in a part wet race.

Not surprised by ruling either, now it's just a matter of how fast others play catch up......

AND the McLaren was good in the wet last year and Vettel took him twice in Brazil last year. Both drivers are strong in the wet, but like Vettel most of Webbers results have been in the wet. If nto results his speed. How about Webbers performance in British GP last year, he lost it in the first lap, but he was the quickest car for the first two stints rolling past cars every 2-3 laps. It was impressive driving and shows what may have been if he didnt loop it on the first lap. Fogged helmet or not it was a mistake on his part. The BIG thing with Webber is he cant get off the line to save his life. Every 3rd GP he holds his position, most he loses off the grid and once every season he may grab a position :ninja: