• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kovalainen-test-z-a01_110209.jpg

kovalainen-test-z-03_110209.jpg

See, this doesn't actually look too bad, proportion is good..

Plus, those slick do indeed succeed in giving me a bit of a hard on! :D:):yes:

I couldnt be happier with this^^

ive got a hundy on with a mate that hamilton finished higher than kimi this yeah in the WDC. Will be interesting :)

I don't reckon- Heikki has more base talent than Webz. Watch him shine this year.

That is a tough one. I think Heikki was the luckiest guy in F1 to get a seat after being punted from Renault where he never really did much. Then again neither did Fisi so that is an observation more then a compliment or insult.

Heikki may be pacey, we will see. But mentally a guy like Webber would run circles around Heikki which means i think it will make him the more consistant driver, and a bigger asset to a team as there is no way you can question Webbers ability. He qualifies well, he leaps up the front of the grid when its wet and the few times he has had a good car under him he has strangled out a result from the car. So even IF Heikki is a bit pacier, it would have to be by a pretty small margin.

In a full year driving one of the best 4 cars on the grid, often the fastest car by a long way on weekends he stumbled into a single win and came a weak as piss 7th in the Championship behind a Renault, both BMWs and both Ferraris. Even if the team was helping Lewis more then Heikki, 7th without even being close to 5th or 6th is a pretty massive fail :D

Hell Webber had his first test yesterday. Pumped out something like 85 laps and was only half a second off the McLaren and quicker then the Williams and Renaults. He jumped from the car and said something along the lines of well that went well. LOL tough as nuts our Boy Mark. The guy is mentally tough, disciplined, very focussed on his team and his racing and may not be the greatest talen on the grid...is far more talented then most and more talented then some who have WDCs to their name but happened to luck into better cars.

Looking forward to his year battling it out with Vettel. Incidentally he was quicker then Vettel who was driving the car before him, though its hard to know the spec of car and conditions.

AND, awesome to see STR giving Bourdais another go. The guy has huge amounts of talen, but struggled mid season and had some bad luck. Teh fact that he opnely admitted he was struggling and workign with the team to bridge the gap to Vettel with regards to setup tells me the guy has the talent and the attitude needed to improve. Come on the quiet French guy who does his talkign when he is wheel to wheel in the braking area :)

I'd have more respect for Webber if he actually binned his car having a go (like DC with his up the inside and over the top type moves) than just sitting back and happy with a 10th, no points and a waste of even turning up.

more talented then some who have WDCs to their name but happened to luck into better cars.

Just curious who you're refferring to there?

Kimi?

Lewis?

Alonso?

Those are the 3 that spring to mind, so maybe I'm missing someone, but don't tell me you think Webber has more talent that any of the above...?

In recent history i am thinking Damon Hill and possibly JV who if the car wasnt perfect struggled

Ah, I thought you were refferring to the current line-up. Lucky, you would've lost whatever little credibility you have left Bris :P

I couldnt be happier with this^^

ive got a hundy on with a mate that hamilton finished higher than kimi this yeah in the WDC. Will be interesting :rolleyes:

Thats 08 spec wing though, im not sure why mclaren arent doing more testing with the 09 wing. Surely you would want as much time as possible learning the big change to your rear downforce?

Apparently that where getting on track results with the 09 wing that didn't match up with the CFD/wind tunnel results, so they put a know quality 08 wing trimmed out to match the 09 downforce levels on to the car to get a new baseline for the testing that they where doing.

Yeah im discusted by their decision with the rear wings. And im still pessimistic about how much more overtaking is actually going to result from it :P

One advantage i can see with the 09 wings is the improvement in visability, especially through the mirrors.

I think revised aero, kers and rules for engines and gearboxes to last longer was all that needed to be done.

Flavio said recently that kers this year is a joke because next year its going to be standardised. So whatever teams spend this year is completely lost. So much for saving money strategies F1!

But the big teams cant afford to wait and not run kers this year, so hundreds of millions is being wasted.

I think the article was in the last f1 magazine