SAU Community

Lacking Power

stirlz

hi guys thought i might put this on here because it is doin my head in its seems to be lacking alot of power , before it did this it had lots of power pushing u back in ur seat ,but now its nothing like it i have gone all over the car checking if everything is conected and stuff but cant find out whats making it lose power as u accelerate , so if anyone could please help me out would really appreciate it ,thanks

check hose connections to the intercooler, i forgot to do up a clamp last time i was working on the car, went for a drive and felt very flat as it was leaking on boost.

i will do mate thanks but the thing is that it still boosts up lol ,like its has heaps of boost but no grunt behind it , like u driving along in third or four and plant it lags like revs go down slightly and then slowly goes back, but not as a qiuck and responsive like it use to be?and i put a full tank in it and when i have been driving it. the fuel in now down to a quater of a tank and only have done 180km on the tank, i think its somewhere in the eletrontics somewhere,in my thinking it might be getting to much fuel ??? any other problems it might be?? :)

arghh this is happening to me too!!! sorry to hijack mate but my car was lagging bad today too.. yesterday i cleaned out my AAC valve to sort out some idle issues i had.. and halfway to the city today the car starts to lag pretty much exactly as you described it.. and the idle is rough and lumpy.

any ideas? no mods really, as i said all i did yesterday was remove my AAC valve to clean it. pretty sure i put everything back on properly.

similiar problem to me,

car lags a bit, and i had a really terrible idle.

sometimes car would stall if i take a corner too slow,

changed spark plugs, helped the idle 10%

cleaned aac, helped antoher 10%

changed back to stock bov, from atmo, fixed the whole idle problem nearly completely.

Only issues i have, is

cold start idle, really lumpy

but once i drive aaround the block

it idles fine,

car still lags a bit tho?

well thats good to hear mate ur car is goin all rite but mine is still doin in my head im takin it down to a dyno place so they can tell me wats wrong wit it i think its running really rich other words alot of fuel that dont need to be in the engine lol

but no blck smoke tho

ok so last night the same shit happened again!! it seems like every 2nd or 3rd time i start it up.. it will begin to idle badly and struggle to make boost. then the next drive it runs perfectly! does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

cheers

ok so last night the same shit happened again!! it seems like every 2nd or 3rd time i start it up.. it will begin to idle badly and struggle to make boost. then the next drive it runs perfectly! does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

cheers

hey yea mine is still doing it but i think i somethin to do wit the computer or the wireing to it coz, i put my computer out and took the plastic cover off where the wires go and just pushed them in to make sure they are making contact, that seem to work for abit so i took it for a spin and then seemed fine , and i was rapped about it and then is started doing it again im going to go over the hole earths wires and everything else to make sure that everything is making contact , if any one else has any better ideas let us know thanks !!!

tighten the screw on your ecu harness up a bit more, when i put my power fc in i didnt do it tight enough and it was idling rough and th vct was clicking on and off heaps. also check for damaged wires etc.

hey guy i went to the autoalic 2day and they found out y i was losing power , turns out that the nock sensor pug was playing up, and now go better , something that simply stuffs up everying lmao thanks for everyones help on this topic have a good one :)