SAU Community

Summernats Hoons

Helious

Got an expensive white ice chilled that Snooze left here.

Like that wont be drunk b4 he's visits agin. Bahahaha

All Gone thanks to Shell. I posted I had wine and next thing i know she's on the front door. it's all Gonje now. Thakns Shell :P

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sixty bucks - ouch!

The biggest scam must have been the "No Alcohol" Thursday though - thirty bucks to get in, no pavilions open, very few entrants cars around, and, yeah, no alcohol....

Alcohol is the biggest problem at the Summernats. If you can't see that then you're either as thick as two short planks or a bogan feral pisshead that causes the problems.

Would you take your missus to the Nats on any day other than Thursday? I know I wouldn't. Not in a pink fit.

If they didn't serve piss from first thing in the morning on every other day there would be half the problems there are now.

Alcohol is the biggest problem at the Summernats. If you can't see that then you're either as thick as two short planks or a bogan feral pisshead that causes the problems.

Would you take your missus to the Nats on any day other than Thursday? I know I wouldn't. Not in a pink fit.

If they didn't serve piss from first thing in the morning on every other day there would be half the problems there are now.

I think you may have misinterpreted my post, not that it justifies the personal attack.

I didn't personally have a problem with there being no alcohol, in fact I happened to be there on the Thursday and Friday and didn't drink at all.

The issue was more the fact they were charging 30 bucks for people to get into a practically non-existent event, and heavily promoting it on the basis of being alcohol free, as opposed to being trade stand free and largely car free.

There were so few people around on the Thursday, and most of those were either busy setting up trade stands or preparing their cars for the alcohol ban to have made much difference. In reality it probably only meant the traders couldn't have a beer until after 6:00.

If they were serious about accomodating non-bogans and families at the event, they would have a full day (e.g. Friday) alcohol free, and free admission on the set-up day.

Maybe a vague knowledge of "responsible service of alcohol" by the vendors would help on the other days too....

Maybe so, don't take it personally though. Much love :P

RSA is non-existant at the Nats but seriously, $30 is half the price of Saturday. You should expect to get half the show.

.....If you can't see that then you're either as thick as two short planks or a bogan feral pisshead that causes the problems.

....don't take it personally though.

don't take it personally? hmmm....ok

don't take it personally? hmmm....ok

Cheer up mate. If that line was the main thrust of what you originally said (and you mentioned the grog twice so it looked like it was) and you couldn't see that too much is what causes 90% of the problems at the nats, then the statement stands.

You said that it wasn't the main point of what you were on about so it doesn't apply and there's nothing to take personally. By the same token, that statement stands for anyone who thinks that alcohol isn't a problem at the Nats.

Well Sunday was lame as, it was like an organised event. I took and displayed the GTR - no problems again. Where were the top less models, no where I tell you. Where were the drunken idiots, again no where.

It happened to feel like 40 degrees and everyone just wanted water and shade. The go-to-wo was good, the burn outs were good. The jet car driving around the park I thought was a bit dangerous but no one was drunk enougth to follow behind.

I would be bored at Autosaloon but I love the idea of no grog at an event about driving nice cars. Maybe combine the two, cut out the camping and grog.

lol i went down to wagga to stay at the uni with my mate who goes there...the bar there had big containers n was selling goon n juice for 2 bucks a cup

i lol'd

oi dont be baggin out wagga!!! haha its a cheap night out if you wanna seduce some ladies!! :down:

Sheesh alright, only been back on here a couple of days after a lengthy absence.

Seems like it's not the sort of forum it once was.........

It's an awesome forum :P it was a brudder from anudder forum who pressed ya buttons, not us :down:

Welcome back :P

I'm not 100% sure but the same sources told me that the wet t-shirt comp was cancelled and apparently it was (I was working so I wouldnt know) but my sources tell me that the arrangements to have the nats moved to Sydney are under way and most probably will be in Sydney next year. I saw a few Skylines in the paddock and had a fun time listening to the occasional bogan trying to explain to his mate what 'machines' they were...although the left a turbo out for one of the GTRs i saw there (r32). Did many people see the maroon R32 GTR near the fence line? Only 12000km on the odometer and was originally owned by Mark Skafe. I know the guy who owns it, and when i saw it driving away its rear indicator is the outside tail light rather then the light between the two tail lights. Looked pretty nice (had my stockies on it that i swapped for his)

Apologies to Shell about our ATM and how it ran out of cash on Saturday(shell servo), happens every year and I'm the one who has to tell everyone that we only cashout $50 per transaction, when most people wants atleast $100.

Apologies to Shell about our ATM and how it ran out of cash on Saturday(shell servo), happens every year and I'm the one who has to tell everyone that we only cashout $50 per transaction, when most people wants atleast $100.

I don't blame the servo ATM at all... cos really we shouldn't have to come out of the Nats to try and use it in the first place, they should have adequate facilities inside :) Can't believe they only had one atm in the whole place!