SAU Community

Fake GTRs?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit guys don't get too emotional about it....let the kids have their fun.

Having said that, I would hate to think there are heaps of idiots driving around thinking they have beaten a genuine GTR. So maybe it's a fair call.

The thing is, a GL Lancer IS a riced up piece of shit! If they at least turbo it and shove some bigger brakes (including discs on rear) on then it would be at least semi-respectable (I have seen some like this), but it still has crappy FWD.

I agree with most on this thread......kit & guards are okay but don't badge it unless it is the real thing!!!

To throw a complete spanner in the works does anyone know about the purple 'Gracer' R33 GTR (not sure which tuning company uses it but is used in a few ads)?? Apparently it started life as a R33 Gtst and the ower completely stripped it and rebuilt it as a GTR using all the original gear - guards/kit/engine/interior etc etc. Who is going to deny the owner the right to call it a GTR after all that work??!!!!

Nicely spotted there 2fardown! :rolleyes:

I think GTR bodykits on GTST's looks great, but I always think its incredibly try hard, and disrespectful to real GTR's.. it also drags down the opinion, looks and 'rarity' of the real gtr's roaming the roads.

Every second GTST has a GTR kit.. If I had a GTST and was not happy with how it looks, I'd get a unique kit, not a GTR copy so I could look like every other skyline on the road.

When I see a skyline drive past heres my opinion..

GTST with no kit, but big fmic, performance mods etc.. cool.

GTR kits on GTST - a bit lame

GTR kits with GTR badging on GTST - super lame! throw a brick..

GTR.. omfg that is teh shit

Dan, that's ok, there's no harm in putting badges off a car that's slower than the one you're driving :rolleyes:

When the V8 badges off my Commodore were taken, I immediately bought replacements. But then thought "what's the point? who cares if it's a V8 or not and they'll probably just get stolen again anyway" so I never put them back on.

On a totally unrelated note, I now have a V8 PC ;)

I used to have a 1990 GTS-t Type M, and I also did the GTR front clip swap it due to the T's front clip being very unsightly. It looked sweet but I did leave the rear badge saying GTS-t. It was a GTS-t and thier was no reason to put the badge of a GTR on it. Besides it only had the RB20DET in it.

Now if I did the 26 swap which alot of people here in Japan do, then .... hmmm... naw I would still leave the GTS-t badge on it...hehe!

Now I have a real GTR .....with many problems of course!!!

ive bought a nice r32 gts-t yellow with gt-r front bar and rear wing and the guy at the car yard try to tell me to put on a gt-r badge say it would look sik so i turn around and say ur kiddin right !! anyway i think that gt-r badges should only be on real gt-rs as i got a few mate who are lucky enough to own them and seein the money they pour into them would just be a sin as for the kit on my car i got it like that and i think it looks nice but for me NO GT-R badge will ever touch the body of my car as long as i own it and im the 1st to admit its not a gt-r when asked if it is