SAU Community

Ben Simpson Memorial Cruise - 2009

OLDS

some nice cars out there, lil dissapointed by the boys in blue over use of the yellow sticker.

they had 3 cars and a defect bus there attacking randomly as many people as possible while the cruise was leaving. showed a lot of disrespect to the memorial and to the charity we were donating to in my opinion, very disapointing.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some awesome cars out and a great turn out. Route was awesome - though I took the chain of ponds way there and bet everyone to Lobethal lol drive back was sweet as

Pity about the dozen or so defects. Cars out for a good cause and defects were handed left right and centre.

cruise was great, the falcon held its own through the hills surprisingly lol.

Was a big shame about the cops, completely agree with what others said, shows disrespect to the reason this cruise is organised! Should be ashamed of themselves!

Well done to mark and julie on another succesful memorial cruise, hope you raised a decent amount.

lol yeah twas me, were you the black 34 or the white 33?

ignore that, just checked your avatar, think we noticed you looking at us a little strange when we rocked up lol.

Edited by skylineguy19

Some nice cars out there, Got some nice pics as well, lil dissapointed by the the cops wrecking the start to the night. But the rest of the night was great :sick:

Showed a lot of disrespect to the memorial and to the charity we were donating to in my opinion, very disapointing.

Hope to do it again next year and see ya all there.

some nice cars out there, lil dissapointed by the boys in blue over use of the yellow sticker.

they had 3 cars and a defect bus there attacking randomly as many people as possible while the cruise was leaving. showed a lot of disrespect to the memorial and to the charity we were donating to in my opinion, very disapointing.

Well i rocked up at 6:30 an the Mrs realised she forgot her smokes, so drove to the hotel to grab a pack. Decided after seeing that cop car circling to give it a miss. Luckily i did by the looks of it.

Police should be ashamed of themselves, disgraceful considering the cause everyone was there for.

jesus christ. enough with the knocking of police. they came in and defected a 180 after he was a bit of a muppet leaving the meet point about half an hour earlier. and then he decided to come back and bought the police with him. police cars had been cruising through since i got there at about 6:30 and not doing anything to anyone until the guy in the 180. he got what was coming.

i think in total there were 2 or 3 defects, which out of the nigh on 500 (!!!) cars is a pretty good result, and by good result, i mean LESS THAN ONE PERCENT! obviously bad news for the guys that got done, but if the police really were out to get us, how many people do you think wouldve left the meet point without a fancy new sticker on their windscreen?

yes i think the police shouldve exercised a hasty retreat after defected the first car, but honestly, if you werent there and paying attention, dont comment.

Edited by scandyflick

Fair enough for being a hero to be defected.

If you think the cops that were cruising through were not somehow responsible for the defect station your dillusional.

Oh and i was there paying attention til 7pm hence me leaving, read my post.

Either way hats off to the organisers big turn out once again.

Police bringing out a van/bus to the meet point?! That's a bit excessive... don't you think?

It wouldn't be possible for them to defect every single car there anyway... they'd have to block off every exit, have enough police to go to every car, etc etc etc.

People were being defected by just sitting in the car park...

jesus christ. enough with the knocking of police. they came in and defected a 180 after he was a bit of a muppet leaving the meet point about half an hour earlier. and then he decided to come back and bought the police with him. police cars had been cruising through since i got there at about 6:30 and not doing anything to anyone until the guy in the 180. he got what was coming.

i think in total there were 2 or 3 defects, which out of the nigh on 500 (!!!) cars is a pretty good result, and by good result, i mean LESS THAN ONE PERCENT! obviously bad news for the guys that got done, but if the police really were out to get us, how many people do you think wouldve left the meet point without a fancy new sticker on their windscreen?

yes i think the police shouldve exercised a hasty retreat after defected the first car, but honestly, if you werent there and paying attention, dont comment.

Man, were you even there?!? We had to leave early cos we had a call from someone "in the know" saying that there was a whole pack of police coming down to the meet point to defect us all!!

no, i wasnt there...

BSM-64.jpg

... wait a second, i was! ah damn, my memory aint too good apparently.

arrived at 6:35. saw a police car cruising about, having a quick chat to the olds, and not giving anyone any trouble. and if it werent for a certain car driver being a bit silly, it all wouldve been avoided. daniel, it wouldve been quite possible for them to defect every car in that parking lot. 1 police car at each exit, and officers moving through the lot defecting.

anyways, enough about the damn police coming in and 'ruining the cruise' and about how they should be 'ashamed'. it was a good cruise *regardless*, even the people that were defected agree on that point.

Edited by scandyflick

Anyways, was a MAAADDDD cruise , had a massive amount of fun. Was about 8 or 9 cars back from the front on the way back from lobethal and the pace was pretty good! Congrats to the organisers of the day, they did a great job of managing a bit over 450 cars and raised a good amount of money for a great cause. Will def be along next year :huh:

i left around 7:10 and when i was leaving the carpark i already noticed 2 cars pulled over with bonnets up! i then proceeded home and saw another 2 with bonnets up not far from the carpark! and there was a stupid vt trying to drag me and my mateby revving it up and dropping the rear all the time infront of the cops but he never got pulled over!