dezz

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No I'll do the unthinkable!

I'll go watch CHAMPCAR/INDY... Even thought they may drive in circles... They are cars with plenty of horsepower, they are correctly proportioned for an open-wheel racecar, they have wings that don't cause spectators to take their own eyes with drill pieces. They are for the most part, quick cars in a competative field, they pass with somewhat considerable ease and yet the teams don't throw around oodles and oodles of dollars. Oh, and no Mad Max and Benine Bernie to change the rules 10 times a season and bitcha and winge that they lost $500,000 this year because it makes such an impression on the twenty seven squillion dollars the senile of bastard already makes... Also, IRL won't be using 4 engines a season and a gearbox every ten races... YAY! No Ferrari, Kimi, Hotdogs and oval tracks, only minor shortcomings I'm sure I can work on...

ALL F1 needed was 1 race/engine a weekend, maybe every two weeks, slicks, and wings between this years regs and last years, amybe some minor tweaking to the safety car rule and midrace/weekend tyre usage.... I'm not going to support this crap any more, I don't care if the FIA rig every race so Ferrari wins both Championships by the Hungarian GP, firstly, it isn't in the good nature/best interests of the sport, secondly, I don't care because I'm so deluded and disgruntled with the sport I once loved so dearly... Heck... Now they make it so you can't even watch the poor bastarts without implailing each eye wit a starpicket in order to ease the optical agony these cars inflict on their unsuspecting audience...

Gee, you are a tough punter, the last two years have been pretty close championships wth plenty of good/memorable races and the right type of on track action.

The cars may not look brilliant this year, but i will wait and see how they go in traffic and how it has mixed up the field. Hopefully teams like Williams, RBR and Toyota can start the season with a car that can give the established teams a shake for healthy points hauls ....

But more then anything, how can you not be excited to watch how Webber stacks up against Vettel and how with 1yrs Mclaren experience under his belt will Heiki be able to do anything more then a mid field hack? He has been mumbling about needing the team support and knowing he was held back...was often quicker in quali etc so lets see if he is another DC/Button pre-season or if there is substance to it all...

Gee, you are a tough punter, the last two years have been pretty close championships wth plenty of good/memorable races and the right type of on track action.

The cars may not look brilliant this year, but i will wait and see how they go in traffic and how it has mixed up the field. Hopefully teams like Williams, RBR and Toyota can start the season with a car that can give the established teams a shake for healthy points hauls ....

But more then anything, how can you not be excited to watch how Webber stacks up against Vettel and how with 1yrs Mclaren experience under his belt will Heiki be able to do anything more then a mid field hack? He has been mumbling about needing the team support and knowing he was held back...was often quicker in quali etc so lets see if he is another DC/Button pre-season or if there is substance to it all...

I can't and I won't disagree with those points, they are quite valid...

^^ they got the balance of power, mechanical grip and aero right in GP2. I've seen some amazing races.

It is tough though, and I think they are going about it the wrong way by making stupid rules. F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport, making engines and gearboxes last a whole season is silly. They don't do that in drag racing engines only last about 4 seconds in top fuel!

how can you not be excited to watch how Webber stacks

your post should have ended there... I love a good Webber stack!! And he doesn't usually make me wait long either!

Still, waiting for the perfect incarnation of Formula 1 is like trying to find a piece of straw in a huge bundle of needles...

I reckon it's all ready been and gone (in a way);

Take the last of the 3.0L Mercedes-Ilmor V10s, mate that to last years McLaren chassis, and slap on a set of slicks- and there you have the best looking, best sounding, nutzoid powerful, grippiest F1 car that you could want.

Oh hell yeah! Or the F2002 with slicks would've been just as divine!!! :P

Thing is though, I haven't really liked the cars post 2006, I reckon too many winglettes and panels and stuff made the cars look a little bit horrid...

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

Really looking forward to this season *slaps on another cravings patch*

Would be a good time to get in a bet for say webber to win at 1000 to 1!

Putting even $1 down to get a gorilla back would be a complete waste of moneh. Webber will never be WDC. Etch it in diamond.