SAU Community

Summernats Hoons

Helious

I would be surprised if Chik Henry continues it anyway, he has been talking of retiring and I doubt anyone else could pull it off. Hopefully if they do, they f**k off to some other city.

its was a fairly dull year this year at the nats, i would swap if for the autosalon any day also...

dnt those wnkers relise the shit us skylies cop already.. thanks...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All summernats does is encourage bogans to come out. I worked at this years and last years taking photos for a car website.......(here comes the plug) www.carsofaustralia.com.au

its a website set up to appreciate cars of all kinds. Mostly older classics...... its new also.

I took over 3000 photos at the nats and i couldnt wait to leave and be done with it. all you heard was white shirt or pink shirt etc etc and titties or show us ya tits...... its pathetic, and all the girls that do it are ugly ass bogans and dole bludgers...... no half decent girl would expose themselves to a pack of dick head bogans at summernats.....

This year was the first year i went to sat night entertainment and let me tell you, i wont be going again, i mean F me...... i was up in the grandstand with the AV guys whom i knew watching the super cruise and fireworks, all was good then. Then the band started playing and was being boo'd and shouts of get off from the crowd (deserved though cause they were shit) but all they wanted was tities and the strippers...... the stage down stairs got over run by the crowd so Mr Henry wanted to have the wet t shirt comp upstairs where the band was...... ummmm dumb idea followed that and it was put to him that their is 3 phase power running around the stage and if he wanted an electrofied comp then thats what would be acheived..... funnly enough he decided against it. but said we have to choice so we had to clear the stage (girls got wet downstairs then came up....lol) cans were thrown on stage.... not safe at all..... then security were no where to be seen letting every bogan up to the grandstand some young kids like 14 15 all shouting tities....... luckily we had our exit worked out and ready to abandon ship if needed......

Ive also heard that summernats has signed with eastern creek next year....

I've heard rumours about how much sydney is offering to have a 3-5 year contract to have the nats there, something like 10-15 mil!! Also they got 10000 less people going then they were aiming for. Chances are if it is on next year it will be its last. I'm all for autosalon, but if it does come to canberra the first year will be awkard for us due to the fact the nats fans will cause trouble as it isnt the nats.

I'm glad its over, driven down flemmington without seeing one cop twice now :P

Autosalon isn't as exciting as you might think, you have to remember that it's all indoors, and the only time a car is started is to go to the dyno... We get in trouble for just warming them up inside :P

I am glad to say though that there are less and less wanky MX5s with 20 thousand dollar paint jobs and more and more huge turbo'd monstrosities :P

Would also help if it was cheaper... $60 for Saturday was f**king ridiculous, no wonder they got less people

Sixty bucks - ouch!

The biggest scam must have been the "No Alcohol" Thursday though - thirty bucks to get in, no pavilions open, very few entrants cars around, and, yeah, no alcohol....

yeah.. it's the Nats not the F1 ffs.... almost turned around and went home!

and THEN... after using up all my cash on entry fee, I needed to get some money out, and there is ONE atm in the whole place which was out of order!!! Walk to the Shell servo... out of order too!!! It was no alcohol day for me too cos I had no money haha

I went to Autosalon in Melbourne a few years back. I have to say that even though there were some serious weapons there, i was really unimpressed. Most of us have seen turbos on the side of an engine and to stare it different versions all day was just boring. I want to see them driving, driving fast at that.

Well what do you expect? In a country that is dominated by V8 Motorsport, Auto Salon is a showcase of what can be done with asian cars. There are a few workshops that get into it (Gas, ESP etc) and good on them for it, but besides bragging rights, there's not much incentive there to do it at all... Most of the entrants are sole entries that have put their own time and money into it, so it can only go so far... John (RH9) is just one guy, he doesn't own a workshop...

Not to mention a tiny population to start with :)

It's going alright though, I don't know how many Auto Salons around the world have had a car crack 1000kws live... It gets better every year :sweat:

if u wana see the cream of aussie cars...motorex is the way to go..basically the nats top 60 without the crowds, bogans, etc etc etc. also get to see a whole heap of other kinds of cars there...jap cars, hot rods, aand the best aussie cars like fiveten, boosted etc etc etc

really really good weekend away.

other than that autosalon is good...but the standard isn't as high.

Few years back, these blokes from Summernats carried on their drunken behaviour at Dickson shopping centre car park, harassing my mom and my sister while they were doing grocery shopping. One guy spat on my sister's car, because she didn't responding to "show us your ****".

Also, note that water spray guns are banned on the event - I heard that there were people who sprayed brake fluids while hiding in the crowds, aimed at Japanese cars parade pass.

I'll be glad if Summernats move to Sydney.