SAU Community

Gt-r My09 Nissan Update Letter

handbrake

how can you sleep!!?? hahhaa, i know i wouldn't be able too...

no GPS, in a $150K car? that's a bit rough... hope they rectify for you guys soon with a software upgrade or something, at no cost.

no demonstrators? was he referring to his dealership or in general? trying to get my old man down for a test drive. I thought it was be hard to just get a test drive, didn't know they were possibly planning on no demonstrators...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can you sleep!!?? hahhaa, i know i wouldn't be able too...

no GPS, in a $150K car? that's a bit rough... hope they rectify for you guys soon with a software upgrade or something, at no cost.

Most factory GPS are nothing special, some are crap infact ,i'd rather spend $300-400 on a portable unit (which I did) than have to pay $5,000 more for a car becuase it has a factory sat nav. When my cousin bought a BMW 320i in 2007 he had the idea of getting the sat nav..the dealer told him the factory unit was a P.O.S and to go to JB hi Fi and spend $300 and get a better unit!. I also have a feeling the Sat-Nav and speed limiter are linked in the GT-R.

yes, put i for one would not want to put a portable Sat-nav in a $170K car and make it look all Excel spec

sat nav is overrated anyway.

I agree about cheapening the look of the car by putting in an aftermarket job, however I use the Sat Nav in my 335 every day. Maybe I am just bad with directions.

The spec sheet on the GTR does state:

"Monitor also provides displays and interface for programmable vehicle settings, vehicle information, and audio and navigation systems"

I will see if there is an aftermarket product that will interface through the screen.

Edited by Gibbo_R35

Guys, I have some confirmed news about the waivers:

If you have signed the 4 page waiver then you do not need to sign the 11 page one. I have a copy of the 11 page on and I would not sign it......especially the clause:

Small scratches, etc. may be found on the wheels when your vehicle is delivered. These are due to the test drives performed for the quality validation before the delivery.

Anyway, I am concerned about how much driving is done during the "Quality Validation".

Other than that...no more news.

Delivery date for me is 11th April (Easter Saturday) :P

Possibly will be ready a day or two earlier but I will be unavailable and that friday is Good Friday.

The dealership has been kind enough to loan me a car for the 3 weeks between selling my 540 and the delivery of the GTR.

Edited by handbrake

Delivery date for me is 11th April (Easter Saturday) :D

Possibly will be ready a day or two earlier but I will be unavailable and that friday is Good Friday.

The dealership has been kind enough to loan me a car for the 3 weeks between selling my 540 and the delivery of the GTR.

CONGRATS. Not long now :D

Delivery date for me is 11th April (Easter Saturday) :D

That must feel so good :D

Meet up for a drool with some bris sau members?

That must feel so good :D

Meet up for a drool with some bris sau members?

thanks. will keep an eye open on the forums for he next meet. I will have my 590R's coming in from the states in 5 weeks, so maybe after those are on and rolling (and my wife's shock has eased....)

All this excitement must seem a bit old hat to those who have had their JDM R35's for some time now! I have never personally even seen one of the imports yet so my first look will be when I see my car!

wow , never ever seen one in real life?

Your gonna be in for a good time mate, they look absolutely stunning esp from the front

Its sexy and super modern from the side, its got an imposing presence and has the meanest backend with the 4 big tail pipes. When he see's his car for the first time he will not be able to take the smile off his face..... I couldn't :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Great forum here... I've pre-ordered mine back in Oct 08 from Northside Nissan Perth, expecting deliver in 2-3 months time.

I have ordered a white one, however does anybody know if I will be getting the Ivory Pearl or the new Brilliant White? I much prefer the Brilliant white. If the ADM model is destined to get the Ivory Pearl, would it be possible for my dealer to request it to be done in Brilliant white? My dealer has not been informed of any change in the white colour.

Many Thanks

Zhi

Hi Everyone,

Great forum here... I've pre-ordered mine back in Oct 08 from Northside Nissan Perth, expecting deliver in 2-3 months time.

I have ordered a white one, however does anybody know if I will be getting the Ivory Pearl or the new Brilliant White? I much prefer the Brilliant white. If the ADM model is destined to get the Ivory Pearl, would it be possible for my dealer to request it to be done in Brilliant white? My dealer has not been informed of any change in the white colour.

Many Thanks

Zhi

I've ordered white as well and have seen it few days ago at the dealer.

The new colour is Pearl White and unfortunately it is still "pearly". There is no plain white.

I've ordered white as well and have seen it few days ago at the dealer.

The new colour is Pearl White and unfortunately it is still "pearly". There is no plain white.

So is your "Pearl White" a different colour code to the "Ivory Pearl"? I have heard the original "Ivory Pearl" has a creamish tinge to it, does yours?

Thanks Mate

I have the white, It is a pearl white. In certain light it looks a little off white, however it is definately an ivory pearl.

The colour looks brilliant on the car with the dark wheels.

Hi Gibbo,

What's the colour code of yours? Is it QX1 (ivory pearl) or QAB (brilliant white)?