SAU Community

Just Put A Greddy Copy Manifold On,,,, Got Problems!

SS#eater

hey just installed a greddy copy plenum...went on ok but 1st drive.............. feels very responsive in first if you floor 1st and hit second i get heaps of lag and if you go third even worse.....4800rpm in 3rd boost still climbing.......but if you jst cruise in third and wind it out progresively putting the throttle down it boosts fine hits full boost by 3600rpm ...i have plumbed the wastegate actuator into a nipple on the plenum itself...it has got a long hose to get arond the motor...i am changing it when i got time to add a nipple to my pipeing turbo side.......so do you think the lengthy hose may be a problem....i????or maybe the feed for the wastegate from plenum is no good??? bleed valve maybe??? i dont know whats your thoughts.....????? take so long to build boost after gear change ...oh and the blow off valve is now mounted on the pipe straight after the turbo ( the metal one)

post-28208-1230549022_thumb.jpg

post-28208-1230549217_thumb.jpg

post-28208-1230549377_thumb.jpg

like the garden hose for pipe?????

its getting changed tommorow when i get to auto shop...its the acc valve feed line.....

anything wrong you can point out to me would be great

cheers

mitch..........

yeah gaskets and aviation quailty gasket goo...i thought boost leak but it always hits hard in 1st like is great but its only once you changed it takes to long to build boost....plenum suface was machined from factory it was flat... put straight edge on it....and sat it on a machined surface was not warped or bent......so i thought maybe not boost leak because in first i have no probs.....im thinking something with waste gate maybe.......

im putting a nipple jst after compressor housing...to see if it helps....

block off the standard bov????? ya reckon???

its plumbed back like standard again ..bt yeah got a turbosmart boost t witch i think is the culpret....i adjst it and boost dont change so hmmmmmmm

if i was running entirely off the wastegate actuator no beed...what boost should i see......like 5 psi maybe ????

Well its more than likely going to be resulting from whatever you changed/touched.

So go over every single part that you touched, and check its connected/together/not leaking.

If you touched a hose clamp, make sure its done up etc etc.

Until you go over everything and triple check your work, its going to be hard to say as boost can leak from anywhere

First thing is first check for any vacuum/boost leaks and the usuall as everybody has stated.

If you are using a after market ecu it may require a tune as you have changed the induction .

Just like when you install a new larger turbo . If you where running std crossover intake pipe and went to the side mount plenum you are changing all you volicity and dynamics of how the engine receives it air. You are going from a long runner setup to a short runner set up.

I may be wrong but it's just a thought..

hey problem solved...dont ask how....was going to block bov to see if its positon so close to the turbo was an issue....so instead of blocking it i thought i would just take the air line going to it off...so thats what i did..went for a drive no difference in the lag.....so i went home put air line back on went for a drive ...now it dosent lag between gear changes....and my boost is settled down not unpredictable...

so i dont really know what changed but its all good....went for a drive with The Mafia in his car yesturday...anyone who doubts what he has done i will vouch for him his car is a monster nice and stock looking but geez!!! made my car feel like a hyundai!!! MORE POWER!!! very quick

cheers for you imput

Have you made sure your throttle cable is at the correct length?

Sometimes after plenum installs the throttle cable is too long, the butterfly will not open 100% even though you have your foot to the floor.