SAU Community

Paint Fmic?

ashneel

well took 3 days but i finally finished it and ye front end looks much cleaner now.

sorry for the shitty pics.

from this

DSC_0272.jpg

4347347.jpg

02012009087.jpg

to this

1.jpg

2.jpg

02012009093.jpg

used high temp paint in satin black for pipes in the engine bay and brake caliper paint for the cooler as its harder to wear down brake caliper paint (so i have been told).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sprayed mine with cans when I first got it...flaked off the end tanks pretty quickly (even with SEVERAL coats on the end tanks, not the fins)...Got it powder coated now, and its 10x more durable..no flaking whatsoever.

Making about 240rwkw without any issues, so don't let anyone tell you powder coating it will affect cooling properties.

I honestly would have thought it stuff the cooling properties up hey. Guess not.

I honestly would have thought it stuff the cooling properties up hey. Guess not.

i just coated a FMIC last week, the application process does not leave it open to cover the entire length of the fins that do the cooling. just enough to remove the silver look.

so there sould be minimal change if any.

$80 for a single stage colour for full coverage

would love to try out a candy on one, but that would stand out like crazy lol have seen a Vette in the states with a candy red cooler for the supercharger.

so far no flaking. iv washed the car 3 times now lol with high pressure hose and always scrub the cooler down to get the bugs off and ye so far all is good

if it starts to flake of to craved it goes lol

i guess it all comes down to how well you prep the surface anyways but ye will see.

so far no flaking. iv washed the car 3 times now lol with high pressure hose and always scrub the cooler down to get the bugs off and ye so far all is good

if it starts to flake of to craved it goes lol

i guess it all comes down to how well you prep the surface anyways but ye will see.

Certainly not trying to take business away from Craved, but seeing as how you're in Vic and he's in NSW, it could be a costly and time consuming process sending it to him for coating...

Any powder coater will more than likely be able to do it for you. I had mine done, along with all the piping as well as some engine bay parts done whilst my car was at RE Customs. They removed it all and sent it off to be acid dipped (to remove the spray paint) and coated etc..

good point Dezz, aus post are a little picky about package sizes too. cam covers etc are only about $40 return for postage, FMIC might be a bit more.

heres the FMIC from last week, ARC GTR cooler

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg