SAU Community

Please Help Need To Get Car Tested For Emissions Before Im240 Test!

maloney

Hi all, got booked for my first time EVER last night in the Hunter Valley by Highway Patrol and got defected for FMIC, Exhaust, POD Filter, and now I need to get a IM240 test done for emissions... problem is I dont want to get my car tested till its fixed and I dont know who can help???

Once its fixed I plan to get it all engineered but need it fixed by the 14th Jan. Most mechanics are closed for holidays at the moment.

Any ideas who can help me in Sydney???

(The pod filter is getting a box put around it in 3 days time so thats all good)

Hi all, got booked for my first time EVER last night in the Hunter Valley by Highway Patrol and got defected for FMIC, Exhaust, POD Filter, and now I need to get a IM240 test done for emissions... problem is I dont want to get my car tested till its fixed and I dont know who can help???

Once its fixed I plan to get it all engineered but need it fixed by the 14th Jan. Most mechanics are closed for holidays at the moment.

(The pod filter is getting a box put around it in 3 days time so thats all good)

i went for a im240 not coz i got defected just 2 get eng cert and faild.

the rta guy said i need 2 put a new cat in it as high flow one is

1.old and worn out or

2. not holding gasses long inuf.

also maybe a tune up as a few people have said to me but havnt got ecu as yet.

so my advice would be put new cat in be for u go,and hope for the best or pm guiltoy he seems to always have a input he may even be able to tune your car if u have a after market ecu.

he also had im240 done couple months back and passed.

thanks mate

is there an easy way to clean the air sensor or is it a replacement job. Also I got my exhaust checked for noise and it read 95db which is a fail as it has to be under 90db. Any ideas on dropping the volume... ???

You want decent sized mufflers thrown on.

Mid muffler, at least a 5" body on it, with fibreglass packing.

Rear muffler at least a 7" body, you only want a 3" out let on it though. Fibreglass packing again. You also want them as long as possible, for both.

Don't let anyone tell you it won't fit. I have photos of mine all fitted up, and running, with ZERO ground clearance issues. And REALLY quiet, and high flowing. If you need help with getting the exhaust done, PM me.

And a good high flow cat.

wait a second did you get done by hwp or EPA? coz you dont need emissions test unless they ask for one and normally in a letter right?

so dont worry about all that until you get the defect cleared, you want it cleared you need to swap all the aftermarket parts out and then worry about the emissions test because youd wanna engineer it and so on.

Don't they normally send a letter if it needs to be tested? There's no option on the defect slip which says you need the test done! Unless it's changed in the last 6 months? Anyone other than 4teecal verify this please?

Don't they normally send a letter if it needs to be tested? There's no option on the defect slip which says you need the test done! Unless it's changed in the last 6 months? Anyone other than 4teecal verify this please?

You are right. There is no option to tick on the defect notice to indicate an emissions test is required. It can be hand written in the "defect report" box and then tick the emissions box. If the test is not passed and the defect cleared then the AIS or AUVIS station may have a few things to explain to the RTA if they are audited.

The other option is to just forward the vehicle details to the DECC and they will send a notification to the registered owner.

You are right. There is no option to tick on the defect notice to indicate an emissions test is required. It can be hand written in the "defect report" box and then tick the emissions box. If the test is not passed and the defect cleared then the AIS or AUVIS station may have a few things to explain to the RTA if they are audited.

The other option is to just forward the vehicle details to the DECC and they will send a notification to the registered owner.

Yeah it was HWP and they knew what an IM240 test was and I didnt so he tried using the term as often as possible to make me sound dumb. He clearly wrote it in the defect column so that I could choose to remove the FMIC or get the test done. I have just got a standard CAT converter installed today that can bolt in and out and have got a cover for the air pod being installed tomorrow. Im hoping it drops the dB by 3 or else its still to loud. Im hitting 92dB at the moment and need to be under 90. Sadly all my friends have WRX's etc. not a skyline.

But once the defect is removed im getting everything engineered, just sick of the b*llsh*t.