SAU Community

Calder Park

Daz

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe ... Dr_Drift was right ... ".. Either break or be very fast" ...

First run was a bit weak ... i was scared to heat the tyres as my first time on slicks and first time driving the car above 110km/h.

So 1st run was crapola .. well, a great time for a GTSt, but RB26 with twin 420hp turbo's and it looks like i can't drive or the car is running poorly (and well the car is running well)

2nd run and heated tyres up well (playing around with the line-lock kit on the water strip) ... and waited for the slow assed but damn nice looking Supra to launch, then 8,500 rpm .. fed the clutch until it clamped a little .. and dropped it ... pulled very hard for about 1 metre, then snapped the axle and i slowed to take a right and parked on the grass.

Simply fix by Benny on Sunday .. the part was much cheaper than another box (poor BMT GTR...) however I would like to actually get a 1.5 mill gasket as the standard one is not holding the heat in very well...

A great learning experience with this baby ... and will not be running American Racer slicks until I can crack a good time while we run low boost.... just need to get that 60ft time down and keep changin' .. the rest is up to Endless :)

A good time? .. I'm hoping to crack 11.5 beofre upping boost. .. but who knows?

I made 12.14 on a hot day at Heathcote in my old R33GTSt, and Endless makes that almost feel like a stock GTSt ... well almost :P

Stay tuned. I might even take my Oyabun Ceffy out next meet :)

Fair call RedR32...

Why?

1) I had them.

2) I thought stock tyres would be a waste of time until I get some experience with a laggy RWD and triple plate clutch.

3) By previous experiences ...my first run in the old R33 spun the wheels from start to finish (yes, slightly crossed up over the 1/4 mile line :P) .. can achieve great mph, but 1/4 mile time is the real measure here right?

4) Because now I know how strong a GTSt is..

Next time I'll use these old semi-slick advans (street radials i'm pretty sure) .... I hope to afford nitto's when the car is ready to be boosted higher.

It's okay .. not much ego riding on this car breaking records, however it would be nice :) ... tried to calm my nerves early in the evening by writing 'RH12' on my windscreen ... not many people laughed with me though :)

Cheers,

Oyabun

Originally posted by RedR32

Thats a good time for its first time out, and the MPH shows there is more in the car. But why would you run full drag slicks, and not warm them up? If they didnt think the driveline was up to the task, why put them on?

Fairy nuff!

So when r u running it next?

PS - Snapping an axle... F#$k... Which side?

matt

Originally posted by Dr_Drift

Matt - It only had one pass, we wound the boost back to 1.2 and we're just testing... first launch snapped the axle :P

matts cars a wolf in sheeps clothing! I remember seing it at a dyno day and thought hmm yes an average one, then he pumped out 300rwkw and we all all like FU**K

Cheers Matt ..

snapped the left side ... i'll post some pics tonight if I've time....

why come down yourself and try to crack the 11's too!.. would be nice to have a little hybrid competition there ...

yeah, EndlessR32 Has lost the sleeper look I had in my old R33 ... (now owned by Jet33). It is pretty cool to rock up in a stock looking red r33 and pull close to flat 12 with low 11's mph :D

dunno when running next ... i guess will be next calder meet.

I was expecting time for only a few runs at calder though, so came out hard on the 2nd run ... only to see some of the others get up to 9 runs in the evening!

And that's exactly why I ain't running slicks! Ouch :D

Yeah, I've got nittos to run on, so when I get my new clutch I'll be going out to see if I can run mid-low 11's. On street tyres there sweet f/a traction below 120km/h (or a bit into 3rd gear)....

Ahh well, good luck with that... As you said, stay off slicks for a while and see what she'll do on nittos.

matt

Originally posted by Oyabun

Cheers Matt ..

snapped the left side ... i'll post some pics tonight if I've time....

why come down yourself and try to crack the 11's too!.. would be nice to have a little hybrid competition there ...

yeah, EndlessR32 Has lost the sleeper look I had in my old R33 ... (now owned by Jet33).  It is pretty cool to rock up in a stock looking red r33 and pull close to flat 12 with low 11's mph :D

dunno when running next ... i guess will be next calder meet.

I was expecting time for only a few runs at calder though, so came out hard on the 2nd run ... only to see some of the others get up to 9 runs in the evening!