SAU Community

Rda Rotors & Ebc Pads Group Buy 2009

rs73

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you go to My Controls, upper RH corner, then on the left sidebar go to Board Settings, make sure the "Disable Personal Messenger" section is set to No.

Setting it to Yes will disable your personal messenger.

if still doesn't work, email me: rsoputro at hotmail dot com

(replace the obvious words above with the proper symbols, you know the drill - spam prevention)

i'll send you a quote soon.

Hi, is there anyone online who can tell me in the next 5 minutes how the hell to get the rear rotors off an R34GTT? Otherwise I am taking to it with a slegehammer. I assume the handbrake assembly is inside the top hat and I somehow have to undo that? Please help ASAP. I have the car in 1,000,000 pieces right now and want to get it back together.

release handbrake. handbrake drums might be pressing the inner drum of the rotors, making it too tight to remove.

it can get sticky, from all those age old rust and dirt and grime get stuck in between. use rubber mallet. sledgehammer is a bit extreme... :-)

Yeah I released the handbrake. So there are definitely no other nuts/bolts to remove once the brake caliper is off? Just bash the bit of the disk you can see? Trouble is with the shield around it there is not much room to swing or hit.

Damn - might jack it up as high as it will go and get some leverage on the mallet. Thanks! It doesn't seem to have much movement at all - I take it it will gradually loosen up and come off?

Well I have just finished putting it all back together.

In the end I gave up on the getting the rear rotors off - making the necessary noise at 11pm seems like a bad idea in my neighbourhood.

So, today I did:

- Fitted front RDA slotted/passivated rotors

- Fitted front QFM HPX pads

- Fitted front and rear ADR compliant braided brake lines

- Flushed entire brake system with Motul Dot5 and refilled/bled

- Painted all calipers gold

Phew - 9.5 hours all up.

The result is below

post-669-1243527641_thumb.jpg