SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

+1 for a dry race in Bahrain!

I don't think they get a lot of rain in that part of the world, so fingers crossed hey!

Edited by TALBO

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fking go webber! cop that all the clowns who said he was a hack. just like most of the drivers there, at the time he was in the best car he was able to get the best result (well 2nd to teamate in the same car). if anything his drive was more impressive than vetts as vetts drove the whole race in clear track which is a BIG advantage in the rain. webber spent time battling with button etc and stuck in spray and for once didn't bin it and made some nice moves. troy is right, he needs to cane vettel next race though if he wants to be considered as a top driver, not jsut an average drive in a good car (like hamilton for instance... lol).

Driving at the front in a wet race also means being the guinea pig for grip levels, so put another point in Vettel's corner...

Seeing how last weeks race went i had one of those lightbulb moments

I think this is what bernie and his sidekick max where after, because you have to admit F1 has gotten more exciting this season with brawn cars, diffuser, kers, aero, slicks.

The usual ferrari and mclaren arn't in front, its now turned to the teams which where running mid to lower table last season who are in front.

Look at the points table, and last weeks race goes to show, anyone can win the season this year, rbr 1 & 2 is awesome, shakes up the championship shows they have pace and are a winning team

was hoping webber got 1st though, the guy needs a win then i think it will really boost his confidence and he will be a decent challange for the title.

The usual ferrari and mclaren arn't in front, its now turned to the teams which where running mid to lower table last season who are in front.

McLaren & Ferrari aren't anywhere. Which just goes to show of how little import any one team is to F1.

FOR SURE! It does look as though Vettel is pure class and will be able to consistantly be 1/10th quicker in quali, be 1-2 positions further up the track. Thats no blight on Webber....

oh of course not, no blight necessary. Webber's just slower that's all :D

geez, some have a short memory, Vettel couldn't match Webber's pace at Sepang in the wet.....a week ago we could say Vettel needed an apologist. this week is Webber's turn.

more races needed to separate the two.

agreed, and all indications were that the STR F was better than the RBR R last year. and yet webber still showed up vettel on a number of occasions. not just with pace either.

webber will either beat him, or I'll find some good excuses and bury my head in the sand.

and all indications were that the STR F was better than the RBR R last year. and yet webber still showed up vettel on a number of occasions

Would you have some examples?

McLaren & Ferrari aren't anywhere. Which just goes to show of how little import any one team is to F1.

There's a little difference between not being in F1 and being in F1 and not winning......

If you go to any GP anywhere in the world you will see more Ferrari flags and supporters than probably all other teams combined and I'd say McLaren would be easily the 2nd most supported F1 team. I think if Ferrari and McLaren were to pull out of F1, it would cripple F1 from a spectator point of view and probably also take the 'pinnacle' out of the sport. Some history and tradition cannot be f**ked with.... :)

I dont know, there is a scary amount of BMW stuff out there these days. Ferrari are clear No. 1 but McLaren and BMW are close. I think it also has to do with the colours and the BMW logo, so mug punters by BMW gear because...its BMW and not friggin bright orange :)

Will be interesting to see in Spain in a few weeks, i am expecting a sea of blue, sadly cant get Saturday off work so Bahrain on the telly even though its only 4 hours away