SAU Community

Ben Simpson Memorial Cruise - 2009

OLDS

some nice cars out there, lil dissapointed by the boys in blue over use of the yellow sticker.

they had 3 cars and a defect bus there attacking randomly as many people as possible while the cruise was leaving. showed a lot of disrespect to the memorial and to the charity we were donating to in my opinion, very disapointing.

Some nice cars out there, Got some nice pics as well, lil dissapointed by the the cops wrecking the start to the night. But the rest of the night was great :huh:

Showed a lot of disrespect to the memorial and to the charity we were donating to in my opinion, very disapointing.

Hope to do it again next year and see ya all there.

Copy paste? you even spelt disappointing wrong just like Dan did.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was under the impression they don’t just drive around in that van, meaning it was preplanned prior to the meet up. 1 guy acting a fool, he deserved to get done. but even if that’s what sparked it, wouldn’t you expect just 2 to 4 cop cars to be there.

yes they could have blocked exits and it was good they didn’t go that far, im sure hj's woulda been happy with them getting attacked in the process.

also depends on the defects if its for 2 bottles of nos hanging out the bonnet then all well and good. but a suspected bov type of defect would have grounds for a "wtf im here to donate to charity"

accountant here, care factor for spelling very minimal :huh:

any 1 get defected for low mounted teddybear?

Edited by Inline 6

Old Jules and I wish to say a special thanks to everyone on this forum who attended...your continued support means so much to us.

"the OLDS"

Old Jules and I wish to say a special thanks to everyone on this forum who attended...your continued support means so much to us.

hey guys,

don't own a skyline (black 09 subaru liberty gtb) but came out on sunday. great event and was more than happy to contribute to your cause.

keep up the good work and will catch you guys (and girls) next time.

Woo my car in Video 2 @ 3:12.

First cruise for me, had great fun. After leaving the start, was following a group down, got stuck at a set of traffic lights, the rest went ahead. So it was me, a Subaru, and a sprinter (corolla, or something)...we had no idea where to go, so we kept going straight :). The Subaru pulled over to the side of the road, the sprinter kept following me, i had no idea where to go, other then into the hills, so that's what i did. I eventually decided to pull over and talk to the guys behind, i told them i had no idea, but i had a GPS. So i said the meet point is at loberthol, we'll catch up to them there. Off we set, just me in my skyline being tailed by a sprinter, he kept up quite well even though i wasn't going too hard. We eventually came to an intersection, and low and behold, the cruise was going past as we got there, i then got behind a Toyota mark II and followed him, he was behind the Hummer - that thing was insane to watch. So i eventually got to the meet point, and then managed to keep with the pack for the remainder. From the meet to the end, i was following the white Subaru "Mr Ed", i also had another Subaru behind me i think.

But all in all, had fun, definitely want to go on a practice cruise, and definitely want to go next time...hopefully next time is also later in the day so i can make it. Thanks Mark and Jules for organizing it.

Thats why I stopped filming until the 2nd group arrived - group 1 was spread out too far apart - had few cars coming every few minutes. I guess the minutes of no cars showed who the noobs were in the "group 1" lol

Was my first time filming something like that so next time = bigger memory card - 4GB aint enough to film the whole arrival at Lobethal at 720P, tri-pod - stop the shaking, and film the whole thing and cut out the empty scenes.

jesus christ. enough with the knocking of police. they came in and defected a 180 after he was a bit of a muppet leaving the meet point about half an hour earlier. and then he decided to come back and bought the police with him. police cars had been cruising through since i got there at about 6:30 and not doing anything to anyone until the guy in the 180. he got what was coming.

i think in total there were 2 or 3 defects, which out of the nigh on 500 (!!!) cars is a pretty good result, and by good result, i mean LESS THAN ONE PERCENT! obviously bad news for the guys that got done, but if the police really were out to get us, how many people do you think wouldve left the meet point without a fancy new sticker on their windscreen?

yes i think the police shouldve exercised a hasty retreat after defected the first car, but honestly, if you werent there and paying attention, dont comment.

the dude left to get petrol with some of his mates, i don't see how that is any " muppet" sort of behaviour. how is it that your so quick to judge him, when the only thing he was trying to do was support this cruise, wasn't that the point of people coming. i'm sure if this wasn't a charity cruise, he would have even bring the thing out! i don't believe anyone who came deserved being defected if they werent doing anything wrong. its really sad that the amount of people that think the percentage of defects were "reasonable" was ok, what if that percentage happened to be you or one of your mates? you'd really think that would be ok then?? the worst part of it all, was it was a cruise to support something special, so your a total d*ck for saying what you said

regards di

more sau love :(

how about a agreement to disagree

scandy feels fine and dandy as there was not a crazy usa type police crack down scene

dan thinks it was preplanned attack on the cruise in the interests of boosting the economy or something like that

stranger danger man feels he wasnt acting a fool and did not deserve to be defected.

jesus christ. enough with the knocking of police. they came in and defected a 180 after he was a bit of a muppet leaving the meet point about half an hour earlier. and then he decided to come back and bought the police with him. police cars had been cruising through since i got there at about 6:30 and not doing anything to anyone until the guy in the 180. he got what was coming.

i think in total there were 2 or 3 defects, which out of the nigh on 500 (!!!) cars is a pretty good result, and by good result, i mean LESS THAN ONE PERCENT! obviously bad news for the guys that got done, but if the police really were out to get us, how many people do you think wouldve left the meet point without a fancy new sticker on their windscreen?

yes i think the police shouldve exercised a hasty retreat after defected the first car, but honestly, if you werent there and paying attention, dont comment.

so did you actually see us leave and can you explain how he was been a soo called muppet i can tell ya one thing ya muppet i can seriously vouch for a very good mate of mine that he didnt do anything stupid leaving or coming back oh and if he was been stupid i must of been drivin like a dick too cause i was right behind him now if u remember soo well about this certain incident u could tell me what car was behind that white 180 DID YOU EVEN SEE THE CAR IN PERSON !!!!!

yes, youre right. forgive me for hearing a car caning it, looking up and only seeing one car driving and putting 2+2 together. how very stupid of me.

if you wanna continue this conversation, pm me.

so did you actually see us leave and can you explain how he was been a soo called muppet i can tell ya one thing ya muppet i can seriously vouch for a very good mate of mine that he didnt do anything stupid leaving or coming back oh and if he was been stupid i must of been drivin like a dick too cause i was right behind him now if u remember soo well about this certain incident u could tell me what car was behind that white 180 DID YOU EVEN SEE THE CAR IN PERSON !!!!!

headachetext. commas and full stops were invented for a reason man.

the dude left to get petrol with some of his mates, i don't see how that is any " muppet" sort of behaviour. how is it that your so quick to judge him, when the only thing he was trying to do was support this cruise, wasn't that the point of people coming. i'm sure if this wasn't a charity cruise, he would have even bring the thing out! i don't believe anyone who came deserved being defected if they werent doing anything wrong. its really sad that the amount of people that think the percentage of defects were "reasonable" was ok, what if that percentage happened to be you or one of your mates? you'd really think that would be ok then?? the worst part of it all, was it was a cruise to support something special, so your a total d*ck for saying what you said

regards di

It really makes me laugh when i here this, people think that cos there not doing anything wrong that it is wrong if the cops give them a defect :P If you mod your car illegally, then you deserve to get a defect at anytime. Just cos its a cruise for charity is no reason for people to get away with driving a defectable/dangerous car.