SAU Community

Ben Simpson Memorial Cruise - 2009

OLDS

Hi Guys

Just advising you all of the date of the next

BEN SIMPSON MEMORIAL MEGACRUISE

Since Ben (aka dr1ft_pig13) left us on 1st Feb 2005, we have held a memorial cruise on/near the date, to raise awareness of youth suicide. For the first time the cruise will fall on the exact anniversary of Ben's passing, so it will be bitter/sweet for us BUT we can think of no better way to spend the day.

MEET AT: K-Mart Ingle Farm (bottom cnr near Hungry Jacks)

TIME: 1pm meet and greet ( we hope to get the cruise started by 2.00pm)

DONATION: Gold Coin for Youth Suicide Education/Awareness

TRADITION: A Teddy Bear on an empty seat in your vehicle (Ben loved Bears' and we carry a sofy toy in/on your car in his honour NOT for donating)

The route will be VERY enjoyable "driving"...if you enjoyed the route last year then prepare yourself for more challenges/fun driving, this year. As per last year we will split up into 2 groups.

GROUP 1 will be experienced hills sli/drivers...it will be led by her200sx (aka Shannon), an awesome hills driver and one of Ben's closest friends...they will go first.

GROUP 2 will be for less experienced & rookie hills drivers or those whose rides are not performing at their best...OLD Mark will lead this group (We will still complete the same route & have some fun driving)

PLEASE invite all your friends to join us, the emphasis is on youth suicide awareness not fundraising... (although any donation will be welcomed)

"the NS.com OLDS-Jules & Mark"

"dr1ft_pig13 OLDS"

PS I will be happy to provide letters for those needing a rego permit.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a group 3? For the people that, like, have pretty much never been in the hills?

Nah just joking, will pose this to the old man (hates the idea of cruises, but let me on sundays as its a good cause) and will tag along the tail end of group 2. See if I can get some practice in before hand.

Stock suspension fails...how about a cruise to raise funds to help me buy coilovers :):(

Is there a group 3? For the people that, like, have pretty much never been in the hills?

Nah just joking, will pose this to the old man (hates the idea of cruises, but let me on sundays as its a good cause) and will tag along the tail end of group 2. See if I can get some practice in before hand.

Stock suspension fails...how about a cruise to raise funds to help me buy coilovers :):(

YES there is an unofficial Group 3...they are called the "tag alongs" ...the route map is very clear and the cruise has all left turns till the end ....so you will be fine and most welcome !

In answer to the "Ingle Farm" location ...it is 15mins from the cruise route beginning and as you have 75-90mins of hills driving, we didn't want to have another 30-45mins driving to get there. Unfortunately, I can't move the hills lol...wish I could sometimes.

We GREATLY appreciate the effort everyone makes to attend....we know it is a full day's outing for some. Please go on the NS.com site NS.com linkand answer the new POLL questions for us.

OLD Mark

Edited by mark03

• 4 weeks later...
roughly where will it finish and what time? (group 1)

Cheers!

Providing we get away on time (I will try to do this because of the heat) Group 1 should be finished (incl the stop half way) by 4pm. It will finish in the Athelstone/Newton area.

Hope you can make it

OLD Mark

how much fuel will be needed is another good question

...not sure on that one...depends on ur ride/turb/a/c etc....but it is just less than 100km (even though it is "hilly & bendy")

OLD Mark

Edited by mark03