Skyline Drivers Losers?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see to many other skylines, being from the Inner west in Sydney, but i live near a smash repairer and in the last few weeks there have been stacks of r32's and r33's going in and out of there. Typically everyone one iv seen including my own has windows so heavily tinted theres no way to acknowledge them even though i'd love to :(

But funny story, first week i owned my line, i headed down to Wollongong for a drive, was sitting in the pub with a couple mates, talking about the new ride and suddenly this bogan dude sitting at the end of the table, (some random) started aggressively telling me that skylines were f**ked and to buy a real car like a holden or ford and questioning me over and over as to why i bought it. He got so heated he walked around the table to where i was sitting and tried to stand over me, but i was up before he got to there and when he realised i was a good foot taller then him and by this stage a good deal more sober his voice went from angry yelling to a little mouse which squeaked "why you standing up for", i won't go into the response or how he didn't feel like talking anymore after it, but

love my skyline, and i always appreciate others when i see them, have yet to met many other owners though, so no comment, just that you seem to get a bad wrap from other male car owners when you drive a skyline, females of course are a different story, they love the thing, so its win win :P

yeah i considered not buying an r33 because of the stigma that seems to go along with being a skyline owner, but seriously they're a great car and an awesome looking ride. and yes, girls normally do love them lol.

I cant see the point in racing on the street... Its stupid.

putting people to shame gets boring after a while.

I allways wave to skyline drivers.. to this day I have never got a thumbs up. The closest thing was a kid came up to me the other day in coles car park and said "nice ride dude" which I appreciated

you skyline drivers are tight asses with your kudos :P

He didn't though, he only said that the bad personalities probably owned a VL beforehand, not that all VL drivers have bad personalities...there's a difference :D

suddenly this bogan dude sitting at the end of the table, (some random) started aggressively telling me that skylines were f**ked and to buy a real car like a holden or ford and questioning me over and over as to why i bought it

The guy may have had a point. I mean lets compare a commodore to a skyline:

-Skylines are way too common compared to commodores

-A commodore is a sports car

-Commodores look better

-Commodores handle better

-Commodores are faster

-Commodores are built better

Yes i am being sarcastic!

As skyline enthusiasts, you're all much more likely to notice a skyline driver doing the wrong thing.

I know I struggle to ignore that feeling myself. I love skylines, 1 in 100 might do something wrong but because I like them so much it means I pay more attention and that 1 will piss me off more than 10 people screwing around in a commodore :banana:

Stageas though... I've never met a wanker stagea owner.

I think there is some element of what you just spoke about. I have given a nod to a bloke in a skyline once or twice and have received the nod back. Other times I have done it, I have been given the cold shoulder, or have been looked at funny. Obviously, there are going to be some wankers out there, but they're everywhere, and in every culture.

well put, annoys me that trying to be a real car enthusiast, and an import enthusiast primarily and i get some wanker in a thrashed out spray can job s13 pull up next to mine and make a complete cock of himself, usually in front of either a cop or the v8 "crew" therefore deepening the views of imports being a lesser choice of vehicle, but at least they're usually not as brain dead as the v8 commo boys and think they're awesome cause they can get really pissed and do skids and race cops and car runs a 9 down the 1/4 stock standard just he's just a hektick driver, but all in all yes, if you don't like wankers, move to another planet

lol I'm a traffic light hero too...

Most the Skyline owners out Toowoomba way are snobby-pretty boys that have the (swipes hand over face) game face on..

The 2 stagea's I've seen out here were pimp and have had waves from their owners...

Seen 2 chicks (one in a R32 and nother in a r33) out this way too - 1 blowing a kiss and winking at me =P

I just don't see the point the ONLY fellas that wave back are the R31 owners and its cause I know them lol

Mind you I have been chatted to/up by randoms at the car wash... even these 2 old dudes that used to walk up my street (like 60+) and lived a couple doors up used to stop and chat out front of my house and have a perve on the R33. Even had a dude once say wow she's a quiet one.

Now let's talk about Brisbane -fk me dead. In Brisbane 3 out of 4 WRXs have to zoom past me. Often see Silvia's who cruise past for a gander but have only seen like 1 Skyline there...

In the recent month, I haven't had many wankers trying to race at the lights, there used to be this riced up POS excel around the block, but that thing must have died. Pretty much everyone around my area seem to be a Toyota white good snail that takes like 1/2min to accelerate from 0 to the speed limit & can't maintain their speed when they go up a hill.

& I think I know why, I read a booklet at a local RAC about motoring & being green & one of the tips given was accelerate slowly & it even mentioned that 0 to 20km/h should take 5 sec. Maybe they all following that tip.

it even mentioned that 0 to 20km/h should take 5 sec. Maybe they all following that tip.

Man I'm way farked towards being green then I guess :)

Speeds like that are shit pointless, by the time you FINALLY hit 60 everyone is braking for the next set of lights which never seem to be green.

Edited by nicr4wks

Well its an old thread here, but what happened to me tonight kinda pissed me off, i was drivin home from work on burwood hwy, about to go past knox, headin towards the city, i was jus cruising normally, and i saw a car weaving thru traffic real fast behind me, as soon as he got next to me, started driving alongside me, revving, tryin to egg me on, i jus looked at him once and looked straight ahead, the guy was driving an r8 commy, then i realised there was another one on the other side of me doin the same, i jus pretended not to notice, and didnt wanna race him anyway,we were right in front of a police station anyway),then we get past knox police station and his friend thinks its a good idea to start tailgating me real close, i should hav jus slammed my brakes on him..farked situation, hate how osme people think they can beat anything on the road.

Well anyway i guess they got the message and sped off after a few minutes of trying. thought about it wen i got home, wondered whether i should hav jus gone for it, but pretty glad i didnt.

Yeah I would have, but see, we were at the lights right at knox police station, the blue clubby was a ute and the silver one was a sedan, and it was on my left, so i actually thought it was a cop car about to turn in,,and wen it didnt i thought they were following us, but wen he started doin the same i knew they were friends. shud hav jus dropped the clutch

im sorry, but who's the wanker?

ur just as bad as them, by the sounds of things the only reason u didnt race because u thought it was a coppa.

which is why I (referring to my previous post)

look not EVERY single VL owner is a muzza with a heqtiq "BT1" (usually painted a different shade of yellow LOL) or a bogan whos idea of a fast car is a powerglide, a t3/t4, "kickin out sideways in 3rd" (with 205 wide tyres lol) and a Rajab/JPC/Bresciani tune / motor, but most are - I've been a member of Calais Turbo for 4 odd years and its the overwhelming attitude of this community, not to mention nearly every single VLT around here.

Even Skyline owners are bogans these days, at least around these parts, I can count the number of serious enthusiasts I've met on 2 hands lol.

im sorry, but who's the wanker?

ur just as bad as them, by the sounds of things the only reason u didnt race because u thought it was a coppa.

Oh, so coz i get picked on and chose not to do anything, im in the wrong? i was way ahead of them and they flew through the traffic just to get to me.

i didnt even want to race them, wrong place and time and i dont do that kinda sh*t anyway. if anything i wanted to speed off to get away from them, but they got the idea after seeing i wasnt doing anythin.

lol as if i'll race a 300kw car anyway