SAU Community

R33 Horn Fuse

Jay_R33

Hey All,

Once again faced with another problem so i ask your expertise once again lol

I had a crack to try and disconnect my horn but no idea how to do it so i figured i would take the fuse out however i cannot locate the fuse on the fuse boxes, i read the threads on the translations and none of them say horn,

any one know where it is located or any other possible way to get rid of it

cheers in advance

Hey All,

Once again faced with another problem so i ask your expertise once again lol

I had a crack to try and disconnect my horn but no idea how to do it so i figured i would take the fuse out however i cannot locate the fuse on the fuse boxes, i read the threads on the translations and none of them say horn,

any one know where it is located or any other possible way to get rid of it

cheers in advance

Mate the horn fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet on the left hand side, if you look at the inside of the cover of the fuse box it will clearly state which fuse is which. Im pretty sure its a 15A fuse.

I was confused too recently and found it on a different site after hours of searching, the japanese description is on the outside of the fuse box but the english is on the inside.

Keep in mind you can get defected for a non-working horn... :rofl:

yeah i know, but the horn goes of just at the worst times, like today was in the drive thru 4 hot girl in the car ahead of me and my horn goes mental i look like a jerk and everyone in the f*kin kfc were like wtf????

i cant figure out what is causing it to go off...theres a bad earth somewhere but i cant just take the friken steering wheel of cause of my air bag would a general mechanic be a good idea to help? or an auto electrician

I reckon its the counterweight in your steering wheel earthing as u turn the wheel. Its a well documented issue. U need to either take off the counterweight or secure it with an elastic band. Do u an airbag wheel?

Edited by DLOOOK

I reckon its the counterweight in your steering wheel earthing as u turn the wheel. Its a well documented issue. U need to either take off the counterweight or secure it with an elastic band. Do u an airbag wheel?

Agreed.

Disconnect the battery

Get the tool to remove the security bolts for the airbag

Re-secure the counter weight to the steering wheel; either with rubber bands or even cable ties.

yeah an air bag steering wheel, man i doubt i could do it i dont even know what the counterweight is....pretty much one time whilst i was driving i noticed that when i turned the steering wheel to the left like full lock there would be a click like something was loose in their....pretty much atm i have taken out the 10A fuse from under the bonnet so it doesnt go off but will have to get the counterweight looked at...more than likely by my mechnic i dont know if i can risk it if i dont have an ounce of a clue of wat to do lol

thanks for ur replys boys