SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

1 hour ago, iamhe77 said:

Still have people staring at my car every day, sometimes getting a nod or a thumbs-up. Never gets old, even after all these years and kms.

You should try it in an R32 that looks like a GTR (but isn't). Just the other day I had some dude in a van hanging out the window going nutso over my car in traffic. This sort of thing happens pretty much weekly nowadays. A lot has changed in 25 years.

• 9 months later...

Yuh, I saw that the other day (and then went back and watched the earlier one where Misha broke the Crown Athlete wagon), and looking at the inside of that Stagea I thought it looked like it was in really good nick inside. Made me think it hadn't done many miles, which is probably a reasonable thing for a 260RS. I also wondered if it was one of our more recent Euro Stagea owners' cars.

I was actually very surprised by how well it drove. It was doing quite high speeds through various parts with esses and some fast corners where I'd have expected it to just flip over on its roof. It was clearly slower through the bends than that BMW that was behind it to start with, and just walked away from it under power, which was also impressive given it's supposed to be a stock 26 with only ~320HP. The BMS behind must have been a small engined variety.

Makes me realise I'd have to man up quite a lot to push my car anywhere near as fast as Misha drove that Stagea. I have more power and less weight, so the speeds could be higher and I suspect that my suspension setup, which has never been proven at track speeds, might cause a few code browns.

I'm impressed that they didn't stop for fuel half way, must have been nervous to go that far without filling up in a Stagea :rofl:

Seriously though, props to the driver, he obviously knows the place well and treated a borrowed car with respect without babying it either

44 minutes ago, Duncan said:

props to the driver, he obviously knows the place well and treated a borrowed car with respect without babying it either

That's Misha's whole thing. He's got thousands of laps at the ring. Probably tens of thousands by now.