SAU Community

Help Help Help 48kw

shotter

Wow, what a pain in the ass!

The last battery earthing problem I came across was harder to diagnose than this but it wasn't confused with cam sensor problems and a forum thread! next time you have a problem make sure you state your vehicle specs at the beginning of the thread instead of drip feeding them throughout the pages. The workshop in question has overcharged you for the services performed without doubt. That said.... I cannot tell how you handled yourself or how they did. It seems to me that you have kept a level head throughout this ordeal and i feel for you. This type of problem should be treated as a valuable learning experience for the workshop and they should have charged you much less for the hassle of them learning how to go back to basics to diagnose a problem properly. Most of the suggestions made were good ones but few have the skills to work this out in a short time. A good quality jumper lead from the negative battery terminal to the block or a voltmeter in the same position would have sorted it out quick smart.... easy for me to say from the comfort of my keyboard!!

Dead set it is hard to find good workshops... I am a auto elec and find it very hard to refer people to workshops because incompetence and overcharging is taught form day 1 in the industry! That is a harsh generalization that is sad but true.

Dabro makes a good point or two... but like you has not taken the time to provide his name , car or other details in his avatar that make it easier and more comfortable for others to join in and make intelligent comment!( or talk shit...).

All the best

Danny

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im not denying the workshop didn't spend alot of time on the car finding the problem. Because i know they did spend alot of time. The thing that pissed me up the wall was that they kept saying the bill wouldn't be all that much but wouldn't give me a $ amount until the work was all done. Apparently the justification for the dyno time cost is to cover the use of the dyno and the operator. What a load of crap.... And i wont be taking my car back for the simple fact they didn't tell me the bill was going to be that huge.

Wow, what a pain in the ass!

The last battery earthing problem I came across was harder to diagnose than this but it wasn't confused with cam sensor problems and a forum thread! next time you have a problem make sure you state your vehicle specs at the beginning of the thread instead of drip feeding them throughout the pages. The workshop in question has overcharged you for the services performed without doubt. That said.... I cannot tell how you handled yourself or how they did. It seems to me that you have kept a level head throughout this ordeal and i feel for you. This type of problem should be treated as a valuable learning experience for the workshop and they should have charged you much less for the hassle of them learning how to go back to basics to diagnose a problem properly. Most of the suggestions made were good ones but few have the skills to work this out in a short time. A good quality jumper lead from the negative battery terminal to the block or a voltmeter in the same position would have sorted it out quick smart.... easy for me to say from the comfort of my keyboard!!

Dead set it is hard to find good workshops... I am a auto elec and find it very hard to refer people to workshops because incompetence and overcharging is taught form day 1 in the industry! That is a harsh generalization that is sad but true.

Dabro makes a good point or two... but like you has not taken the time to provide his name , car or other details in his avatar that make it easier and more comfortable for others to join in and make intelligent comment!( or talk shit...).

All the best

Fair enough, avatar updated.

Onto my fourth Skyline, Currently building an oldschool style GTS25 sedan with RB30DET. Cant seem to shake them, sell one only to start all over again :-)

Engine Builder/machinist by trade. 13 years. 7 Automotive, 5 Aviation.

Do everything my self and like it that way.

Perrin

exactly. If you do it yourself you know what has been done. And i try to do anything i can myself so i dont get ripped off. But dyno tuning will always be a problem for people to do at home