SAU Community

Where To Get A Hose Reducer

TheProDaniel

hey guys I'm after a 5/8 to 3/4 hose reducer for my heater (20 to 25 conversion) but I can't find one anywhere. I've tried pirtek, plumbing stores, hardware stores and a bunch of car stores but have found nothing. Does anyone thats possibly done the conversion know where I can find one (well 2 actually)?

i just used half of the original 32 heater hoses (ones that go through the fire wall) cut them off, fillted 2 5/8 straight joiners from bursons. them fitted 5/8 blue silicon heater hose onto the engine. they are fairly tight but with a bit of vaso they go on ok. I didnt use the factory pipes that go across the bottom of the inlet manifold tho.. i just joined them straight to the block if that makes sense lol

i just used half of the original 32 heater hoses (ones that go through the fire wall) cut them off, fillted 2 5/8 straight joiners from bursons. them fitted 5/8 blue silicon heater hose onto the engine. they are fairly tight but with a bit of vaso they go on ok. I didnt use the factory pipes that go across the bottom of the inlet manifold tho.. i just joined them straight to the block if that makes sense lol

Ah so basically the silicon 5/8 could stretch enough to fit over the 3/4 outlet / inlet?

Seeing as your in SA, head to GRH supplies at South tce Wingfield (use to work there), ask for Laurie. They have an extensive range of brass fittings and should be able to make something up to do the job! :blink:

Tell him James that use to work there sent you and he'll look after you!

I wouldn't go streaching the hose, gives it a much higher chance of splitting as it makes the wall thickness thinner!

Edited by Jamesrb25

Ah so basically the silicon 5/8 could stretch enough to fit over the 3/4 outlet / inlet?

Yeah mate thats right, just have to get the "blue" silicon hose. Bit of lube and they go on piece of piss.

If you didnt wanna do that then id say enzed, pirtek, hartrite etc etc will have the stuff you need