SAU Community

Ben Simpson Memorial Cruise - 2009

OLDS

yes, youre right. forgive me for hearing a car caning it, looking up and only seeing one car driving and putting 2+2 together. how very stupid of me.

if you wanna continue this conversation, pm me.

agreed with dave here

was standing nearby him, heard someone bash limiter and look up and see said car moving at somewhat of a rate of knots for where it would have left the carpark

sounds like someone is jumping on the defensive a bit here, especially considerin dave didnt mention the colour of the 180 in question, but you did.

so sue me too for agreeing with dave. To put it bluntly, drive like a dick, cop it on the chin if you get caught. shit like that would have been cool one day in the past, but its not now, as it dragged unwanted attention to the group (yes whether the cops woulda gone round defecting had said car gone belting off or not is another thing, but it gave them a reason to come and hang around for a bit more of a look)

/addition to can of worms

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It really makes me laugh when i here this, people think that cos there not doing anything wrong that it is wrong if the cops give them a defect :laugh: If you mod your car illegally, then you deserve to get a defect at anytime. Just cos its a cruise for charity is no reason for people to get away with driving a defectable/dangerous car.

I bet you wouldn't be so positive if you copped one, hows about a bit of compassion for those that did. After all everyone was there for the right reasons knowingly putting their rides at risk. My car is defectable and i guarantee its safer than most standard cars 5 years its senior.

I bet you wouldn't be so positive if you copped one, hows about a bit of compassion for those that did. After all everyone was there for the right reasons knowingly putting their rides at risk. My car is defectable and i guarantee its safer than most standard cars 5 years its senior.

If i cop a defect i'll only be mad at myself, as all the mods on my car are there cos i wanted them. I'll only be compassionate if its not a worthy defect.

The most I've been defected for is a loose air filter, My engine conversion is regency approved so that i can avoid defects. I went through a defect station at the bay about a month ago and came out sticker free. I do my best to keep my car legal or at least look that way, so for those that don't mod their cars in that way there's no one to blame but themselves.

*end rant*

Edited by DSTROY

If i cop a defect i'll only be mad at myself, as all the mods on my car are there cos i wanted them. I'll only be compassionate if its not a worthy defect.

The most I've been defected for is a loose air filter, My engine conversion is regency approved so that i can avoid defects. I went through a defect station at the bay about a month ago and came out sticker free. I do my best to keep my car legal or at least look that way, so for those that don't mod their cars in that way there's no one to blame but themselves.

*end rant*

I've been defected once (12 months ago now, gee time flys) and it was for a BOV that was there when i bought the car (from a car yard and the car was just complied). Most Skylines out there making anymore than 150-180rwkw are defectable (and last i looked yours was making 300 odd) so yours may be approved with a 26 but far from legal.

I guarantee you pop my bonnet and think its a 150rwkw weapon too but i guarantee i could end up with a canary in no time if the boys in blue felt that way inclined. Luck has alot to do with it IMO.

Either way good to see your beast making the numbers (318 right) on Willalls dyno gotta be happy with that..... :laugh:

I've been defected once (12 months ago now, gee time flys) and it was for a BOV that was there when i bought the car (from a car yard and the car was just complied). Most Skylines out there making anymore than 150-180rwkw are defectable (and last i looked yours was making 300 odd) so yours may be approved with a 26 but far from legal.

I guarantee you pop my bonnet and think its a 150rwkw weapon too but i guarantee i could end up with a canary in no time if the boys in blue felt that way inclined. Luck has alot to do with it IMO.

Either way good to see your beast making the numbers (318 right) on Willalls dyno gotta be happy with that..... :laugh:

Yeah 316 on 18psi :D

I never said my engine was legal but it would be very hard for a officer to find the bits that aren't, even regency didn't find my P-fc d-jectro :rofl:

Yeah 316 on 18psi :ninja:

I never said my engine was legal but it would be very hard for a officer to find the bits that aren't, even regency didn't find my P-fc d-jectro :happy:

Regency werent looking too hard then, like i said luck. Cant wait to see your beast on the rollers next month.