SAU Community

Re-gasing My Air Con

phenline

Well it is getting pretty hot and oh my air con fails T_T. Just want to know of any businesses anyone has used to re-gas there aircon or can any old air con place do it? Any suggestions? Any ruff estimates on a price?

P.s its for a r32 gtr.

:rofl:

Most auto electricians do it.

Pick up the yellow pages ring around.

Obviously most of them do it dude, and i know how to use a phone book. I was looking for some that someone else with a skyline had used or someone that could recommend a person they like so i could keep all my money in the community :thumbsup: And i would hate to just rock up at a place that has never done it to a skyline and then something bad happen you know on the off chance.

And thanks for the two suggestions above as well :ermm:

Windows down is better anyway!!! Enjoy the summer heat!!!

Slightely off topic.....When i first got my car I noticed my belt for the aircon was cracking. So i replaced all the belts and everything was fine until i noticed the aircon belt had completely split a month later. Probably another few weeks later and the whole belt is completely farked and snapped off..

Either way, At first I figured it was because it was hitting something. But I have checked and there is heaps of clearance... Can the groves get too sharp, or is it possible to get a dodgy belt?

Has this happened to anyone else?

I know its off topic, but missus is on my case to get my air con sorted >:down:

Windows down is better anyway!!! Enjoy the summer heat!!!

Slightely off topic.....When i first got my car I noticed my belt for the aircon was cracking. So i replaced all the belts and everything was fine until i noticed the aircon belt had completely split a month later. Probably another few weeks later and the whole belt is completely farked and snapped off..

Either way, At first I figured it was because it was hitting something. But I have checked and there is heaps of clearance... Can the groves get too sharp, or is it possible to get a dodgy belt?

Has this happened to anyone else?

I know its off topic, but missus is on my case to get my air con sorted >:down:

you can get dogdey belts i bought a new one for power steering and it snap withing in the 1st hour (no was not on wrong or tooo tight)

but then agian like aboove stated can become sharp with age!

yeah tha grooves can get sharper as the age of the vehicle increases. caused by wear and slipping belts over time. another thing to look at would be to see if you a/c compressor isnt starting to lock up.

Can happen over time which will obviously wear the belt out. Also if it is slipping you wont be able to hear it like the old style V-ribbed belt.

Hope this helps!! in the meantime its windows down for me!! (Busted a/c hose!!)

Edited by WARDY32

• 2 weeks later...
update vehicool quote 130$ deerings was 175$ and vehicool could book me in same day :)

Hey mate,

I used vehicool last week they are very quick and my aircon works so you can't go wrong lol. They turned out to be about the cheapest I gathered.

Steve