2009 F1 Season

dezz

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe because on race pace they are 0.5seconds a lap off the mark so needed to try something a little different if they wanted a decent points haul?

Their cars sucked in the rain last year and they have looked only a little better this year. Like previous years RBR seem to have decent wet weather cars, and maybe some good wet steerers as well

Hamilton took kimi at least three times

Lol only because he kept spinning round... and every time I saw kimi he was getting overtaken! I think his strategy had a lot to do with that though. And I rekon that schuey would have been waaaaaaay more competitive in that car than kimi or massa were (until massa's car stopped).

Bring on Bahrain and go RBR!!

Maybe because on race pace they are 0.5seconds a lap off the mark so needed to try something a little different if they wanted a decent points haul?

Their cars sucked in the rain last year and they have looked only a little better this year. Like previous years RBR seem to have decent wet weather cars, and maybe some good wet steerers as well

Actually, I think you'll find that Massa's pace in the wet yesterday whilst in 3rd place before the retirement was fairly similar to the RBR cars in front of him....

nice to finally see the austrian team win awesome good RBR nice to see webber on a podium 2nd time in nearly ten years (think thats how long webber be racing in f1?) think we are going to see more from this vettel kid

So now to see if Webebr responds positively to all the press that Vettel will be getting re future WDC. He needs to respond next race and show that he is capable of beating the guy... if he is capable. I think he is

I'll do a nude run up the Pacific Hwy if Webber finishes the year with more points than Vettel.

Actually, I think you'll find that Massa's pace in the wet yesterday whilst in 3rd place before the retirement was fairly similar to the RBR cars in front of him....

Really, i didnt have live timing on. Webber came out behind Massa after his first stop and was dropping tim to Vettel and Button who were in front. So since Webber held 3 seconds behind Vettel in the first sting then held 13 seconds in the final stint, i think that whislt Webber was behind Massa he was being held up as Vettel was starting to pull away.

LOl, well at least thats what i saw wathing the crappy Star Sports coverage of the race over here in India :wacko:

Alonso strategy went out the window, why teh hell did they do the first 6 laps under safety car? The track didnt change at all anyway.

Must be pissed to start 2nd and end up 9th. Although he lost 2 or 3 spots from a late spin.

How unfair for webber.. Hes been at RBR for so long but not the one to get the win.

Great for Vettel, but ide like to see him get a win in the dry with a full field.

Hoping no more rain-races. I want to see what the new aero package for renault etc has gained.

unfair for Webber how? He qualified 3rd and finished 2nd, which is great. Vettel managed to maintain his position. If Webber had have started from P1, He probably would've won; but He didn't and He didn't.

Anyway- Lets see if we can get some decent weather in Bahrain.

Vettel slowed in the last few laps so Webber made up a bit of time there plus the slow crossing of the finish line by Vettel probably narrowed the finishing margin.

Webber lost most of his time wrestling with Button but Vettel was a whisker faster on the whole. Perhaps if they had pitted consistently with their starting fuel loads Webber would have been a bit closer to the front given that he seems to have been pulled in at least 3 laps early but Vettel earned the win in what seems to have universally described as a very tough/wet race.

quick edit: unfair maybe due to being pulled into the pits earlier than Vettel but that is F1.

Edited by wolverine

Now i am gutted... http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...420152219.shtml

How can they put my hero on the same screen as the guy i have no respect for. Fark them, i am going to rip off the Tag labels off my Le Mans gear and my turf my TAG glasses

True that.

Disliking lewis never came from lack of talent..

Which Tag Heuer Sunglasses have you got? I have speedways

fking go webber! cop that all the clowns who said he was a hack. just like most of the drivers there, at the time he was in the best car he was able to get the best result (well 2nd to teamate in the same car). if anything his drive was more impressive than vetts as vetts drove the whole race in clear track which is a BIG advantage in the rain. webber spent time battling with button etc and stuck in spray and for once didn't bin it and made some nice moves. troy is right, he needs to cane vettel next race though if he wants to be considered as a top driver, not jsut an average drive in a good car (like hamilton for instance... lol).

Try to remember that Vettel is only 21 years old. Mark is 11 years his senior with more F1 experience.... naturally. Would one expect Mark to be faster than his younger team mate....?

I wouldn't think age and experience meant that Webber would have won or been quick. I would think that age and experience would mean that he didnt crash out of a points winning position in Australia and throw the car off the track and retire in Malaysia.

Thats not a fair comment, but i suspect Webber would not have had the same accident with Kubica in Aus and Webber was in the same car in the same conditions in Malaysia, on cold inters when it came down. Vettel at least had the advantage of beign on inters up to temp

But i expect Webber to be able to outqualify Vettel in the next round, even if it is with a slightly lighter fuel load. Vettel has been lighter in all three and i think Webber has to concede that Vettel is most likely a better qualifier and cant start the session with a single kg more fuel then him

unfair for Webber how? He qualified 3rd and finished 2nd, which is great. Vettel managed to maintain his position. If Webber had have started from P1, He probably would've won; but He didn't and He didn't.

Anyway- Lets see if we can get some decent weather in Bahrain.

Vettel was lighter to get a higher position, yet they pitted Webber first. If Webber was lighter he may very well have gotten pole...

+1 for a dry race in Bahrain!