2009 F1 Season

dezz

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are you not contradicting yourself? the fact that a four stroke engine is being turned in excess of 20000rpm is unbelievable, how is that not the pinicle of motorsport? the absolute limit of technological engineering? giving teams this freedom doesnt mean they will all take it. Unreliabel cars dont win championships.

Can't wait to see 20,000+rpm though...

However I agree with Montezemolo, F1 is ment to be the pinnacle of technological and engineering in motorsport, the absolute limit of racing... I think this approach is killing that..

It could be argued though that without an engine 'freeze', F1 technology could potentially have these engines revving well and truly above the 20K RPM mark.....

All I'm going to say is that although F1 remains cutting edge and very advanced in a technology and engineering sense... It is also rapidly becoming the pinnacle of gheyness too, with Max and Bernie and some nazi sl*ts all parading on the first ghey and formula 1 mardi gras float!

Before the decision was made to cut rev limits to 19,000, and then 18,000 rpm for this season, BMW had bench tested 2.4L V8s making 800+hp at 23,000rpm...

So we can only imagine what they would've been capable of had they not freezed development

I'm hoping Ferrari's new aero package works for them this weekend....

So we can only imagine what they would've been capable of had they not freezed development

I'm hoping Ferrari's new aero package works for them this weekend....

The Cosworth V8 that Williams used a couple years back pulled 20,000rpm not long after it first ran.

Mostly the engine freeze meant alot of very talented people got sacked. >_<

Speaking of engines..... Bernie is now saying that teams that want to abide by the budget caps (and it's looking more and more like all teams won't have an option) will have engine costs fall outside of the budget caps as well as what we all already knew in regards to driver salaries falling outside the confines of the budget cap.

Speaking of engines..... Bernie is now saying that teams that want to abide by the budget caps (and it's looking more and more like all teams won't have an option) will have engine costs fall outside of the budget caps as well as what we all already knew in regards to driver salaries falling outside the confines of the budget cap.

Yeah well whatever Max & Bernie are smoking they should stop it. The engine proposals they keep coming up with get more & more strange by the week. No they are after something called a universal engine which is to be used across categories.

I have always been a fan of Bernies but I think he has finally lost it.

Edited by djr81

I want to see all the manufacturers walk out and stick with this years rules, instant multi million dollar saving right there. Have a car that runs under the same rules for 3 years, then change a simple vairable like engines, or use of data acquisition, communication to the pits or to and from the pits.

So many ways to make the racing cheaper without re-writing the rule book

Problem is Bernie and Max think F1 is about them. When they come to the realisation that it's about the sport, cars, teams and everything that is made up of those things they might actually pull their heads out of their assholes and stop trying to destroy the sport....

Well its made them both lots of money...this weekend will be interesting. Spewing that my leave has been cancelled and not able to fly over for the weekend. Hope RBR are still competitive and McLaren/Renaul/Ferrari/BMW have not caught up